Yes, I am calling my ovarian cyst “the witch!” But, it really doesn’t matter because SHE’S GONE! I had my CD 6 U/S this morning and everything appears to be looking good (as good as major polycystic ovaries can possibly look.) The best thing was that the tech could not find the witch on the left ovary, so she thinks it has dissolved! Yippee!! I could barely sleep last night thinking about that cyst and if it was going to cancel this cycle. It took her a good 20 minutes to count up all of the follicles and measure them. My thighs were shaking like a couple of leaves in the wind! They are still shaking…I just can’t get calm! I had 27 follicles on the right ovary and 22 on the left. All were measuring between 6 and 10 millimeters, which is where they should be at this point. I got my B/W done, and will hear back later today from the nurses on that. Hopefully that is good news too!
I spoke with one of the nurses after my U/S and she said that Dr. Bush may decide to slow down my stims after they see me again on Friday. We definitely do not want all of these 49 follicles to mature…I’d be in a world of hurt! They would like to try and get a good 10 to mature, this will give a better result for quality eggs. We want quality over quantity, but enough that we have a nice amount to work with. I’ll have another U/S and B/W check on Friday, then again on Sunday, then again on Monday. And THEN….possible trigger on Monday night for retrieval on WEDNESDAY! I can’t believe how fast this is all happening! It’s so surreal! That is tentative and could easily change between now and then, but she said based on what my ovaries look like now that is probably the best estimate. My head is spinning!
On other news, we paid the flat fee today. That is also freaking me out. It was $26k. Whoosh....out of our account of hard earned money. I’m trying not to think about it too much….but it’s there, you just can’t help it. I know it will be worth it in the end, but it’s definitely a tough pill to swallow.
I knew going into this that this would be the biggest and fastest rollercoaster of my life, but I had no idea…… This process is all-consuming. In my dreams I had hoped once we started IVF that everything would go smoothly…no cysts, injections would be easy with not a ton of horrible side-effects, a nice amount of mature follicles to work with, great hormone counts, an easy retrieval, that the eggs would fertilize and become nice blastocysts on day 5, and that we’d transfer two perfect blasts. This process is not like that at all… you go from your lowest low to your highest high within the span of an hour, you cry (for joy or sadness) at the drop of a hat…anything can cause it, you pray, you hope, you wait, you pray some more and then wait again, nothing else matters….it is too intense for anything else….physically, mentally and emotionally….I am spent!
We still have a ways to go, but at least I feel like we are on the right track. Will update again after appointment on Friday!

4 comments:
I'm so happy the witch has vacated the premises!! Can't wait to hear how your appointment goes on Friday :)
Krista, big congratulations on having the cyst disappear, and having lots of follicles to work with!!! Hope that the best 10-15 will mature, and you will have the most perfect blasts transferred on day 5 and a couple of more frozen for later. Good Luck!!! Will be waiting for more good news on Friday!
wow, you have heaps of follicles. hope you get a good mature amount. All sounds full on. im days away from starting.getting bit nervous.
I have to say that (having gone through one IVF) you described the process PERFECTLY....sooo many ups and downs!
Post a Comment