After all of the weeks of excitement in my life (which spilled over onto this blog,) I feel like I don't have NEARLY the amount of exciting things going on to write about.
Like I wrote about on Sunday, AF arrived on Saturday night. By Sunday morning, she was here with a VENGEANCE! Yowzers!! Don't want to go into too much detail, but it was VERY heavy and very crampy for the first 2 days. I spoke to Claudia (my favorite nurse) on Monday and she called it a "withdrawal bleed." Basically, my body is cleaning out "the system" from all of the drugs and the extra fluid. It HAS kind of felt like going through some type of withdrawal. I feel like my body has been trying to re-stabilize itself. The GOOD news is that I can fit into my pants again!! I’ve pretty much rid myself of all of the extra fluid that was built-up…that’s really a great feeling…let me tell you! I can breathe (literally...the fluid is gone from my lungs!!!!) The downside is that I’ve had a heck of a headache for the past 3 days. I went back to work on Monday, so I thought maybe it was from the stress of that. But, now I’m not sure….I am thinking it is probably related to my hormones. I woke up Monday with a slight headache and it continued to get worse throughout the day, I felt better when I woke up Tuesday morning, but it came back Tuesday afternoon. Same thing today, I woke up feeling okay…but it started creeping back up on me. This is definitely no fun….so I hope this doesn’t become a regular pattern. Luckily, I only have one more day in the week (after today) to get through, then I can rest for 3 days and hopefully kick the headache for good!
Nothing much else to report. Claudia told me that I get the entire month off from any poking and prodding (yippee!!) Once my next cycle starts (let’s hope for a short one, and not one of my long drawn out ones,) they will give me my protocol for my FET in March. She said I won’t start the lupron again until after my next cycle starts, and at that time they’ll be able to give me my exact day for my FET. I am thinking at this point that it will happen the very last week in March. Then, I will have bed rest again for 4 days to give my little guy every opportunity to “stick.” It is really becoming so real to me now….now that I know I have perfect embryos just waiting for me, and now that I am finally “coming down” from everything that’s happened in the past month. I can finally get excited and DREAM of those babies! I keep telling DH that I plan to transfer all 7 at some point in our life…he thinks I am so funny! We still haven’t decided how many we will transfer in March….such a big decision! So, I am asking for YOUR guys' help on this one.....please take my poll...vote at the top right of my blog....this will be fun to see what you guys think. If you want to read more on my thoughts on this and why I am having a difficult time deciding, read this post. Thanks for your help and thoughts!

7 comments:
Great to hear that your feeling better and that your heading into the home stretch for your transfer :) A whole month without being poked - what a lovely rest to get your body ready for the little one/s :)) I would love to have 2 transferred... but my Ob has said that 2 is too risky for me - very disappointed and wish I had a choice :( Looking forward to seeing the results of your poll xo
I definitely say 2, because you don't want to go through that and not give yourself the best chance :) That was my feelings on it.
Also since you have 7, you can feel comfortable that you will still have embies left.
I am absolutely loving your positive attitude now that you can relax. So glad everything is healing up for you and you can breathe!
After all the twin lectures I've had of recent, I say 1. You have 7 perfect envies. You could end up with more than 2 babies, and going full term gives them the best start in life. I think you need to base your decision on the babies chances, not your own priorities. Sounds a bit harsh, and I'm sorry for that, but your kids come first, and I'm sure you will have a heap of them!!
A fellow blogger is having twins on my Bump/Babies Blogroll roll list on my blogg, I really recommend you have a read of her journey.
I have to agree with RedPowerRanger and say one!Especially as it's your first transfer.
Personally I would only ever consider 2 if I had had 3 or more failed transfers but thats just me-plus in NZ they are very much into only transferring one unless you are quite a bit older or have had multiple failures.
I also have a friend with twins, she loves them to bits and they are cute and full-on.But she told me one day she would love to have the experience of having just one baby if they decide to try for more kids-she said it's just a completely different experience with twins.
Anyway thats just my personal view! But I can see the other side of it too and understand people really wanting to transfer 2 as well.
I'm glad you're on the mend and hope the next few weeks go fast for you!
My RE wants to transfer 2 with my history and even though it's ultimately our decision, I'm going with her recommendation. Everyone's situation is different and it sounds like you have great chances with a singleton so that may be the route for you. At this point, 1 healthy baby would be a dream come true! Enjoy a few weeks of no shots!
Okay - you made me feel better. I had a conversation today with my favorite nurse and she told me the exact same thing. After my next AF starts they will give me the protocol for my FET. Problem is that if it's not timed right...I'll miss my Dr's batch and he won't have another one until May. Since my cycles are usually 36 days (on a GOOD cycle) I got a little down.
I need a miracle for March. A short cycle miracle!
Hmmm such a hard thing...I guess overall I would say 1 to start...then if you would need to do future x-fer or if you get Prego you first round then later cycles you will have an even number to x-fer:)
I know that IVF pregnancies tend to be more complicated all on there own...not sure if they know exactly why but most are...and of course a twin pregnancy puts you at higher risk for preterm labor without IVF in the picture...Most twin pregnancy come early and require bedrest at some point....but as far as being able to handle raising them without a lot of support think you and the hubs would do great just because thats all you would know:)
On a medical not FET are far less stress on the body too so having to do more than one isnt as stressful as going through the entire IVF process...and if your insurance will cover unlimited FET I would just do one at a time:)
Post a Comment