As I keep saying....IVF is not for the weak or faint of heart. The metformin is continually making me slightly nauseous throughout the day....even though I am still only taking one dose (I tried again to take a dose and a half and think that is why I got sick on Saturday, so now I am down to one dose again…I just can’t win with this stuff!) The lupron is still giving me hot flashes, a constant headache and low energy. The hormones are already making me tired and low energy. I'm always exhausted, but for some reason I can't sleep (too much on my mind, I just toss and turn all night.) Plus, I can smell EVERYTHING! Is this a side-effect of the meds? I keep asking my poor husband if he brushed his teeth because I just keep smelling his breath! I keep asking him if he ate onions and peppers all day long! It also smells like stinky feet in my office today, but my co-workers don’t smell a darn thing! I am going crazy!
On top of all of that I am not allowed to exercise like I usually do. My doctor gave me strict restrictions on exercise, basically I can only do short walks. This is because once you start the stimulation meds, your ovaries start swelling up and that can cause your ovaries to tip over....an emergency that would need immediate surgery. So, basically nothing except for walking.
Even if I could exercise it's the last thing I want to do since I am nauseous, have a headache, hot flashes, low energy, and every smell is making me gag! I am like a lump on a log!
Yay Me!


7 comments:
The 'too much on your mind' thing (besides the fact that there IS so much on your mind- it's IVF for goodness sakes!) could actually be the Lupron. Whenever I'm on it I tend to get very nervous, my mind would start turning almost like a minor panic attack, when I lay down to try and sleep at night. It's a lovely drug. *rolls eyes*
Hopefully the symptoms start to die down after a few days (they did with me, though they never went away)...
Good luck!!!
Man, I'm sorry you're feeling so terrible. I think a massage is in order- Get thee to a Spa!
Are you doing acupuncture? If not you might want to think about, it's been incredibly helpful to me and they can help with your headaches.
Thinking of you!
I know exactly how you feel!!
Hopefully it will all be worth it!
Hope your follies are growing and u feel better soon
X
Hate that you are feeling so crappy. I hope you start to see the light at the end of the nauseous tunnel soon.
Maybe to calm your nerves and fix your headache, you could smell your dog. :-) Works for me.
Thanks for the comment on that super gross post of mine, btw! :-)
Oh dear, hope you feel better soon.
So sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad, but hopefully it means that the drugs are working and you'll have many mature follicles, and it is all going to be worth it at the end.
Lupron is killing me! Your symptoms line up with exactly how I feel right now. I am heading in for Acupunture to hope that makes me feel better. I hope you find a way to comfort yourself!
Post a Comment