I’d like to officially thank my husband for being the best husband a girl could ask for. Going into this marriage 6+ years ago we never imagined in our wildest dreams what obstacles we’d face in our life together. One can never know.
We were young, in love and had wild dreams of moving away together (which we did,) having 2 perfect children, and living our perfect little life together. Never did we think we’d be faced with the most difficult and trying challenge a couple could face…infertility.
Though we’ve struggled with infertility for nearly 3 years now….our marriage is more solid than ever. We’ve been through many trials and tribulations over dealing with infertility. Together we’ve hoped, we’ve mourn, we’ve fought, we’ve tried, we’ve cried, we’ve supported each other, we’ve grieved, we’ve gone through every possible emotion…sometimes all in one day. Through it all, we’ve managed to not only continue to love and support each other, but we’ve actually managed to strengthen our marriage through these difficult times. Though we didn’t always see eye to eye, when it really mattered… we compromised, we met half way, we made it work.
I’d like to thank him for taking such good care of me over the past month. While most of you don’t know my husband, I will say that he is the most dedicated, loyal, driven, goal-oriented person I’ve ever met. He works a full time job, he manages a large team of people, he travels across the country for work, he is starting down the path of teaching a course (in his “free-time”,) he is the main parent and takes such good care of our dog, he keeps up a regular exercise routine, he wakes up each morning optimistic…ready to take on the day. While he kept all of these things I’ve mentioned going, he also took care of me when I was at my sickest. He ran to the pharmacy more times than I can count to pick up prescriptions, he took me to all of my appointments (and there were a lot!) an hour away, he held my hand and comforted me when I was scared, he sat and waited for hours while I had my IV, he ran to the store (twice) to get constipation meds for me, he ran to get me Gatorade (20 of them) and protein shakes to keep my body hydrated and stable. He did the grocery shopping and the house chores when I couldn’t. He took care of our very active and busy dog. He made sure I had what I needed….water in the middle of the night, nutritious meals when I couldn't fathom the idea of eating. I know I am probably forgetting something….he really did all this and more!
The point I am making is that we love each other, and neither one of us are going anywhere. Infertility or not….we are a family. When it comes down it…that’s all that matters. The eternal commitment to each other…..through the good and the bad. We can get through anything....together.
Happy Valentines Day Baby!


3 comments:
Dear Krista,
There is so much in your story that resonated with me... I don't know where to begin. Thank you, by the way, for posting the infertility etiquette article. I wish that we had known of such a thing when our journey was rockiest and people kept (unintentionally) driving the knife in.
Good luck with everything.
Alec
iwanttobeadaddy.blogspot.com
What a wonderful hubby....Def a keeper
wow what an amazing man you've got there! He's like superman!!
Post a Comment