Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 17, 2011

IVF #1 CD 4 "Menopur Hell"

I am on day 2 of stims and I've already decided that I hate the Menopur injections. First of all.....trying to get the menopur appropriately mixed takes like a brain surgeon's talent. Trying to get the right amount of sodium chloride into the plunger when the plunger pulls itself down is like a work-out within itself. Then, mixing it with the two vials of menopur without spilling anything, on top of making sure you get it all into the plunger is like herding kittens. Then if you get to that point (half hour later,) you plunge it into your belly and "YOUCH!" that bitch stings!!! This is going to be a long 10 days.....

Other then that I am doing okay. I got sick on Saturday night with nausea and diarrhea which lasted most of the day yesterday. I know it wasn't caused by the injections because it started before the injections. So, it is probably still my best friend, the metformin. Or it could be from the prescription strength prenatal, the folgard or the dexamethasone (or maybe the chili I made and ate on Saturday night....hmmmm??) Either way, I am feeling better today and feel like if I eat something it's not going to come back out the other end right away.

Still feeling headachy. It like a small, constant, nagging one that doesn't do much but annoy me. I haven't taken anything for it, but might need to when I go back to work tomorrow.

Looking forward to my CD6 US on Wednesday to see how the follies are doing and if my nasty cyst has shrunk any. I am praying praying praying that Wednesday brings us good news!!!!

10 comments:

Nic said...

I like that: meno.pure.evil! It is a nightmare to mix, I agree!
I have had a nagging headache for a few weeks now, so annoying!
I hope your scan on Wednesday goes well.
X

clewis said...

interesting to read how you are going as im starting my cycle end of week. Look forward to seeing how many follicles you have.hopefully plenty and of good size.

Melissa G said...

I've heard Menopur can be difficult to mix. i start it next week, so I'll keep that in mind and make my husband do it. =)

Good luck with your scan Wednesday, can't wait to hear how everything is going!

ousoonerchick said...

I'm thinking good thoughts for you!!!!!!!

Wen is only two days away! You can make it!!

Miss Mac said...

Oh, this makes me nervous... but good to know before I do the first meno.pure.evil injection in a few weeks! Hoping for a great mid-week report for you!

Amy said...

umm.. this is not making me excited to start new week. does it get better?
I really hope the cyst doesn't become a problem, good luck with the scan!

Annie said...

Yes, Menopur is a pain. Maybe if you inject a little extra air into the sodium chloride vial you won't have the problem with the plunger?

Rosachka said...

Oh, I know how you feel. I was starting my injections of Menopur when DH was away, I was petrified of the injecting part and never thought about mixing part, but thankfully the nurse at our clinic made me practice mixing the medication over and over until it became a second nature (but it was hard at first and took me almost 20 minutes to get set up). With respect to stinging, Cetrotide hurt more, hope you don't have that drug. Good luck with your injections and the u/s on Wednsday, will be waiting for your report!

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

I actually didn't mind the mixing, but I HATED the injection! I would shoot menapur nice and SLOW, stopping when it burned too much. I had headaches for weeks... it was the Lupron! I'm not sure if your on it, but if so, its probably that.

Wifey said...

I once titled a post "Menopur is the Devil." Oh how I remember it clearly. I never stuck it in my belly, I chose to do injections in my thigh. But it still burned and stung. And as if one vial wasn't bad enough, I had to inject two vials of the powder to one vial of the liquid. This is very annoying. And it burns worse. The more of the powder meds there are, the worse the burn. But it does do amazing things for your egg growth and quality. So here's to hoping and praying it works for you!