Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 11, 2011

IVF/FET #1 CD 6: Baby Shower Weekend: Check!

Well gals, the baby shower weekend is officially complete! I had a great time at both showers. On Saturday, I got to spend some much needed time with some good girlfriends which I always enjoy and doesn't happen as often as I would like. On Saturday night, DH and I went to dinner with two good friend couples. On Sunday, we had a nice brunch baby shower with my Junior League group. It was a surprise for one of our Junior League girls which was fun. I love spending time with these girls....we just can't stop laughing, I need laughter right now, so it was perfect!

I took the day off on Friday and I kid you not this is what I accomplished: library, took dog to vet for shots and nail trim, took dog home, gas station/car wash, cost plus/world market to get drinks for shower, target to get quiche bake pan, spa pedicure, post office, lunch, grocery shopping, bank, vacuum, dust, mop, laundry (folded and put away too!,) talked to mom and sister for an hour on the phone.....all before 3pm! I am AMAZING!!! LOL! :-) It felt good to get all of that done!

Had another blood draw this morning. I won't get any of the results of my blood draws through this process unless there is an issue, so I am actually glad NOT to be hearing from my nurse! On Friday I have my first lining check....we are praying for 8 millimeters at that point....come on lining!!!! I am still doing the prenatal w/fsh, folgard, baby aspirin, metformin, estrogen suppository, lupron injection, and today I switched from one climara patch to two patches....not so excited about these things....they itch like crazy and my skin is all red and irritated (not to mention gluey) where the one patch came off this morning. Ick!

If you remember, please keep my mom in your prayers....she is having surgery on her neck this morning (the second neck surgery in a year) for a bulging disk. She has been very uncomfortable, so I am really hoping this does the trick for her and she can enjoy her life again! Please pray that the surgery goes well and the recovery is quick!

On other news, I found out that we are moving at work THIS Friday, so that will be well before my transfer. Whew! One less thing to worry about.....I'll be all settled on my new floor by the end of the week. I am actually pretty excited about the move....because we are moving from the 2nd to 6th floor and my new cube is very big, private and with a window! It's the little things I need right now...every "good" little thing helps me relax and prepare for the transfer, so I am taking any good thing right now!

I probably won't be on the blogs too much this week due to the amount of things going on at work...the move, end of the year performance plans, I am grading the testing for an accountant postion we are hiring for, plus regular work stuff. But, please know I am thinking of each of you and wish you lots of luck and love for wherever you are in the process! XOXO!

P.S Does my ticker REALLY say 1 week and 3 days!! OMG!!!!

Update: My Nurse did end up calling and said my estrogen this morning is where it should be. Next check: Friday along with the Lining Check!

24 comments:

RMCarter said...

Lots of exciting things going on in your world. I am keeping you in my prayers this cycle (and your mom as well). :)

Bird said...

Whew!! you were in hyperdrive this weekend. My nap filled schedule looks sad next to yours! haha. Congrats on the bigger office space AND windows. Windows make a huge difference in your day. seriously. so excited for you!

Lori B. said...

Praying all goes well with your mom's surgery! I think things are lining up just right for this transfer :-) It is so close now. I'm anxious for you!! Good luck!

Ants said...

Whoa what a busy week you have ahead!AND I'm super impressed with what you managed to achieve on Friday!Sending best wishes to you and your mom that her surgery goes well, and so excited for you-fingers crossed for a great scan on Friday-not long to go now!!xoxo

Mrs. Lemon said...

Wow! What a great week you had. I love you attitude. Good work!!! Rooting for you(and your mom too)

Cherbear said...

I'm jealous of your window. My boss has a tiny sliver of a window in her office, and that's the closest I get! Can't see it from my desk either.

Glad things are moving along!

Anonymous said...

It's so close!!! You and Ants from Making Baby Giraffes are up together! I am here to listen and support for your FET. I'm sending shipping containers of baby dust to you, and prayers to your mum. And Slow Down! You were soo busy on Friday!

Marianne said...

So glad it's all moving along...almost there!!!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Your mom is in my thoughts/prayers. Hoping she has a speedy recovery.

Oh my goodness.....1 week & 3 days! I almost hyperventilated. :)

THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME. I need to find us both a good luck charm...

Miss Mac said...

I can't imagine what you will get accomplished when you are in 'nesting' mode... which I hope is right around the corner:] And all this baby shower help is returned your way!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was a productive day!! :)

Good luck with all your upcoming busy-ness and I hope everything goes smoothly!

a field of dreams said...

Isn't it great when life just falls into place? Wishing you a jet plane filled of luck and baby dust all the way from Oz.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Wow, you got a lot accomplished!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think a transfer is the perfect way to celebrate!

Thinking of you.

Sidu said...

I ve been lurking around your blog for quite a while ;> anyway i ve been trying to conceive for around 5 years now... it took a whie before i actually threw in the towel and declared that i need medical help ;> I am one of those unexplained infertility cases , and so after 2 failed iuis , i move on to ivf this sept.
anyway i just wanted to let u know what a relief your blog is to me, everytime i feel crushed, just reading your blog reminds me not to give up.
people around me dont seem to understand what I m going thru .. its the constant "it ll happen, why dont u enjoy ur life til then" story ;> so wen i read ur blog , its like someone does understand what I m going thru.
ha Ha there i go rambling again, anyway i just delurked to let u know that u ve been a comfort to sooo many people and i wish u all the best
XOXO
Smitha

Krista said...

Smitha- Wow, thanks so much for the amazing comment...that made me feel so good! I'd love to follow your blog, so leave me a comment with your blog (your profile is on private so I can't get to it.) I'd love to follow you and support you through your journey. Much much luck for your upcoming IVF cycle in September!! XOXO!!!

Kristen {www.buckupbuttercup.net} said...

Hope all is well with you mom.
-Kristen from www.buckupbuttercup.net

Bird said...

Hey Krista! Just checking on you! You ran across my mind. Hope all is well!!

Stacey said...

I hope your moms surgery goes well!!! Good luck on your upcoming FET!! I'll be sure to check back in to see how everything goes!!

DandelionBreeze said...

Great that your w/end went OK and you sure did get a lot done on Friday :)) Thought to you mum and hope that you don't hear from your nurse... FX'd for you every step of this cycle. Wish I was sharing it with you xoxo

Liz said...

I just wanted to let you know I have been thinking of you lately. I know we were a few days apart with our IVF cycles in Jan (mine never really got off the ground, but you know). Yesterday I realized how long ago that feels like. I remembered you and thought how excited you must be to finally get your embryos transferred.

I am wishing you the best of luck and hopeful it will work (heck, those embryos are perfect, right?) 1 week, that is amazing!!

Bird said...

Don't worry. even though i'm behind you in time i'm still down for praying and hand holding!! LOL When you get up on the 21st know i'll be up and praying for you.

Jenni said...

Tanks for the positive wishes. and congrats on a Window - I am very jealous! Time just speeds by, doesn't it?

Kristen {www.buckupbuttercup.net} said...

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog yesterday. Wishing you sooooo much luck in the next few weeks and me luck in July with an FET so we can still be pregnant together...you'll just be a few months ahead of me instead of the other way around. :)
XOXO
-Kristen from www.buckupbuttercup.net

foxy said...

Your productivity is inspiring - not that I could replicate it if I tried, but it is pretty awesome!