Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 21, 2011

IVF/FET #1 CD 16: The Littles Are Home!!!

The littles are home! Yes, it is true…the day finally arrived and the transfer FINALLY happened. 4 months after this madness began…we are finally at this point, and I truly can’t believe it.

First off, I want to say thank you to MANY of you for all of the nice messages yesterday and today. I received many messages of support from bloggie friends as well as real life friends, and I appreciate the support and prayers more than you know! There are lots of prayers going up for us right now, and that brings me so much comfort.  You guys are all THE BEST!!!!!

I wasn’t going to say how many littles we transferred (as you all remember, we have been trying to decide this for awhile,) but then I realized that I had pictures to share that I couldn’t keep to myself, and it is quite obvious how many we went with. So here they are!



Couple of beauties, right? The thaw went PERFECTLY!!! Only two had to be thawed and they are both gorgeous.  The embryologist said that if he didn't know better he would think these are fresh embryos, he gave us an 80% chance of getting pregnant with a single, and a 60% chance of twins!!! What a relief!!! The top one expanded immediately, and the bottom one was still working on completely expanding when the pic was taken. He still said it is perfect....he teased us that the top one is a boy (because he was so quick,) and the bottom was one a girl (because she took her time!) LOL! After we met with the embryologist I had to have my bladder checked which they deemed to be too full!! So, I had to go let out about 2 cups of water!!! E-gads..that was hard to stop at 2 cups! But, once I let some of that out I felt MUCH better! My RE said since I'm so petite, that I only needed to drink about 16 ounces...not 32! Oops!!

The transfer went so smooth and I honestly didn't feel a thing...my RE is the bomb! We watched on the screen to see the catheter go in, and then got to see both littles go into my uterus. Here is pic of that. Not the best pic ever, but you can see my round uterus in the center, and then the two white specs in the uterus at the top are the littles (red lines pointing to them.)


In my heart, I always knew that two was the right choice for us....as the odds are so much higher to have success if you transfer two. We’ll be thrilled if just one takes, or we’ll be thrilled if they both take. We are comfortable and okay either way, and have been preparing ourselves for the possibility of twins. Now, we just need to get one or two of these littles to stick! Please....your momma would REALLY love for you to stick around in there for 9 months!

I'm still having a bit of cramping on and off....but that could just be from the transfer today. It is still a bit unnerving and I wish would go away! I slept for a few hours this afternoon after we got home, since I was still hopped up on valium! Feeling good now and trying my best to stay on the couch!!

I am THRILLED to be going through the 2WW with MANY of you…I am a lucky girl!!! Ants (a week ahead,) Wonder Woman (a week behind,) Kathleen/Tippy, Marianne, Rosachka, Leigh, Cheers, Shannon, Erin and Summarstarlet (a week or two behind, but both still close!) I hope I haven't missed anyone!

Now, to try and stay SANE in the 2WW!!!

P.S Welcome April ICLW'ers!!! If you are new to my blog, well you sure found me on an important day!!! Please leave me a comment and I'll come swing by your blog to say hello!

62 comments:

Shannon said...

They are beautiful! Mine look so blobby and ugly compared! I am so thrilled your transfer went so well. I told you I drank too much water! with my fresh transfer in 2009 they made me empty my bladder 'a bit' that's so impossible!

Aimee said...

Krista ~ Beautiful 1st pics of your babies!!! WOW ~~ Congrats on being PUPO!!! Aimee (Blueskiesgal)

Cori said...

They look beautiful!!! I am so glad everything went so well for you! Much love and prayers are coming your way!!! Xoxo

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Confession: A tear (or two) leaked out of my eye. This is finally real and I couldn't be more happy for you. Those lucky little ones are going to stick.

I just know it.

Happy day.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! They look fantastic. I Just had my third FET this month and I look at my photos everynight before bed. Here's to hoping!

Renee said...

Fingers crossed, prayers said. Try to relax the next two weeks. I know that's impossible though.

Lisa said...

Congrats Krista! Those are two beautiful embryos! Sending sticky vibes your way! (It's my little Conceptions baby's 1st Birthday today, so I'm thinking that's lucky!)

DandelionBreeze said...

Fantastic news... they look gorgeous and those odd are wonderful :)) Sending you lots of sticky vibes and so glad to hear that they made it home safely xoxo

Shelby said...

Krista,
Lots of sticky vibes your way! Stick, embies, stick! Thanks for stopping by my little slice of the blogosphere...will keep updated with you.

a field of dreams said...

Awesome Krista! I pray and hope that these twinnies stick. Hooray you are officially PUPO! I love the nickname. My goddaughter also gets called "Littles" and she is an IVF baby too. I hope this is a good sign.

Chon said...

Thats amazing!! And nice lining!!! I hope this is it!!

Marianne said...

What beautiful embies Krista!! It must be so good to have them home :)

I am so glad we will be in the 2ww together! We will have to try to keep each other sane!

lostintranslation said...

Happy ICLW and congrats on a successful transfer! I hope you'll be able to keep your sanity during the 2WW and you'll get a nice BFP at the end (which will then hopefully continue into an uncomplicated pregnancy). Will have my own FET in a few weeks...

