Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

IVF/FET #1 CD 1

Thanks for all of the nice and supportive comments on my post yesterday. All of your comments helped A LOT, and made me feel better. You guys are the best!

I am feeling a bit better today about everything, but still did not sleep last night. I fell asleep around 3am and my alarm clock went off at 5:30....so you can count how many hours of sleep I got (for at least the 2nd night in a row.) I am getting severe hot flashes from the lupron at night too...even though I have the fan blowing directly on me. DH didn't sleep last night either....I think we are both feeling the pressure of what the next month holds for us.

Needless to say, I am exhausted today and hoping I'll be able to fall asleep tonight and get a restful nights sleep. I may or may not take a day off work either this week or next to try and attempt to catch up on sleep.....I'd love to say I can catch up on sleep this weekend, but nope...that won't happen, I have a hair appointment (yes, at my house!) at 9am on Saturday, then a baby shower at 2pm. On Sunday, I have another shower at 9:30am (which I have to get up early and bake a quiche for.) Plus, this weekend I have to squeeze in taking my dog to the vet for booster shots and a nail trim, a pedicure for me, grocery shopping, laundry and a few other errands that need to get done this weekend. Can I do it all? We'll see! DH says he can help, but he also has a ton of grading to get done this weekend. This is the last weekend that I have back to back stuff to do....I promise to relax next weekend and for the days leading up to the transfer....and hopefully get some sleep!

Well guys, the day has officially and finally arrived.....Cycle Day 1 of my much much much (yes, that's 3 muches for the 3 months I have waited since the egg retrieval) anticipated Frozen Embryo Transfer cycle! Never in a million years did I think I'd have to wait this long for this day. Just as my clinic predicted, AF showed up right on time. I started spotting yesterday evening and today...she is here!

We went into the clinic this morning to get my blood drawn to make sure my estrogen was where they want it to be at this point. We also had to sign our frozen embryo consent forms since DH wasn't with me at the FET nurse consult a few weeks ago

My nurse called and said my estrogen was a 19...they want it below 80 at this point...so mine looks great!

To be honest, I didn't know if we would ever get to this point, so I feel that we jumped over a HUGE hurdle today.  Tonight, I'll be adding into the regimen: A baby aspirin, estrogen suppository (fuuuuun!,) and the climara (estrogen) patches.

T minus 14 days till THE BIG DAY!!!!! Prayers prayers prayers!!!!

25 comments:

LC said...

Sending love and good luck your way! :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you ! It will speed by so don't blink lol

Chon said...

Oh Krista this is it!! I can totally understand your nerves as well. Nerves are normal. Thre years girl and finally you get to try the IVF hand. Will be counting down with you xx

Cherbear said...

I am SOOOO excited for you!!! I'm awaiting CD 1 so if AF ever gets here, I should just be a few days behind you! yay!!

Miss Mac said...

You are well on your way now! Hope you do find some time for rest in the next couple of weeks! So excited for you Krista, you've waited, gone through serious OHSS and now it's your TIME!

Anonymous said...

Here from Cyclesista. Sending tons of good vibes your way!

Rosachka said...

Yei!!!! for finally starting with the FET cycle!!! So excited for you! Will continue to follow you all the way to BFP!!!

Annie said...

Great news that everything looks great and you're finally counting down to the big day. Praying for you!!

Marianne said...

Good vibes~~~~~~~~~~my egg retrieval should hopefully be right around your transfer time~~~~Here's to our long awaited BFPs!

a field of dreams said...

I'll be praying for you! Wishing you all the awesome luck with this FET.

Summastarlet said...

Hooray!!! It's so close now!!! Wishing you lots of luck!! Looks like we will be pretty close with our FETs! xx

Bird said...

AAIIIYYEEEE!!!! so excited? Here we go!! And i love that you know stuff about your cycle! I dont know where my estrogen is, why my transfer is a million trillion years away or anything. lol. your clinic rocks.

Kristen {www.buckupbuttercup.net} said...

Yay for Day 1! Sending lots of prayers your way...
-Kristen from www.buckupbuttercup.net

kkasun said...

Thinking of you!!! This is going to be it!!!!

Lori B. said...

Yay!! So incredibly excited for you!! This is your time, I just know it :-) Also, thank you for the encouraging comment on my blog. I'm not telling family when the beta is so that I can suprise them if its positive so I'm only posting it here for you since they read my blog. I go in Monday, April 11th. Of course, I'm sure I'll cave and test early. :-)

B- said...

Good luck! Lots of prayers coming your way...

Jen said...

Sending lots of love and best wishes your way Krista!! I also hope you get some much needed rest! Thinking of you!

Lisa said...

Happy CD1! You'll never be this excited to see AF again! ;)

Best of luck with this FET Krista! You have so many people pulling for you, I just have a good feeling for you!

Kathleen said...

glad you are feeling a bit better today. and congrats on starting your cycle. i was supposed to start mine today, but they found a cyst. looks like it will be a week to 3 week delay, depending on what it looks like next week. grrr. my estrogen was 100. ugh. hoping this is it for you! and glad you found my new blog.. ~ Tippy

Ants said...

YAAAYY!So excited for you x3!(that's for the 3 months waiting too hehe)Time to complete this cycle once and for all yeah!Best of luck for the next few weeks-I'll be following you and cheering for you the whole way :)

Kerrik said...

Sending lots of good luck you way

DandelionBreeze said...

Fantastic... you're big day has arrived :)) Must feel great to have good blood results and be heading into your cycle on a positive note :) Thinking of you every step of the way and great to be sharing a FET with you xoxo

Mrs BabyDream said...

Best of luck!!!

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

Oh my gosh... You so deserve this! I am PRAYING PRAYING PRAYING for you!!! xo

The C's said...

THANK U! For stopping by my blog! Yes, mini (I hope) break so I will be a little Blog silent as I start my new ventures in Corp. America. =/
BEST wishes & lots of + Vibes being sent your way on your FET journey! =)
The C's