Well, it's been a bit of an emotional morning, but I think all is okay now. I got up early (on a Saturday, mind you) and drove down to the far away south office (closer north office is not open on weekends,) and had our baseline ultrasound and blood work check. While the tech was performing my ultrasound, she said my right ovary looked okay (just millions of antral follicles...so many she couldn't even count them!,) but my left ovary not only also had millions of antral follicles, but also had a VERY large cyst! I didn't ask how big because I was too much in shock when I saw that huge thing on the screen, but it was the largest one I've ever seen...and I've seen a lot of doozies on that ultrasound screen!
At that point she didn't say much except that a nurse would be in shortly to talk to me. After about 10 mins, the nurse came in and told me that she had spoken to the doctor (not mine, but the one there today) and basically said that things didn't look good for this cycle because the cyst was so large, but that they would call me later today to let me know for sure, after they got the results of my blood work. I was still in shock and barely made it out of the room. I still had to go to the lab and get my blood checked too...luckily that went off without any issues.
It was a tough drive home....which I don't remember much about. I just sat there, driving, didn't turn the radio on or anything. I did call DH to tell him the bad news. Once I got home, I felt like I didn't know what to do with myself, my DH was trying to cheer me up, but I was doom and gloom! About an hour later the nurse called with the best news EVER! My E2 level was only a 22! This means that the cyst is not producing any E2, therefore not active, which means we can still go through with this cycle! I was completely shocked! After seeing the size of that cyst on the screen, I thought for sure there was no way that was not an active cyst! But, I really lucked out on this one!
So, tomorrow morning we'll start our first shot. I'll do the menopur injections in the morning, the follistim injections in the evening (and will continue the lupron injection.) Our next ultrasound and blood check will be this Wednesday, the 19th. Please start praying that my follicles start growing! On Wednesday they'll be checking my initial response to the meds....we need follicles, and also to see that nasty cyst shrink! Please please please!!!

10 comments:
Oh my gosh! I was totally ready for you to say you had to sit this cycle out! Thank goodness all is good to go! GL tomorrow :)
So relieved that you are able to go ahead with this cycle! Sending all good wishes your way!
Yay, great news! Good luck!!!
Go follicles and go away cyst! Glad everything is still proceeding... good luck!!!
That's so good to hear that they didn't cancel your cycle. I do know how you must have felt before hearing the good news, as I was told that they will be canceling my cycle after over a week of stimulation - needless to say, I don't remember much (just crying) until I got a phone call that we were ok to proceed. I am really hoping that at the next u/s you will only be seeing lots of good mature follicles (not too much to cause OHSS) and NO cyst! Good luck!!!
That's great news! I am so happy for you that you'll still be able to cycle.
Sorry your day has been so emotionally draining, but I'm glad you got the thumb's up to move forward! :-) I am crossing my fingers for you!
Thanks for all of the wonderful encouragement! It means SO much to me!!!
I know how you feel about the cyst scare. So pleased you have been given the all clear!
I hope your follies grow for wednesday!
x
Good luck on the stims, let us all know how it goes. Sounds like you had a crappy afternoon but that it all worked out. I am still waiting and starting to feel really frustrated like you were. Hurry up already, let's get this show on the road! I am on day 34 of my cycle today and feel like there is SO MUCH waiting in this whole process...so frustrating. I guess I'm not feeling very patient these days. You waited 13 days, right?
Post a Comment