Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year! New Cycle! New Baby (hopefully!)

One of my follower friends left the title of this blog on a comment on my last post and I thought it was fitting. It IS a big odd that my first injection was on New Years Day...but I promise not to read too much into that. It just makes me feel like I am putting 2010 to rest, and (hopefully) will have a lot of wonderful blessings in 2011 to look forward to.

I'm not saying that 2010 was horrible....because it wasn't. I got two promotions at work this year, I've made a lot of new awesome friends, we went to Florida, we went to Tahoe, I got to see my family twice (we live in different states, so I am lucky if I see them once a year,) my DH and I are both healthy, etc. etc. So, as you can see...we've had a good year. Of course, starting out the year I had HOPED that we'd conceive naturally on our own. We gave up on treatment at the beginning of year and concentrated mostly on acupuncture and "the old fashioned way." Though, we obviously didn't get what we are hoping for....this didn't make it a bad year. It was actually nice to take time off from treatment and concentrate on other things in our life. But, I do feel like I am ready to close out 2010 and concentrate on an EVEN better future in 2011!

I did my first injection of lupron tonight. As I thought it would be....it was a cinch! At 7pm, I went up to the "shot station," prepared the injection, did the injection without even a second thought, and then walked back downstairs to unload the dishwasher....easy! I hope every injection is this easy! I was never truly worried about giving myself the injections, but there were thoughts in the back of my mind that were a bit uncomfortable....mostly because giving yourself injections is just such an odd thing! But, now those uncomfortable thoughts are gone now that the unknown is gone, and I know I have nothing to be uncomfortable about.

Here's to a WONDERFUL 2011, I hope all of my blogger friends get all they hope for in the new year!!! Love to all!!!

9 comments:

Nic said...

Pleased your injection went well!
Yay to a new year, a new cycle and a new baby, I like that!
x

clewis said...

good job on injection. they freak me out a bit!

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

Hey Krista thanks for the nice comment! We are so excited to finally get that miracle, on New Years Eve no less!

How exciting to be starting Ivf! I remember my first lupron shot, exciting and nerve raking all at once!

Feel free to ask me questions along the way! Hope 2011 brings you many blessings :0

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

We find out Friday if its one or two! So exciting!

I had a dream last night that it was triplets! Yikes! That would be scary ;-)

Jenny said...

Glad to see the injections aren't causing you any problems & hoping this cycle is the only one you've ever got to do! Good for you for being able to see last year in a positive light and I hope this year is heaps better for you too.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your cycle and yay for a new year!

Sarah said...

Thanks for telling me about Half.com! I will have to check it out. All the video games sold on ebay but none of the books!

Good luck with your cycle! I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Anonymous said...

Looks like I joined you at the right time! Best of luck!

Liz said...

How is the Lupron going for you? I did my first one last night! Have you noticed any side effects?