I never said it would be easy, only that it would be worth it
Friday, February 4, 2011
IVF #1 CD 21 "Elvis has left the Building!"
I got out of the house today! I haven't been out of the house in nearly 2 weeks (other then to go to the doctor!) This is the first time I've actually driven myself somewhere in 2 weeks! I had a follow-up appointment at the RE's this morning. Everything looks really good and I am cleared to go back to work! I have A LOT less fluid in my abdomen and chest cavity, my E2 is back down to normal, and my blood counts are also back to normal levels! Yay! Then...I went to the grocery store!!! LOL! Oh....it's the little things, isn't it?! The breathing has improved by leaps and bounds in the past 2 days as well. I am still coughing a bit, but my energy levels are better, no more asthma attacks, and I can actually actually take a deep breath....something I haven't been able to do in over a week! Yahoo!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
She sounds like a fertile with that comment. I'm sure that she doesn't truly understand how DANGEROUS it was, what you went through...and how truly miserable and scared you were. And that you went through all that and didn't even get to the end result (yet). Because she didn't have to go through the egg-growing part of things, she just doesn't get how it feels. For that reason, I really hate texting sometimes.
Anyway I totally get how you are feeling. I'd probably give her a call....or maybe not, b/c I'd be so nervous that she'd talk labout her pregnancy the whole time. Which is great for her...but sometimes you gotta go for that whole self-preservation thing. ugh, between a rock and a hard place.
Some people just don't get it, even though they should.
Pleased you are doing better and got out of the house! I go stir crazy so quickly!
Ah yeah that text would have annoyed me too-and it makes it even harder when it's from a family member-who has had fertility struggles too!Maybe if you chat to her in person or over the phone you can explain what you've actually been through-maybe she just doesn't realise how serious it is.
Hooray for getting out of the house!xo
Yay for getting out of the house! I took a drive yesterday morning and was amazed how I felt just by driving 2 blocks! So out of energy and exerted. Crazy.
I had a pregnant friend do the same thing. She text me about how I was feeling....for which I replied....and then she didn't say another word.
I don't get it. Oh well - "forgive them Father for they know not what they do!"
Thanks for your comment : )
I am glad you are starting to feel better and sorry that some people can be so inconsiderate. It seems like you have been through a lot in the past few weeks and you would think people would be sensitive to that fact.
Sounds like it was nice to be able to get out of the house!! Take care.
So sorry you've had to deal with the lack of support. In my experience, the people you think will be there for you aren't necessarily. But also the people you don't expect can turn out to be wonderful sources of support.
Glad you are feeling better!
I think she is being a tad self unvolved. I'm sure there is more to her story though is she is using another relatives eggs. I think when women fall preg they expect a parade. When she stops jumping up and down, she might realize she has been travelling her own one way street and give a bit more to you...I did use the word 'might'... Not long and you are back in the hot seat. Your time to shine xo
Glad you are feeling better too..
Wow girl you have had a rough several weeks..You commented on my blog a while back and I thought I would stop by yours:) I actually had OHSS with my first IVF and also a Blood Clot in my lung because they didnt know I had clotting disorder/neither did I:( Needless to say my OHSS was not nearly as bad as yours but I spent 3mo off of work while trying to resolve the clot in my lung...The craziness we have to go through for a baby.....But I will say for me all the years of trying/losses that soon I will get to experience why it is all worth it:) I will have to follow your upcoming FET best wishes!!!
Post a Comment