Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

We’re Getting There!!

Well, today is CD 17 (yes, already!) of my February cycle, so we are almost exactly 4 weeks out from our transfer! AF should be arriving in about 2 weeks (please please please don't let this be a super long cycle!) and then we’ll start the process of our FET! To be honest, I’m not exactly sure what this will all entail. When I spoke to my nurse, Claudia a few weeks ago she said that I will go back on the Lupron injections again to suppress my ovaries. Dr. B also mentioned that I’ll have to wear a estrogen patch to assist with my uterine lining. I think I’ll also be starting my prescription prenatal, folgard, methylpred, baby aspirin, dexamethasone and endometrium suppositories at some point…I’m just not sure of the timing yet (before or after transfer.) Starting on CD 2 of my next cycle I’ll have regular blood tests and ultrasounds to check my hormone levels and uterine lining just like with the regular IVF cycle. Once my uterine lining is where it should be (nice and thick) my transfer will take place. This will be MUCH less intense since we aren’t worried about stimulating the ovaries. I’ve heard the worst part of FET is the transfer….you have to have a full bladder when they guide the catheter into your uterus to place the embryos inside…but after everything I’ve been through…this almost sounds like a cinch to me!

For the first time in a long time DH and I are actually getting excited at the possibility of being parents later this year. Both of us started losing hope about 2 years ago, and since then the hope has continued to decline each month. At the start of our IVF cycle, I think DH was really pessimistic about the entire thing and was preparing himself and me for the worst…that we may never have children. But, since we went through the process and KNOW that I produce quality eggs, and that together….my eggs and his sperm make some pretty awesome embryos……we have hope again and are actually letting ourselves be a bit excited. Of course, I don’t want to get too excited because this still may not work, but we are SO CLOSE!

We take our dog for a 2 mile walk each night (and 2 to 3 walks each day on the weekends) and for the last few weeks during our walks we’ve let ourselves say “when the baby gets here.” Wow….this is HUGE for us! We are car shopping as if there is a baby coming, and talking about which room would be best for a nursery and how we will arrange the baby furniture, and how we will introduce our dog to a baby, we’ve decided that I will leave my job after the baby gets here, we talked about possible baby names...…it is true that we’ve never let ourselves go this far before, we’ve never made these decisions. There has just been too much heartbreak to let ourselves get excited. We finally have a reason to be excited again. Oh how we hope that the news will be good in 6 weeks!!

14 comments:

Gurlee said...

Good for you for allowing yourself to be excited, you should be! What is the alternative? To think it isn't going to work? Not worth it! Best of luck and I hope in 6 weeks you have some fantastic news!

Kat said...

Happy ICWL

Hope is a good thing. Recently an IF friend commented that it might be a good idea to have a 'dream hour' where you let yourself be hopeful, rather than 'cautiously optimistic.'

Btw, I'm worried about how our spoiled cat will respond to an infant which is at least a year away!

Miss Mac said...

You are closer than ever, so why not let your heart and mind go "there." Set yourself up for success:] Please remind me of that in a few weeks because it's usually easier said than done! You have a lot to be excited about with your ER results (minus the OHSS stuff)!!!

Kim said...

Happy ICLW!

You and I are in very similar situations. My husband and I are doing our first IVF in April after 8.5 years of TTC. For the first time EVER, we've begun to let true hope into our lives. We're so close! I hope you get your beautiful baby! I took your poll... I say 2! (I'm transferring 3).

This is Kim... found you through ICLW. :o)

Come join us at the The Ladies in Waiting Book Club if you need to get your mind off IF.

We're a group of ladies, all surviving IF treatments... reading books and making conversation. :o) All are welcome.

DandelionBreeze said...

Time is going so fast... 4 weeks will hopefully fly by :)) This will be your year xoxo

Ants said...

Not long to go yay!I just recently posted some similar thoughts-my husband and I have been talking a lot about 'when the baby comes', I would rather try and stay as positive as I can-to send some good vibes to our embryos!
Fingers crossed the next 4 weeks fly by for you!xo

Summastarlet said...

Happy ICLW! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your's is gorgeous! I wish you all the best with your upcoming FET cycle. I hope time passes quickly. It's lovely to read that you and your DH are feeling excited and optimistic. xx

Amy said...

I'm glad that you both have hope again! and I'm so excited for you to get your perfect little embabies back inside! 4 weeks is going to fly! (its the next two that don't... sorry)

Bird said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so excited for you!!!I know the transfer can't come fast enough for you because i feel the SAME WAY!! lol I will be behind you on my FET but i'm praying for you all the way!!!

Cherbear said...

YES!! Glad you are getting really exciting. I'm starting to get excited too. The only thing we have is our hope! :)

kkasun said...

Wow, that is great! It did come up fast!!!! 6 weeks is so long, can't wait to hear about it!

Annie said...

Don't worry about the transfer. That really is NOTHING compared with what you've been through already. So glad you are able to look forward with optimism!

Anna and Kate said...

Happy ICLW! I have a theory that the happier you can be, the better - if the worst does happen, you will still fall of the cliff of despair with the same emotions so why not enjoy the ride up to it, sort of thing - but I hope you get my drift! But why not funnel all those positive thoughts in - it certainly can't hurt! Sending love and luck for the coming weeks xxxx

Anonymous said...

YAY FOR FET!!! The cycle is SOOO much easier than IVF and no worry for OHSS... which is a big pain as you know!!

The worst part was definitely the water. They told me to drink about 3-5cups within an hour. I drank a total of 4 cups and had to hold it for almost 3 hours b/c they were behind!! Then they told me to release 'SOME' but not all. OMG that is SOOO HARD. Don't drink too much!!! And drink it slow! Ask if they are behind when you go for your FET to help you plan that water sipping thing.

When they took me in they did an u/s to see how full I was and I had to 'release' and additional 2 cups (they gave me a cup to go in)... omg. then I had to hold the rest again.

The FET is sooo awesome. I was a little crampy (I also get crampy at IUI's) but you get to see everything with your DH. They embryos before and watch them being released and then you KNOW they are there...

I'm sooo excited for you! Can't wait to hear about your experience.

The chances are HIGH for good emby's and everything. YAY!!

Blog: www.becauseofmatch.com/lesspublic