Well, I had a bit of a rough night, but things seem to be getting better now. I was up all night with severe stomach cramps...the kind that make you want to scream your lungs out. I was in bed, in the bathroom, back to bed, back to the bathroom ALL night! With no movement....
Finally, at about 5am I got a little bit of movement....thank gawd! I ended up sleeping from about 5:30 to 8:30 this morning, and then woke up at 8:30 with "big D." I think this is the first time I've actually been happy about it! My tummy is definitely not at it's best, but I am hoping to get "things" regulated down there soon! *(+@$%&%%^!!!!!
The fluid in my tummy seems to be "going down" too. I'm not feeling nearly as much as a super sized whale as yesterday! The lungs are still bothering me, still doing a lot of coughing, but that is getting better and better each day too, which has really been the most difficult thing for me. Feeling like I have emphysema is miserable!
I decided not to drive down to the far away clinic for my 10:30 appointment. It is supposed to be like a HIGH of minus 4 today or something crazy like that...the roads are SUPER icy...it just wasn't happening, especially since DH couldn't drive me down.
So, I called the clinic and this is how the conversation went:
Me: Hi this is Krista ******, and I have an appointment this morning that I'm not going to be able to make it down to due to the weather.
Receptionist: Oh Krista! Are you okay? Do you need to talk to a nurse?!
Me: Oh no...I'm fine. I think I should just reschedule, I know Dr.Bush wanted to see me this week.
Receptionist: Hold on
Nurse Jill: Hi Krista, this is Jill...how are you feeling?
Me: Oh hi Jill, I'm doing fine...blah blah blah...fluid, constipation, "big D," getting better, etc. etc etc.
Nurse Jill: Dr. Bush is right here and wants to make sure everything is okay.
Me: Yep, I'm fine.I just can't make it in today to see him.
Nurse Jill: Okay, hold on.
So, at this point she comes back on the phone and reschedules my appointment for Friday once she asks me about 50 other questions about my bodily functions.
The funny part out of all of this is that this is a HUGE clinic! I'm pretty sure every single person that works there (like 75 people) are under strict guidelines to immediately put me through to a nurse if I call. It kinda makes me giggle. The REs have given me their personal cell phone numbers if I need to get in touch with them in the middle of the night. They call every single day (sometimes a few times!) to get updates. I know they are trying to do the right thing and I sure appreciate how much they care, but it is kinda getting a bit funny. I guess this just goes to show how infrequently people get severe OHSS in their clinic. Again...I am THRILLED to be so special (sarcasm.)
Looks like I won't get cleared to go back to work until Friday, so Monday is the earliest I'll be back. I'm hoping to get out of the house a bit before that though. I'm hoping to make it to a meeting on Thursday night. Then, DH and I have tickets to go see A Mid-Summer's Night Dream at the Denver Center for Performing Arts on Saturday night...I'd hate to have to miss that!

8 comments:
I am glad you are feeling better! I hope everything works itself out "down there"!!!
How great that the huge clinic is so personal and responive! Sounds like you are at the right place!
glad you have turned the corner!
I am glad things are getting better for you. I hope it all heals up soon!
aww, glad they are keeping such a close watch on you. sorry about the "big d",....I had that twice in the last couple weeks! not from the same thing, but yuck
Okay - this is getting creepy (not really, I just thought that sounded funny). My clinic is acting the SAME way. I wrote a post about it today.
The Embryologist called me after hours tonight to check on me. Weird (although nice...but still weird). This was after two nurses called... AFTER a doctor's appointment today.
I don't know if it's the Wall of Fame...or the Wall of Shame we're on.
Glad things are better! Hope they keep moving! I wouldn't want to miss A Midsummers Night Dream either. I hope you are up for it!
Great to hear you're feeling a bit better... and getting lots of TLC from the clinic - too much attention is better than not enough :)
I am pleased you are feeling better and it is great that your clinic are ready to do anything you need!
I really hope you get to feel normal soon. Do not rush back to work, you need to rest and get better.
x
Post a Comment