Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

IVF #1 CD 6 "Update"

Well, I got a call from my nurse late today, and I guess my estrogen levels are really really high. I didn't ask just how high (I was walking to my car in the snow, so couldn't ask a bunch of questions) but high enough that they don't want me to do the follistim injection tonight (to try and slow all of the many follicles down,) and I have to go back tomorrow morning for more B/W and another U/S. I don't know how bad this is, but I know it's not good. If my estrogen gets too high....the cycle WILL get canceled, it would just be too dangerous to proceed with trigger shot, and my egg quality would probably not be good. The faster and higher my estrogen levels go, the lesser quality eggs I have. This is all from the PCOS....I just have too many follicles in there. I am hoping my RE has dealt with this before and that everything will be okay, but I am being very cautious.

I am feeling very achy and tired right now, so I am hoping to go to bed shortly after I do my Lupron injection tonight. I have a conference all day tomorrow (and possibly Friday too) so I'll update as soon as I get near a computer again.

Please send positive thoughts to my ovaries and estrogen levels, and keep me in your prayers over the next few days. We still have a long road in front of us before we are ready for trigger and retrieval. It could really go either way at this point.

7 comments:

annie said...

Sending lots of positive thoughts to you ovaries!! It's so funny to type that; only acceptable in this blogging world. ;)

Cherbear said...

*~*~~***~~*~* That's my positive vibes comin' your way!!! It's all going to be okay....oh please Lord!!

Anonymous said...

Big heaps of positive thoughts heading your way :))

Rosachka said...

Krista, will be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts to you, your ovaries, to your follicles and estrogen levels - to slow down and get mature...
Hope you are staying strong and thinking positive, I know it is hard, been my self on the verge of a cycle being canceled.

Liz said...

This whole process seems so stressful. Thanks for the compliment on our new and old houses and your concern and nice comments. I really appreciate having someone else who TOTALLY UNDERSTANDS. I wish you the best of luck and that your levels start to lower and you can continue with this cycle. How much Gonal-F having you been taking? I am thinking positive and that your ovaries just needed a night off! Let us know how it all goes and good luck : )

To Those Who Wait said...

Sending you positive vibes that things turn around and you are able to move forward with this cycle. What a roller coaster for sure.

Unknown said...

Thinking good thoughts about you and those ovaries! Slow and steady wins the race, ovaries.