Well, we went in for another U/S this morning. Unfortunately, we still have at least 50 follicles in there....all between about 13 and 20 millimeters....with about 15 "lead follicles."
Dr. Bush is not comfortable going through with the transfer this cycle. Basically, I WILL get OHSS (there are just too many follicles and my estrogen is just too high.) It is not safe for me or the embryos to transfer them this cycle. If we were to transfer embryos into an OHSS environment, the embryos will make the OHSS worse and my body basically becomes toxic. So, in order to keep me safe, Dr. Bush will immediately start shutting down my ovaries and hormones after retrieval tomorrow morning to keep OHSS at a minimum. If we get some good embryos out of this cycle, they will all be frozen (on Saturday or Sunday after dividing in the lab,) and will be transferred after two cycles (so end of March,) after giving my body some time to level out and normalize.
Of course, I am super bummed about this. I've come so far, and was hoping to be pregnant in 2 weeks....now we have to wait 2 months. I know this is safer for my own health, and I know the embryos have a better chance of implanting and thriving in a healthier environment, but it is still tough.
I'm really nervous about what the next 2 days hold, so please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.
P.S It feels like I am carrying around two large boulders in my abdomen, I can barely get off the couch. Plus I'm nauseous and just plain emotional.

19 comments:
Wow - with my pathetic 5 follicles I am feeling a bit uncomfortable - with 50 I can't even imagine how you must be feeling! Can you see those suckers from the outside? :P
I'm so sorry to hear they're going to put you on hold and freeze the embies. I know it's the best for you but yeah - havintg to wait is so hard! I do hope you get some really great embies out of that mother-load though and never have to stim again. Also - fingers crossed for you that the OHSS isn't too bad.
OMG...You are going to have a lot of mature eggs! That is so good.
You don't want OHSS, it is pretty nasty stuff, so I have heard. I think freezing and waiting (while it is agony) is the best option. Hang in there! Good luck with your retrival, can't wait to hear how it goes.
FET are so much easier than fresh. You will see that this is really for the best.
Just concentrate on healing. Take the water restriction seriously. If you can't breathe or gain more than 2 lbs in one day, call the doctor.
I hope all goes well with the retrival and will be sending you lots of positive thoughts!
We are in the same boat. I'll find out tomorrow what that means for us but in the meantime...I'll keep us both in my thoughts and prayers.
Bummer. (but necessary)
I'm sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for. I hope the next two days turn out well and that the next two months fly by.
Oh Krista I'm so sorry. I really hope that you get lots of good embies from all this. Good luck tomorrow.
I'm so sorry Krista, I can completely understand how you feel as this is what happened to me in my first IVF cycle in December, we are still waiting for our FET which should be next cycle.
I know it feels really really frustrating to have to wait and not be able to just complete what you've started, hang in there love, and use the time you have to wait to get your body and mind ready for one of those embryos.
Sending lots of positive thoughts your way and hope you get some great fertilisation results,
Stay strong xoxo
Krista, the same happened to an e- friend of mine, she made peace with the decision not to transfer by reading all the nasty things about OHSS. In 2 months your healthy body will be the best place for your little embies. Hoping you will get OHSS under control quickly and that the next 2 months would just fly by.
I Will be thinking of you! So sorry you have to wait but I am hoping time flies and the FET is a breeze for you!
Oh, bummer! I'm so sorry you have to wait. I know it must be agonizing having looked forward to this for so long...but just try to look at it this way. You've got a TON of eggs, and that means probably a LOT of great little embryos waiting for you. Once your body is in the perfect place, then you can do the FET. And you will have a much better chance than if you did it now with the probably OHSS. Hang in the sweetie!!
good luck tomorrow. and I bet you will end up with lots of good embryos to freeze. that will be great and FET is nice and simple, so ive heard
Oh no, I'm so sorry. So frustrating. It is the right thing to do for your health but still not what you wanted. Everyone is right, a frozen embryo transfer is a lot easier, less drugs.
I really hope these next 2 days go ok and the 2 months fly by. X
(hugs) I am sorry it's come to this. I hope your body bounces back very quickly and you can transfer soon.
Thinking of you! I'm sorry this has not turned out the way you have planned, but that seems to be the way things go in this wonderful world of TTC. I hope and pray that the ER goes well and you get lots of good embies :)
That sounds painful.
I am so sorry about the extra waiting time. That must be tough to come to terms with.
I will be thinking of you though!!!
I'm sorry your cycle isn't turning out how you expected. But don't give up on your happy ending, keep the Faith. While God's time may not be our time, it is always the Right time. Thank you for sharing your courageous journey. I pray that one day you will be able to share this blog with your little one and he/she will know they were loved long before they were even born.
Praying that you stay healthy and that the end of the wait brings you that healthy little one!!
I'm sorry you are upset but it's for the best REALLY. I just got back to work after 2 weeks of OHSS. I actually am wearing a catheter A CATHETER in my stomach because the OHSS was that severe. If i could have been spared this i would have at any cost. Here's wishing you plenty of good eggs to make it to freeze!!
Post a Comment