First of all, I want to thank everyone for the nice comments, emails, messages, etc. over the past few days. I know I haven't had the time to respond to them yet....I apologize. Please know that I am getting them and that I appreciate them. Right now, I am just trying to keep my head above water, and the best I can do is update this blog right now. This is helping me not only get the information out to all of you, but is also helping me deal with all of this craziness! Thank you all so much for reading and keeping up with me, but mostly for all the support, messages and comments....I am reading them and appreciate them a lot.
I'm going to tell you about my day but you probably won't believe it.....
So, last night I got NO SLEEP! I went to bed at 8:30 and was awake all night! My husband was trying to calm me down all night....but it just wasn't happening. My brain was moving so fast, my ovaries hurt, I had a headache, I was nausea...I felt horrible. It was snowing so I was paranoid about having to drive into south denver for my 8am appointment. Plus, I had to give a presentation today at a conference which I was paranoid about (I'm an auditor...not a public speaker!)
I got up at 5:30am after laying in bed (miserable) for 9 hours trying to fall asleep. I left the house at 6:30 and got down to the south denver office right at 8am. The U/S went okay....there seemed to be a few less follicles (maybe 45...down from 50,) and they were A LOT bigger! They went from 6-10 millimeters to 8-12 millimeters in one day. I got my B/W done and was off to my conference!
The conference went fine but I was exhausted all day....my heart was racing, my brain was foggy, I felt nauseous...just didn't feel good. I got through the conference and gave my presentation at about 3pm. So glad to have that behind me! I left there at 3:30 and had to stop in downtown denver to pick up our dog from daycare. I couldn't wait to get home! I got home at 4:30 and immediately striped my work clothes off. As I was doing that my cell phone rang....
Oh yeah....I still hadn't heard from my IVF nurse to find out my dosaging instructions. So....she tells me that my E2 levels have DOUBLED since yesterday! All the way up to F'ing 2700! I'm threatening to cancel this cycle....anything above 4000 gets into the dangerous levels. Basically, I have too many follicles, that have grown too quickly, are giving off too many estrogen, and the eggs inside the follicles probably aren't mature yet because of the too fast growth of the follicles. Get this...
She tells me that I have to STOP all stimulation drugs and the lupron and start a different drug called, ganirelix. Ganirelex is supposed to help slow the follicle growth and help with the high levels of estrogen, while giving the eggs time to mature and catch up. THEN, she tells me I have to start the ganirelix tonight and the ONLY pharmacy in Denver that carries it is in F'ing South Denver!!! Ummm.....yeah....I just f'ing got back from there! It's 4:35 and the pharmacy closes at 5:30. I jump in the car (no panties, no bra, no socks,) and drive me and my 50 follicles back down to f'ing south denver! I screeched into their parking lot right at 5:30 as they were pulling the gate down...I ran in!! I'm not kidding here folks!!! I thought I was going to have a break-down in the car! Then.....$500 bucks for 4 vials of this miracle medicine!
I got the damn ganirelix, just gave myself my first injection of it. I go back in tomorrow morning for another U/S and B/W check. I keep saying this....but I hope my E2 levels are down (or at least haven't doubled,) we need prayers!!! My ovaries are ON FUEGO!
Is it time to get off the ride yet?


9 comments:
I have used Ganirelix before for IVF#1 and worked great, I got my son that way. I am on IVF#2 and using Ganirelix again. It does slow down the E2. Hang in there, it is such a roller coaster ride! I am thinking about you, I start my stims on Saturday!
Oh wow! I hope you got some sleep last night after that mess of a day. I really hope the Ganirelix works for you!! Let us know what happens with BW/US today.
While I'm glad they put you on the ganirelix, they should have called you MUCH sooner than that!!!! That's ridiculous!
I'm sorry you had such an ordeal, but if you want to look at the bright side...I can't get ganirelix ANYWHERE AROUND HERE, so I would have been screwed in that situation. I know the drive sucked but I'm so glad it DID work out! And it's definitely gonna bring your levels down. :)
Here from ICLW! Wishing you lots of luck. I also used Ganirelix. I'm hoping your E2 levels calm down. Good luck!
Wow. I am amazed by your ability to inject yourself with crazy drugs and hormones and continue on with real life. Speaking at a conference when you're really concerned with your follicles?? That's a superhero talent. I hope everything calms down. Enjoy the much needed weekend!
AP
How incredibly frustrating to have your cycle in jeopardy because your body is responding TOO WELL! Grrrr! Hope that Ganirelix does the trick.
Oh my goodness. what a manic day!!! you should sleep well after all that! hope this new drug helps. when I did my 3 IUIs, my follicles grew so fast too. and my estrogen levels were through the roof. so hope that wont be the case again with ivf. I think thats why you have been feeling so bad. as I also reacted badly to drugs.
Your day (and night) gave me heart palpatations just reading about it!! Sleep well and have a great "coast"!
Your scary day reminded me of when my cycle almost got cancelled but I needed for my estrogen to go up :). I will be keeping you in my thoughts and hope that tomorrow will bring good news (after you'll have your well deserved good night sleep!) Sweet dreams!
Post a Comment