Thanks for all of the support and love...makes me feel like I have so much support behind me.
Unfortunately, we didn't get good news at the clinic today. Two out of the three RE's that work at my clinic were present for my ultrasound today....trying to figure out what is going on. They both decided that it was best to drain my abdomen. So, we are having my abdomen drained at 7am tomorrow morning. This wasn't an easy decision for the RE's because actually I don't have THAT much fluid in my abdomen...but I have a ton in my chest cavity.....scary levels in my chest cavity. The doctor who has been at this for 30+ years has only seen this happen one other time (most of the fluid in the chest,) and it was on a very petite girl...just like me. He said that for some reason all of the fluid accumulates in the chest cavity because there isn't a lot of space in the abdomen. But, by draining what is in my abdomen....the hope is that this will take some of the pressure off of my chest, or at least not make it worse because any fluid in my abdomen won't make its way to my chest.
I am hopeful that the draining will make me feel better. At least help me breathe better and help with the vertigo and dizziness. My oxygen level is very low. I can only stay vertical for a minute at a time. I am miserable and uncomfortable.
On other news, the 32 embryos carry on....I am so thankful that someone else is "babysitting" our 32 babies....lol! The RE that met with me today is the same one that did my retrieval, and he is still astonished by the number of eggs they retrieved. Like I said, he's been at this for 30+ years and 50 eggs is BY FAR his record for most eggs retrieved! So, there is a bit of silver lining in all of this. I have 32 beautiful embryos growing and I am going to get my body nice and healthy for our transfer in 8 weeks. The things I simply have to concentrate on....there is still so much to be thankful for.

10 comments:
Man oh man. We could be best friends. Concentrate on getting that body nice and healthy and I'll send lost of warm thoughts your way.
I'm hoping things take a turn - for both of us.
The OHSS sucks, as does having a body that makes all the fluid accumulate in your chest! I've actually performed the procedure you're having done tomorrow multiple times, and I've been told it's not actually that painful. And if you get relief, it won't be painful at all! I hope that it works.
And I love that you're able to be so miserable, and yet still focus on the bright side. 32 little embabies! That's awesome!
Praying for you that tomorrow helps! Awesome news about the embryos!
Hope the draining theory works luv. Hats of to any woman undergoing IVF. You girls are so brave and so so strong.
32 isn't a record, it's an absolute miracle! You could fill a whole daycare!
Take care xo
GREAT news about the embryos but I'm sorry to hear that you have to be drained! That sounds just awful!! Will be praying that this does the trick so you can recover quickly and be ready to get some babies on board.
oh man, i'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. i hope that you start feeling better soon!
Hang in there babe!!! I'm really sorry you feel so crummy but I'm glad the babies are growing so well!
You are going to feel SO MUCH BETTER after that drain. So much better! I had to be put on oxygen myself so i know the feeling. Good luck on your drain and a swift recovery to you!
Hope they can get the fluids under control. But thats great you have so many embryos to work with! Congrats. And best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Glad to hear your embies are doing awesome.
I hope the drain goes well tomorrow and you get feeling better!
Post a Comment