Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 24, 2011

IVF #1 CD 11 "Retrieval Day: Go BIG or Go HOME! 50 Eggs!!!!"

Well, I am back from my retrieval and recently got up from my nap. I won't keep you all waiting....they got a whopping 50 eggs! Yes, you read that correctly.....anyone ever heard of someone getting 50 eggs in one cycle?!?!? LOL! Probably not! My clinic said their record is 54....so they all thought this was pretty cool!

I too think this is pretty cool....but my ovaries do not....I am sore!!! I am so thankful they are shutting my ovaries down, because I know OHSS would be so bad and I'd be in no place for a transfer in 5 days. My body feels like it's been run over by a truck!

The morning went well. It only took them 2 times to get the IV in..yay! DH gave his sample with no problems, and then after we left the clinic....he bought me a Santiago burrito (my favorite...hahaha!) I guess I was pretty funny when I first woke up from anesthesia and asked at least 5 times "how many?!" I don't remember asking even once!!! I do remember telling the nurse that the peanut butter crackers she gave me were "the best crackers I'd ever eaten!" I am doing good, I just need a few days to recoup and give my body some time to "come down" from all this.

The embryologists are going to call with our fertilization report (this is when they tell us how many are mature, how many fertilized, how many are starting to divide and grow) tomorrow morning. But, they seemed to think we'll have PLENTY of mature ones to work with, so I'm not going to worry about it. All will be frozen for sure....I've already started the meds to shut everything down. My babies will be on ice for 8 weeks!

Your guys' outpouring of love and support has been amazing. Your messages mean so much to me....I am reading them and smiling at all of your sweet comments of support. Now, back to resting before DH catches me on my laptop!

17 comments:

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

WOW... Insane!!! I though my 29 eggs was impressive! You take the cake, girl! Good job! Now drink that Gaterade and get lots of rest :)

kkasun said...

Wow, that is crazy!!!! You should be all set for two months from now.

Lori B. said...

50 eggs!!! That is unbelievable! You will definitely get a lot of good embryos from that. I hope you get some good rest these next few days.

Cori said...

WOW! That is incredible. Hoping you get great news on the fertilization report. Now go rest:)

elephantscanremember said...

Wow. I have never heard of that many! I hope you get even better news tomorrow and the time between now and transfer flies by.

Liz said...

That is crazy!! You are an egg producing machine! Can't wait to hear the update on how the fertilization goes. Rest up and feel better.

Elaine VanDRiver said...

HOLY MOLEY! My first ivf we had 38, and I thought that was good. But 50! You are a rock star! Sending you good vibes for this cycle!! Happy ICLW!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! 50 eggs, you are a machine :)
Sending good vibes your way

clewis said...

wow....wow.... Well im sure you will have heaps and heaps to freeze. are they still not letting you go ahead with transfer this cycle?

Miss Mac said...

Wow, you hit the egg retrieval jackpot! Rest time well earned... :]

Amy said...

Overachiever!
I'm relieved the retrieval went so well for you. Can't wait to hear the fert report!

The C's said...

Wow! That's incredible. I'm sorry to hear you cycle was canceled. Take care & get lots of rest for next cycle!
The C's
ICLW #161

Annie said...

I've never heard of anyone getting 50 eggs. Hopefully this means you'll be able to have all the kids you want and you'll NEVER have to do IVF again!

ousoonerchick said...

50! WOW!!! Silver lining if first time doesn't work you have lots to work with. Can't wait to check in tomorrow for the report!

Kristen said...

Congrats! That's wonderful! Rest and feel better...

Cherbear said...

my goodness! If that doesn't ease someone's mind I don't know what would. LOL

I only got 1/5 of that amount and only 6 were decently matured...so can you tell me your secret? LOL

Brigette Modglin said...

Hi Krista,

I wanted to let you know that I have been reading your blog every couple days. Jay and I are thinking about you and please let us know if you need anything.

Brigette & Jay