Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 30, 2011

IVF #1 CD 16 "The babes are all frozen!"

Well, I am hoping we've finally turned a corner on my health. I had an appointment at the clinic this morning and they did not see any additional fluid accumulation in my abdomen and chest. The same fluid is there that was there 2 days ago (what they didn't drain off) but nothing additional! Yay! I did put on a few more pounds since my Friday appointment. I usually weigh 104/105 pounds. On Friday, I weighed 108, and today I weighed 112 pounds.  So, I have about 8 pounds of fluid inside my body that shouldn't be there. I thought FOR SURE they were going to drain me, but the doctor said she didn't see any need to drain me again....which I was VERY thankful about!

I must be a rarity at the clinic because on Thursday and Friday 2 out of the 3 docs were in the room deciding what to do with me and then for the actual procedure too (along with 2 nurses and u/s tech.) Then today....only 1 of the doctors was there, but 3 additional nurses filed in after her along with the u/s tech. My poor husband is squished up against the wall in a tiny (hot!) room with 6 women....one of which is naked (good thing that one is his wife!) As they were all filing in I waved my hands in the air and yelled "WELCOME!!" Hahaha! I'm sure this is so out of the ordinary for them. My main nurse (Claudia) told me that this happens maybe once a year! Oh....to be so special!

I am still having a difficult time breathing, but I am hoping that that will continue to improve, and that I'll feel like myself again within a few days. I have to go back on Tuesday for another check, but I think things are going to look better. I have strict orders to drink lots of fluid, eat as much protein as I can, and continue bed rest (with feet up.) I'm getting pretty bored....but my energy level is still so low that I couldn't do anything even if I wanted to! I am SO ready to feel well again!

On embryo news, we found out today that they froze SEVEN perfect embryos! We are VERY happen with that! It's hard to believe that we started with 50 eggs, and ended up with only 7 embryos. But, they are 100% AA PERFECT embryos!! They don't get any better....so I have no idea why we would need more than 7....LOL! We are still trying to figure out how many we'll transfer in 6 weeks. We always thought we'd transfer 2, but now that we know they are "perfect" and that our chance for twins is extremely high....we'll have some discussing to do. We'd be thrilled for twins, but we do worry about their health as well as mine, so we have some discussing and research to do before we ultimately make the decision. And, I'll probably leave it as a surprise....since that is the one and only thing I CAN keep to myself. Everything else is pretty much out there! The weird part is that everything has been decided about our embryos....their sex, their hair color, eye color, who they look like....everything!!! That is so weird to think about!!! We can hardly wait the 8 weeks for them to "come home!"

11 comments:

Ants said...

That's fantastic Krista- 7 perfect embryos is a great effort! We went from 20 eggs to 2 embryos-it's funny how it works huh!
Glad to hear you're feeling a little better, and good on you for keeping your choice of how many embryos to yourself-it's nice to get a little control back sometimes in this journey, when everything else is so much out in the open.
xo

The C's said...

Wow! Possibility for Twins! That's some great news!
Droppinb by to let you know that I have awarded you a Blog Award. Take a peek at my blog post called: - I LOVE THESE BLOGS AWARD - when you get a chance! =)
The C's

Nic said...

Pleased you do not have to be drained again!
Pleased that you have 7 frosties! Great news
x

kkasun said...

7 perfect embies is sooo amazing! Can't wait until the transfer!!!

Anonymous said...

That is brilliant News Krista! Decision to transfer 2 is huge! A girl I went to school with is 35 and having triplets, her first, or should I say first 3. I have no knowledge of how she got 3, but she has wanted kids since she was a kid, so I suspect she has had a rough road to get preg. And I'm sure she didn't ask for 3. And I have no idea why I just wrote all that!! Ha ha..

Thanx sooooo much for my award too. I love your blog and excited to follow your first ivf.

ousoonerchick said...

YAY for 7 babies!!!! WOW! I'm so excited for you on that front and bummed you still feel crummy. I hope you feel better soon!!

A. said...

Awesome news again today about the embryos!!! I am so glad to hear that you are on the mend.

Cherbear said...

that's why they say "I don't know how anyone gets pregnant by just doing the deed!" but still, 7 is great!!!!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Forget best friends, I'm your evil twin.

Our Day 5 transfer didn't happen today thanks to OHSS and we have to wait at least 8 weeks.

We should get an award for going through this stuff.

Krista said...

Your guys' support makes me want to cry...maybe I'm just emotional today...

Bird said...

perfect AA's!! Fantastic!! You are tiny like me... so just thinking about carrying two REALLY is a big thought. I'm worried about gettin put on bed rest for months. But who's to say you wont transfer one that spilts into twins anyway. lol These things happen. God knows the plans he has for you. :)