Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I am just beside myself.....

I don’t know if it’s the Lupron, PMS, the fact that DH is out of town, or all of that on top of the fact that I had hoped to be starting stims today but definitely am not, but I am pretty much a wreck! Still no sign of AF at all!!

I called the IVF nurses this morning, and one called me back a little bit ago and said I needed to come in for an ultrasound and blood work ASAP to find out what is going on. She said my cycle should have started by now, but that it is possible for the lupron to cause me to be late. So, I’m going in first thing in the morning tomorrow (they wanted me to come in today, but I am at work and don’t have my car since I take the bus into downtown,) for ultrasound and blood work. They’ll call me tomorrow afternoon to let my know if I should continue to wait for AF or if we can start stims without having a flow. I just want to get the show on the road! Today is CD 37! I've never had a cycle this long in my life!

On top of that, I took my wedding ring off in my cubicle so that I could put lotion on my hands. Right when I was rubbing the lotion in, my cell phone rang and it was the clinic. I answered it and then jumped up and ran to an empty office for privacy. When I got back, the ring was gone! I totally and completely freaked out....really?....NOW? Apparently, one of my co-workers came by my desk, saw the ring, and then put it under a bunch of folders so that it wasn't out in plain view. While I appreciate the thought behind it....it just wasn't a good idea.

7 comments:

Lori B. said...

That was nice of your coworker but I would have freaked too! Glad your clinic is getting you right in to see what's going on. Maybe they will let you start stimming and you just won't have another bleed. 10 months without a period instead of 9!! :-)

Nic said...

Pleased you are getting checked out. I sos frustrating that you have not been able to start yet. Hope you get to soon.
x

Anonymous said...

Sounds like with DH out of town you have no one to calm you down. I hope it all works out soon, like today, for you. Sounds like your clinic is very supportive too, which is great. Best wishes...

Liz said...

If it makes you feel any better, I am still waiting on AF too. I know you started Lupron a few days before me. When exactly did you start. The nurse at my clinic said it would be about 10 days from the start of Lupron to when I got my period. Cheer up, your moodiness probably means it is coming soon! Hopefully, right? I am interested to hear what they have to say to you tomorrow, let us know.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like with DH out of town you have no one to calm you down. I hope it all works out soon, like today, for you. Sounds like your clinic is very supportive too, which is great. Best wishes...

Marissa said...

Thanks for the comment. :) I really hated Lupron--it gave me headaches, nightmares, anxiety, and nausea. And while we're not 100% sure that Lupron was the cause, both times I tried a long Lupron protocol, I ended up with huge cysts, high e2 levels, and cancelled cycles. (My doctors think that I am very sensitive to the initial flare-up it causes.)

I'm glad your ring wasn't "vanished", and I hope you get your period soon!!

Stefanie Wolfaardt said...

Hi there,

I was wondering if you would be interested in the new post I added to my blog, please stop by and have a look

Thanks - Stefanie over at http://www.lifesjourney-stef.blogspot.com