Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

IVF #1 CD 13 "The Good and The Bad"

The OHSS started feeling slightly worse yesterday afternoon. I guess it was impossible to avoid it. I started feeling super bloated and uncomfortable from all of the water retention. It feels like when you eat WAY too much and you are super full and uncomfortable, only with this...nothing helps alleviate the bloat! You are just miserable and uncomfortable and have to wait it out. We had a tough night last night with lots of vomiting...booooo!!!! DH was VERY worried and kept reading the OHSS symptoms to see if we needed to go the hospital. He was making me get on the scale to see if I'd put on too much water weight...I haven't! It is just moderate OHSS...so no hospital visits. Just bloated and nauseous this morning. I hope it doesn't last because this is just plain miserable! Please keep me in your prayers that this passes quickly!

I continued the ganirelix injections yesterday and then started the lovenex (blood thinner) injection. I decided to start doing the injections in my thighs since my tummy is so bruised up...I needed a change! The lovenex was fine during the injection, but started stinging a few minutes later...like a bee sting. Oh, how I can't wait to do this every night for the next two weeks! Not! I'm so ready to have my body back and be able to get around like normal, not feel so nauseous, and not be sticking myself with anything!

The embryologist called this morning and out of our 32 eggs that fertilized, ALL 32 have continued to divide normally!!! We are amazed that so many have made it this far...we are in complete shock...never in a million years did we think our response would be this great! This good news is what is helping get me through this difficult stuff....I would go through it all over again!! Grow embryos grow!!!!

Everyone keeps asking me what I did to grow 50 eggs in my tiny 105 pound body! I wish I had some secret potion I could give to you all.....lol! I don't get all this...at all! I feel like such a fertile myrtle....so why if I am THIS fertile am I still not pregnant?! This whole fertility thing makes absolutely no sense to me at all! I wish there was some secret behind all of this...I wish I could tell all you girls what I did to grow 50 eggs in one stinkin cycle! I would have been thrilled with 20, or even 10! What am I going to do with all of these embryos? I just don't have the answers right now....I guess I don't immediately need to, but eventually...I will.

Trying to explain this whole thing to your 54 year old mother is very interesting. I told her that we are going to be freezing all of my embryos and she said "it seems weird that they are going to freeze them, don't they need to stay warm?!" Uhhhhhh.......yeah, okay, let's try this again, Mom. I guess she's already thinking about the safety of her grandchildren....lol!

13 comments:

ousoonerchick said...

Thats funny! Thats super excited that they are growing normal! YAY!!! How long do eggs last? I guess that could give you several trys and several babies for years to come...if you have the money to do FET that many times. What do you do though? Would you want to donate them and pretty much give somebody else your baby on the other hand can you just throw them away?? TTC sucks!

Melissa G said...

Sorry to hear about the OHSS. A friend of mine who had it was only allowed one bottle of gatorade per day until it stabilized. That sucks.

Glad to hear your embies are doing so great though!

Nic said...

Amazing news about your embryo's! I am sorry you are still bloated and sick. Must be awful.
Hope you feel better soon

Krista said...

Embryos can last up to decades in a proper cryopreservation environment. There is some great information out there if you google it. We really only need two of these embryos though. We plan to transfer 2 with my March cycle and hopefully get our twins and be done! It sounds like we'll have a lot still in the freezer after that so we'll either donate them to science or donate them to another couple (embryo adoption.) Either way...we have a lot of think about and a lot to come to terms with before the decision is ultimately made.

Amy said...

Sweet mother. Super awesome news about all the embies!
I'm sorry to hear your feeling worse. Sounds like at 105 lbs, you can afford to gain a few pounds but, bloating is not the way to do it. :) I hope you feel better soon!

Kathleen said...

holy cow! your ovaries rock! i'm sorry about OHSS. blech. and the vomiting. that sucks. i hope that they can prevent you from being in the hospital with the ganirelix and lenovox. but so happy that all of your eggs are dividing normally. we're liking doing a freeze-all too but for a different reason than yours. hoping everything goes wel. thanks for stopping by my blog! happy ICLW.

RaisingCain said...

I was one of those shocked individuals when I saw 50 eggs retrieved. You are super human!

apluseffort said...

Hi, I'm here for ICLW. 32 is awesome! Hoping for the best for your cycle! -ICLW #85

Ants said...

That's amazing Krista, well done!And yes it's funny when we have to explain all of this stuff to our mothers-it's all a bit foreign for them I think!
By the way I have given you an award-check it out on my blog :)

Annie said...

Those numbers are stunning! Congrats and hope you're starting to feel better.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe all 32 are still going!!! Take it easy! You have alot of support here xo

Anonymous said...

Please check out my blog
http://iwannabepreggo.blogspot.com/
I left you an award!!!

Bird said...

I hope your drinking tons of fluid. And your OHSS is VERY short lived. Do you know when you are going to FET?