I'm not sure how much of this to put on my blog...not sure how much is TMI to put up on the internet, but want to let everyone know what is going on, plus this is part of my personal journey. So, here goes!
I woke up in the middle of the night with severe abdominal cramping. I didn't know what to do...never experienced pain like that before. I ended up in the bathroom with horrible "big D." I honestly thought I was going to die because I kept blacking out...I was on the floor, on the toilet, then back on the floor again....for hours. I almost had my DH call an ambulance.
I managed to get a few hours' sleep before dragging myself out of bed (and running right into the wall because my equilibrium is completely off.) I was so sick while DH drove us down to the clinic...an hour away. We showed up at 6:45 and they immediately starting running tests. The two doctors then drained my abdomen, which was such a horrible experience. I was in so much pain that I kept passing out, and they finally had to stop without getting all of the fluid. However, they did manage to get a quite a bit of it out of my abdomen (about a liter,) so I suppose that is a good thing.
Turns out that I was severely dehydrated (which seems strange, but the fluid in my body is in the WRONG places!). So, I ended up having to stick around and get stabilized with 3 bags of IV fluid, along with nausea and pain meds intravenously. After a few hours, they manged to get my oxygen levels, pulse and blood pressure stable. Hallelujah!
They ran a blood panel and some other blood testing (kidney, liver, etc.) and they came back "off," but that is to be expected with everything, so they'll continue to monitor my levels. They are going to give me a day to rest and then I'll have to go back on Sunday to get everything re-checked and possibly get drained again (please no!)
I am feeling a bit better today. No more blacking out and passing out, the breathing is a bit better but I am definitely looking forward to the fluid making its way out of my chest, my abdomen feels better too and I was able to eat some actual food today...the first time since Tuesday. Yay! The nausea has come back a bit after the medicine has now made its way out of my system. But, DH is going to head to the store here soon to pick up my nausea script.
I think that is all to report for now. Probably enough for now...hahaha! I'm hanging in there...thanks for all the support and nice comments!

16 comments:
Hang in there! I hope all the fluid dissipates soon and you start to feel better. Sounds awful, I am so sorry you have had to go through all this!
Also, on another note, you do COmpliance in CO? I am fundraiser for candidates here in NC. We should chat sometime!
What an ordeal! I hope you feel better soon! Good luck with your IVF!
Here from ICLW, this sounds awful! I hope you are feeling better. Hugs.
Wow, so sorry you are going through all this. How scary! Hope things continue to get better for you. Hang in there!
Oh, my. I hope you are on the mend soon and get a lot of rest this weekend, so sorry!
How bizarre to be drained and then afterwards given lots of fluid by IV! Well, I hope your IVF cycle will in time yield such great joy for you that this horrible time will seem such a small price to pay.
Oh hunny! That sounds horrible. I'm sorry your having such a rough go of it. Hang in there.
Thanks for keeping us updated! Hope it gets better by the minute. Quite ironic that you are being drained and also dehydrated! Take care xo
im still following you every day. you are doing well and it will all be over soon.x
Oh love you have certainly been through the wringer these past few days, thinking of you and sending lots of 'get well soon' vibes your way, what an awful experience for you, I'm glad you are feeling a little better todayxo
Oh my, you are having a terrible time. I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts. Get well soon. X
Oh wow! Blacking out from pain? That sounds like some awful pain. It's so terrible that you went through that. hope you are experiencing relief today. hope the draining worked!
even though i don't have OHSS< i still found it quite painful/challenging to take a "big D" for the first few days after retrieval. this process sure is brutal on the body, huh? hope you make progress each day. and thanks for the award!!
(hugs) I am so sorry you've had to endure so much! I hope you are on the mend now.
Hoping you will feel better in no time now. Big hug...
Oh my gosh! I totally missed this post! I did not know you were blacking out from dehydration. Is OHSS not thee WORST thing ever??
Post a Comment