Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 25, 2011

IVF/FET #1 CD 20 (4 days past 5 day transfer - 4DP5DT)

Hey Friends, sorry I have not updated on my 2WW over the past few days. Honestly, there hasn't been anything to report and I didn't want to put up a bunch of posts like "well....laying on the couch again today!" HA! So, I decided to spare you all those boring details. However, a few of you have inquired as to how I am doing, so I thought I'd go ahead and put up an "early update in my 2WW."

First, I want to thank many of you for the awesome blog awards!!! You all are all so sweet for the awards and they make me feel so good that you've thought of me and felt my blog was worthy of awards! I participated in the awards back in January, so feel free to check out my post from then. I probably won't participate this time around, but not because I don't love them and sincerely appreciate them. But, because there is no way I could choose just 10 of you to give an award to. I adore so many blogs, and you are all so important and lovely to me. So, please know that I sincerely appreciate the awards, and that in my heart I am awarding one to each of you that follows my blog.....encourages and supports me.

Now, back to the 2WW. The first few days were pretty boring....the rest of Thursday and Friday were spent on the couch. I wasn't on strict bed rest....like I won't get up at all. But, I tried really  hard to lay around as much as possible. I read books, watched movies, surfed the internet, bossed DH around, etc. At first I was paranoid about everything.....moving the wrong way, laying the wrong way, eating the wrong thing, farting, sneezing, going #2, etc.  By, Saturday I let myself move around a bit more, though still relaxing on the couch as much as possible. DH has been very helpful....doing the grocery shopping, cooking, etc. We even had a yummy fondue night at our house on Saturday night....yummo! I did start allowing myself to do simple things like dishes by Saturday, but that was about it....as far as chores go. I started reading more and more that it doesn't really matter if you are on strict bed rest, the most important thing is to just take it easy...so that's what I've been trying to do.

On Sunday, we decided to go out to breakfast for Easter morning, which was really nice. I stuffed my face with eggs, bacon, sourdough toast, hashbrowns, decaf coffee, etc. I LOVE going out to breakfast, so I was in heaven! On Sunday, DH and I decided to tackle the laundry. He carried it, put it in the washer, and I did the folding. Also, when we went to bed on Saturday night, we realized that our room smelled like PEE!! The culprit...you ask? Well, none other than our lovely 85 pound Italian Mastiff who likes to let it "trickle out" on his bed in in the middle of the night rather then alert one of us that he has to go. So, we also had to take apart his whole entire bed and wash each piece. Just like having a kid right? HA! It did feel good to get some stuff done around the house, but I did start feeling a bit guilty that I was up and around too much....even though I know that it is okay to do that at this point.

I'm not getting up and you can't make me

Today, I am back at work and just trying to take it easy. Of course, I wish I could stay home and relax for the entire 2WW, but of course that isn't possible. Either implantation has happened by now, or it hasn't (and if it hasn't, it won't.) So, either way....it is safe to be up and moving around normally. I am desperately trying my best not to over-analyze every twinge and cramp. But, I just keep willing those littles to stick in there....I want them so bad! I am trying to stay as positive as possible, but still be realistic....I know that this may not work and I need to be prepared for that. At the same time, I know it is important to stay positive. The 2WW hasn't made me crazy yet, but I know that towards the end I am going to start feeling it.

As far as how I am feeling physically....I've actually been feeling really good. I did have a slight headache on Saturday, but I was guessing that was from all of the hormones that I am still pumping into my body. I've also been getting on and off hot flashes (is this also from the hormones, even though I'm obviously not on the lupron any longer?) The cramps I had before the transfer are mostly gone, so I am happy about that. Since the transfer I've slept better than I have in MONTHS! It's almost like I know the littles are home where they should be, and that is bringing me comfort and peace. I've fallen asleep right when I hit the pillow and slept through the night...a deep deep sleep too. I am loving it! I even napped on the couch on Saturday....which is usually not something I do, but I felt tired, so I napped! Don't I wish I could nap EVERY TIME I felt tired!

I had my first post-transfer blood draw this morning. I will have blood draws every few days over the next few weeks, this is to check my progesterone levels, to ensure I have enough progesterone to sustain a possible pregnancy, they are also checking my estrogen levels. Hopefully there are no issues and we don't have to switch to the progesterone shots!

Well, that is all from me for now. Thanks again for ALL of the blog awards, ALL of the awesome comments of love and support, for asking how I am doing and for just being there. All of this love and support is giving me so much strength to get through the dreaded 2WW!

Much Love!

P.S One of my best friends from college is having her first baby (a boy!) right now! I am thinking of you, Brynn!!!

18 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck with your 2WW! sounds like you are off to a great start :)

73goldie said...

Enjoy - I've always tried to enjoy being in the 2WW without POAS. I wanted to enjoy being PUPO. I'm wishing your little ones lots of health and growth!

Cherbear said...

I'm praying for you every day!

Bird said...

does sound like you're doing great!!

clewis said...

Sounds like you had a good relaxing time. Good luck, when is the testing date?

Tippy said...

Glad things are going well. Hoping the second half of your 2ww is the same.

Nic said...

Pleased you are doing well and not going crazy yet!
Try to keep your mind busy and not think too much!
Hoping for your BFP!
x

DandelionBreeze said...

Great that you're doing so well and able to take it easy... sending you lots of sticky vibes and wish I was doing my FET with you. Love to you always xoxo

LC said...

I had to laugh out loud when I read that about your dog. Our lab sometimes slips a lil poop nugget out in his sleep. Then the next morning when we find the surprise, he gets soooo embarrassed.
I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well so far. Thanks for posting! :)

Marianne said...

Glad it's going well!!!! Hey you're on the prog suppositories right? Well I have been having hot flashes so bad dh and I both thought I had a fever but I didn't...so it must be the prog. I can't really find anything on the internet that says it causes them so I don't know?

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

I love it. This made me happy. Really really happy!

Kristen {www.buckupbuttercup.net} said...

Glad you're doing well with the 2WW so far! Hope your little babies have implanted and are settling in for a nice long stay!

Brenda said...

Here from ICLW. So glad your 2WW is going well. I am hoping that you will have wonderful news!!

a field of dreams said...

Sounds like your 2WW is going splendidly! I hope those littles have made themselves a home now. Good luck with all the BT's you have next.

China Doll said...

Glad all is going well.. keep that relaxed vibe going!

ADSchill said...

Oh good luck! I am pulling for you and your future family. The 2ww is the hardest time of the cycle, but I pray that it goes by swiftly and successfully.

Happy ICLW!

http://missconception-ads.blogspot.com/

kkasun said...

Thanks for the update!!!
When is your beat?
I am so excited to hear about the results, I feel like this is your cycle!!!

Jacksmom said...

Yeah, when is the beta?!?!? I had hot flashes as well on progesterone each time I've been on them. Glad you got some rest and are just going with whatever your body is telling you, that will be important especially if this cycle works for you, and I hope it will!!!