Okay, I’m starting to get slightly frustrated here. I thought for SURE AF would have paid me a visit by now and that I’d be starting stims tomorrow or Friday. I counted today, and I am on day 36 of my cycle! My cycle has NEVER been this long! Granted, I did ovulate a bit late this month (I was thinking probably around CD 20 or 21,) which would put AF’s arrival 14 days later (I ALWAYS get AF exactly 14 days after ovulation.) So, that means I should have gotten the visit CD 34 or 35! I am on day 36 and not even some spotting! I just can’t believe it. I have been feeling a bit PMSy all week….some slight cramping, a small headache (though that’s probably from the lupron,) a bit cranky, etc. I just can’t believe there is no AF yet!!
Have any of you ever experienced this? I know most of you were on BC before your IVF cycle, so probably not. But, is there anyone out there who didn’t get an AF visit once they started Lupron? I’m getting upset that my RE didn’t put me on BCP so that we’d know and could plan for the AF visit and the starting of the stims. I’m so anxious to get the show on the road! I didn’t think I’d already be having issues even before I started stimming! I don’t know if I should call he IVF nurse or wait it out and see if I get my visit. If I don’t get AF by Saturday then I am worried I started the Lupron before I ovulated, and that’s really not good. But then, I’ve never ovulated after CD 25, because I’ve NEVER had a cycle this long before!
Help!
Update: I just found this thread post. It looks like many girls have this issue with Lupron. They are saying it is normal for AF to be super late (up to a week!) while taking Lupron!! Grrrrrrrr....... I am SO ready to start! I have to wait another WEEK?!?!? W-T-F!!!
http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/vitro-fertilization-ivf/2020176138-long-lupron-without-bcp-late-af.html

3 comments:
AF always messes things up! Thanks for sharing the info, esp. helpful for those who are about to start the process.
Hoping AF will pay a visit pretty soon, I know how hard it is to wait especially if you are so eager to begin. My AF also was late before we started IVF (although I did not use Lupron). Good luck!
So frustrating! I did have that when I was waiting to start my frozen cycle and I am never late. I hate this limbo. Hope AF comes soon. It's funny how this is the only time we want the witch to show and she's late!
X
Post a Comment