Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 15, 2011

IVF/FET #1 CD 10: Single Digits

Girls, it's true...I am down into the single digits now (6 days to go!) Can you believe it....because I sure can't!! One week from now I will officially be one day into the 2WW! Yeeks!!!

I had my lining check this morning. I was so nervous, I thought I was going to have diarrhea! My appointment was at 7:30am, and I showed up at 7am because I was so anxious!! I am happy to announce that my lining is at 8.6 millimeters! Woo Hoooo!!! We needed it to be above 8 millimeters today, so I am very happy! The appointment was short and quick.....blood draw, lining check, then my nurse mixed my hcg and gave me my first hcg injection in my rump! They gave me my appointment time for transfer on Thursday and I was on my merry way (with a little skip in my step, of course!)

One more huge hurdle we jumped through today. DH and I decided that going through IVF is like jumping 500 hurdles....some of the hurdles are 2 feet high, some are 20 feet high, all the way up to 100 feet high. You start at the beginning and the idea is to get to the end without knocking any of the hurdles over....if you can do that, then you get to take home a baby at the end. If you knock even one of the 500 hurdles over then you have to go back to the beginning and start over next month (or many months from now depending on how high the hurdle was that you knocked over.) It's really a game of luck, so training won't help....you just hope and pray that somehow you will jump those 500 hurdles and get to the end. Sometimes I can't believe we've made it as far as we have.....but at the same time, I feel like it's taken us forever to get here!

I am now sporting 4 climara patches. I had DH put 2 on my upper back (the last spaces on my back that don't already have red welts!) and then 2 on my upper thighs. I need to figure out where the next ones will go! Can you put these bad boys on your butt?!?! I still hate them...they are itchy and giving me big red welts! I start the endometrin (progesterone) suppositories tomorrow....so I'll be giving myself a total of 4 suppositories a day...blechy blech, the things we do!

On other personal news: I am officially moved into my new work space...I am so glad to have this out of the way before the transfer...one more thing I can check off my list that I don't have to worry about. My mom's surgery went well on Monday, I haven't talked to her personally yet because she's been sleeping and trying to recover, but my sister said things went well. I will call my Mom this weekend and hopefully she feels well enough to talk on the phone. Another thing I don't have to worry about! Please don't let there be anything that pops up in the next few weeks that I have to worry about. I just want things to go smoothly!

Regarding the transfer next week: I am starting to get into the terrified stage.....excited and anxious are now out the door. I'm too close now to feel those things...it is now just pure terror. Will my embryos make it through the thaw process, will they still be high quality, will they implant....AGH!!! But, I am so ready to bring them home!

18 comments:

Lori B. said...

Single digits away is fantastic!! I totally understand being terrified but also try to relax as much as possible knowing you will have your babies growing inside you in about a week. Ahhh I am so excited for you!!!!!!

Jos said...

Phew - lots of hurdles, but it sounds like you've been jumping plenty high so far!! What an exciting time in you life. :)

Coakley's Journey said...

I am a new follower, hope you dont mind. I really like the way you stated IVF was like jumping a hundred hurdles. That is so true. Once you get over one, you have to make it to the other and some time the space in between feels like forever.

Good luck, it will be here before you know it.

Nic said...

6 days!! So exciting! Not long now and you will be PUPO!!
Good luck
x

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you!!! Rest and breathe in the good vibes. Enjoy you last weekend emby-less!!

Gurlee said...

You are so close, so exciting! One hurdle at a time, you got this!!

Melissa G said...

Woo hoo!!! You're alomost there!

I have a good feeling that things will continute to go super smooth for you - crossing everything!

Kathleen said...

yeah! looks like we are really on a pretty close timeline here. so glad your lining was lush and beautiful. hoping this is it! (Tippy)

Marianne said...

Great lining! Woohoo!!!

Annie said...

This post is just packed with good news! Love it!!

And the hurdles analogy is great.

B- said...

Yeah! Its getting closer! Everything will go great!

Orange Girl said...

That was a great analogy for fertility treatments - lots of hurdles. Good luck, you are so close!!

DandelionBreeze said...

Great news that your transfer is sooooo close and that your lining is all set to welcome them :)) Not long now at all.... sounds like you're understandably very excited :)) Wish I was doing this cycle with you. Lots of wishes and sticky vibes heading your way xoxo

Ants said...

Fantastic news about your lining scan!yay not long to go!I can totally understand the feeling of terror-I just know your frosties will thaw beautifully though and then you can join me in the 2ww!xo

Cherbear said...

girl you're like a young purebreed. You've got those hurdles knocked out, no problem! LOL Love the analogy. Hey, frogger would be another good one. You get almost all the way across the road, and then you get hit by a car and have to start all over again.

Do you think you are allergic to the material in the patches? Have you asked your dr about it?

good going on everything else...you're almost there!

Lisa said...

Very exciting Krista! Best of luck with your upcoming transfer! And yes, you can stic those lovely Climara patches on your butt. That's where I chose to keep them. :)

Bird said...

If it was 8.6 already then that is going to be some GOOd SNUGGLY lining for the babies!!!!

3 days!! yowza! so excited for you!

Jacksmom said...

only a few days left now!!!!