Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

IVF #1 CD 19 "Breathing is for the Birds!"

Another day at home with my dog. We are BOTH starting to get a MEAN case of cabin fever! I can't even let him outside to play because of the frigid temps here in Denver. So, we are both stuck at home....laying around....bored. I'm getting to that point where I feel well enough to actually realize how bored I really am. For the past week and a half I was so sick that I didn't have time to think about how bored I was....I was too concentrated on how bad I felt and how my embryos were doing. Now, that I am starting to feel somewhat normal again and I know my embryos are safely in the freezer....I am just plain bored!

I can't head back to work yet because I can still barely breathe (not to mention, my doctor hasn't cleared me to go back yet.) I swear....I feel like I have emphysema here folks. I walk up the stairs and have to stop and have an asthma attack. I feel like one of those old people that have to sit in a recliner all day in a certain position to get a good amount of air flow. It IS getting better, and I was actually able to sleep in a slightly different position last night. I am down to looking about 4 months pregnant....down from the 6 months. So, at least there is some movement with the fluid in my abdomen.

I was able to get a bit of work done this morning. Though...I don't really think it is allowed while you are on FMLA, so I couldn't get much done. At least, I cleaned out my email in-box and sent off some emails. Should be super fun catching up when I get back on Monday!

My cousin (who is in her early 40's) texted me today to tell me that she just found out she is pregnant. She recently got re-married and her and her new husband decided they wanted a child (she has no children already.) They went for fertility testing and found out that her eggs were too aged to use.  So, they went through IVF with donor eggs.  Her first attempt in November was not successful, but her recent FET was successful (she just got her beta results today.) I am VERY happy for them, but it is just a bit bitter sweet. Not because she pregnant....but because I should have been also finding out very soon that I am pregnant too....and I am not...I won't know for another 2+ months. So, it stung a bit even though I am happy for her. I guess it feels a bit unfair that she got her BFP while I am sitting around with OHSS with my embryos in the freezer for 8 more weeks. Woe is me.....

11 comments:

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

This is what I was thinking today in some of my "spare" time...

Christmas babies are best.

October due dates would have been awesome...but December due dates will be even better. Magical. Best gift ever! People will want to borrow our babies for their Nativity plays....and we can even dress them up like cute little Santas just to prove we can!

ousoonerchick said...

I felt sad for you then I read ms thompsons reply and all I could think was but I still want my OCT baby. Ahhh I hate infertility!!

Lori B. said...

I agree about Christmas babies! Especially because our IVF in March will (God willing) bring us that too!! Glad you are feeling better and keep hanging in there. You have been so unbelievably strong for these babies and that makes you a great momma already!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

So my new goal is to get better fast and make my RE change his schedule so I can have a due date by the second week of December.

As your evil twin...I'll work out the FET cycle timing requirments. :)

(p.s. ousoonerchick is right - Infertility sucks and Oct would have been the best...Dec will be our consolation prize so we'll all have to do it up big.)

Kristen said...

Glad you are feeling better and I'm sure it must be so hard to wait to get your little embies back inside you. Hang in there!

Ants said...

I can understand that feeling Krista, there were a few occasions in December/January that I had thought ahead to while we were doing IVF, thinking that I would know by then if I was pregnant...those occasions have come and gone and I did feel a bit gutted on those days that I was no closer to knowing anything yet.Hang in there and I hope the breathing gets better soon!

clewis said...

just remember you have got so many amazing embryos waiting. time will fly by. sorry for the wait.

Miss Mac said...

Christmas babies would also get us out of some major shopping/cooking/cleaning, right? And 6 weeks will be that much closer to spring, which is a good time for those embryos to stick and grow!!! Chin up:]

Krista said...

Ahhhh...thanks for all the good thoughts and positive comments. I needed that tonight! Really feeling sorry for myself right now...

I am SO looking forward to Christmas babies with you, Mrs.Thompson and you, Lori B. I'm SO tired of waiting, but I know 6 weeks is going to fly by!!

You guys are all the BEST!!!

Amy said...

You're getting closer! The 6 weeks will fly by, and even though the next few days won't feel like it - they will, too. I'm glad that you are feeling better. Keep dreaming of your pink/blue Christmas!

Cherbear said...

it's gonna be great! Glad your tummy is going down. Just breathe....it will be here before you know it. And it will ALL be worth it.