Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Just Waiting......

This is the first time in the past 2+ years that I am actually waiting (and excited!) for AF to arrive. As soon as she arrives we can start our IVF cycle, so I am VERY anxious! I am thinking AF should be here by Wednesday....I'm just hoping this isn't one of those cycles that is REALLY long!

The DH is out of town this week, so I'll be going to my baseline ultrasound without him. More than likely, I'll also be starting the stimulation shots without him too. I was a bit worried about that, but I am pretty sure that I'll be fine. I scheduled a massage for Friday to help relax me, I am really looking forward to that!

We got a HUGE snowstorm in Colorado today. DH flew out to...of all places, Arizona! URGH! He calls me and tells me that it is HOT down there....that is not what I want to hear right now! While my sweet dog and I are stuck in COLD Colorado! It is 18 degrees outside now, supposed to drop to below zero temps and the snow is supposed to continue through tomorrow! Egads!!! Going to be an interesting day tomorrow. I just hope we don't get any big snow storms in for our retrieval or transfer day! I didn't think about that when we started planning to do our IVF in January! I guess we'll just have to play it day by day and not start worrying prematurely.

On other news, I finally started feeling the Lupron side-effects....hot flashes, headaches and just a bit fatigued. It's nothing I can't manage, but now I know what going through menopause feels like! Yippee!!! I sure hope that we only have to do this once!


Will update when I get my big "visit" this week!

6 comments:

ousoonerchick said...

AF is due for my Thursday, unlike you I want it to stay far far away!!! I don't wanna do the u/s or clmoid one last time. Even though moneys tight I almost just wanna say lets just skip this month to move on to IUI already.

Hang in there babe!!!!!

clewis said...

hope it comes very soon. im also over the waiting. time to get a move on. not too long for you now.

Lori B. said...

Isn't it funny that this whole baby making process (waiting on AF, waiting to ovulate, 2ww) is all about waiting? If you are like me patience is not something I possess. It seems like IVF has a lot more waiting involved too than just any other cycle. Here's to hoping we can stay preoccupied during these times!!

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

Ugh... waiting is the worst part of the whole process! I thought once we got PG we would be out of the woods with that, but it continues... Beta #1, Beta #2, ultrasound 1, ultrasound 2, etc. It goes on and on.

I can't wait for you to start! I'm looking forward to you getting your miracle! :)

Melissa G said...

Hey, thanks so much for your comment on my blog!

Part of this process feels so counterintuitive: BCP's, happily awaiting AF... Who would've thought?

Wishing you tons of luck!

Chon said...

thanks for the comments on my blog!! IVF is just around the corner how exciting :) I am about to ovulate and can't wait for the next 14 days to zip past so that I can start round 2. Good luck :)