Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

IVF #1 CD 12 "WOW!"

I just got a call from the embryologist and out of our 50 eggs.....38 of them were mature and 32 of them fertilized!!!! I am on cloud 9!!!

They are going to call again tomorrow to let us know how many of them are continuing to grow and divide. He seems to think that we'll have 15 to 20 to freeze on day 5. I don't know whether to laugh or cry....this is simply amazing!

On other news....I am feeling okay today. I am dealing with very minor OHSS...which is a miracle within itself. Still sore, slightly nauseous and bloated. I've put on about 2-3 pounds of water weight since retrieval, but my clinic says not to worry unless it is over 5 pounds in one day. Unfortunately, I also found out today that on top of my daily ganirelix injection for the next week, I'll have to do a lovenox injection for 2 weeks! I am pretty bummed about this....thought the injections were going to be done soon, or at least slowed down...but two more weeks of them! I am just at too high of a risk for blood clotting issues, OHSS, infection, etc. My RE is taking every precaution, but I am a bit annoyed for more injections!

16 comments:

Egg Donation Mommy said...

That is fantastic news. Sending positive energy your way!

Courtney said...

WOW, those are excellent numbers. Hope you get a high number to freeze.

*hugs*
ICLW #56

Melissa G said...

Holy Crow, 50 eggs and 32 Embies?!?!! That is amazing, woman!

And seriously amazing that you only have minor ohss with those numbers- though I am very glad to hear it's only minor.

Get some rest, can't wait to hear more great news!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Wow...just wow...what great numbers! I am impressed! I hope you are feeling alright today!

Brice Barnes said...

OMG...that is fabulous numbers! You are going to have so many too choose from in 2 months! Go Ovaries Go!

Anonymous said...

Huge congrats luv! What a show off! Ha ha! I'm very happy for you, and hope you recover well. Those injections are worth every jab. Best wishes xo

ICLW#211

ousoonerchick said...

WOOHOO about the eggs bummer about the shots. Hang in there babe! Just another bump in the road on the way to a dream!

Mrs. R said...

WOW! those are fantastic numbers!! :) that is SO exciting. i'm sorry that you have to be careful and wait so long for the transfer. hopefully the time in between will go quickly!

clewis said...

wow, that's so many to freeze. how do you feel! your defentely going to get a baby out of one of those. you will be a mumma soon!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news..... no wonder you are on cloud 9!!!

Anonymous said...

Great news on the eggs. That is wonderful!!!

Nic said...

OMG, thats amazing news! So pleased you have so many!
Sorry you are having to have more shots, so annoying, but hopefully its worth it.
Rest up
Nic x

Lori B. said...

Oh my goodness that is absolutely amazing news about how many fertilized eggs you had!! Hoping for the best for you!

kkasun said...

Wow, that is crazy! Congrats! Can't wait to hear how many they freeze!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy wow!!! 32?!?! That is incredible, congrats!

Aramelle said...

Wow! That is incredible news. I wish the very best for you as you continue in this process.

(Here from ICLW)