Summastarlet said...

Happy ICLW!

Congratulations on being PUPO!! Your little ones are beautiful and I hope they decide to stick around for the next 9 months.

Glad to be sharing this journey with you..only a week behind you!!!

To Those Who Wait said...

I've been thinking about you! I am sending all the positive vibes I can for you during your 2WW. Sounds like your RE has given you great odds! So exciting!

kkasun said...

Wow you are PUPO!!!
I am praying with you that they both stick!!!
Can't wait for your 2ww to end all ready!!!

Tippy said...

congrats on the transfer! hoping they sunggle right in for the long run. i had to let out fluid for mine too. it was so hard to stop!!! welcome to the 2ww and hoping we all have our dreams soon.

Sailor's Sweetheart said...

Wow, how exciting!!! Not very many people can say their first baby photo is them as an embryo!! :) Here's positive/sticky vibes coming your way!

Bird said...

Those babies look MAGNIFICENT!!!!!! I am just over the moon for you!!! ahhh so excited!!! I can hardly contain myself!

B- said...

So excited for you! Sticky thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Jill said...

Very exciting and nerve racking all in the same thought! Here's hoping this 2ww doesn't make you crazy! Just breathe!

Nic said...

Congrats on being PUPO!!!
Really hope they stick! X

EC said...

they look beautiful, congrats on the transfer. I hope your 2ww goes smoothly without too much obsessing.

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

What perfect looking embryos! Try to enjoy your TWW!

RMCarter said...

So, I got all teary when I read this post and saw those beautiful embies! I'm so excited for you! Sounds like things couldn't have gone more perfectly. :)

SJ said...

Yaa! I'm so glad everything went well. I hope your two weeks fly by and those embies make themselves comfortable for a long stay.

Amy said...

I'm so glad it went well. They look perfect! Such great news. I am so glad. Hang in there for the next two weeks!

Jen said...

I just found you through ICLW and I am soooo excited for you!! EEKKK!!!! What a great day to have found you! And the pictures are AMAZING! I will be following your journey! I cannot wait to see what happens!

unaffected said...

Sending sticky vibes your way!!!! Beautiful first pic of your babies!

Anonymous said...

Krista- I am so happy for you. Enjoy your 2ww. You have been through alot. I am praying for you!!

Fran said...

Wow!! What a day to stop by your blog!! Now I'm glued! Sending you lots of sticky vibes for your beauties (they are truly beautiful blasts!) and I'd say try not to test early if you can!

Have a great ICLW week (it'll help you stay sane!)

Fran ICLW #131

Jos said...

Whohoo!!! I'm so excited for you Krista! Praying for a BFP at the end of this 2ww. :)

Bird said...

If you need something to do to distract yourself, come by and pick up your blog award'! :)

Noelle said...

So happy it went well! They are beautiful ;) Have a great relaxing weekend!

Rosachka said...

Krista, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So happy for you!!! Welcome to the 2ww club!!! Will keep each other sane during this period, LOL.

Coakley's Journey said...

So happy they look beautiful and I can see the boy girl thing..lol. Lots of sticky dust your way!!!!!!!

Jacksmom said...

They look great! Good luck on the sanity in the tww!

Patience said...

Here from ICLW.

Congrats on a great transfer! Hoping your 2ww ends on a very positive note!

Ants said...

Ohh Krista I'm so over the moon for you!What beautiful looking embies!I'm sure they're making themselves quite comfy right now, so excited for you!!! xoxo

Jacksmom said...

Sent you a blog award, stop by and pick it up!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Krista!! They really are very nice looking embies. Sending lots of prayer, love and sticky vibes your way.

LeslieGail said...

So cool that we are only a day apart with our transfers! I'll definitely be keeping track of you! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Wifey said...

I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Awards! You can pick up your prize badge at my blog; then keep the nomination train rolling by honoring those blogs that touch your heart!

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! I'm glad things went so smoothly and am sending you good thoughts for a successful cycle!

ICLW #13

Hope said...

Just found your blog today! Glad to hear that your transfer went smoothly...those are some beautiful embryos. Wishing you a BFP!

Annie said...

Your babies look beautiful and those odds look pretty great! So glad you've FINALLY made it to this point. Hoping the news just keeps getting better and better from here on out!

Miss Mac said...

One countdown is behind you and another begins... this time PUPO! Yay! Beautiful pic and I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers your way this 2WW for one or both to snuggle in tight:]

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO KRISTA! The kiddies are home! Good on you for going for 2. Why not, anything to obliterate the never ending journey of ttc. As with Ants, Im praying to high heaven that you will be blessed with baby vomit on your shoulder, a pile of pooey nappies, and a smile as wide as a watermelon slice!

Geez... look at your support! You know your biggest fans are in Australia/New Zealand!!

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

Wow! This is the most comments I've ever seen! Your readers love you! Those are BEAUTIFUL blasts! Remember I had one that was fully expanded and one early blast and now TWO babies on the way! Wishing you lots of luck this cycle!! xoxo

ousoonerchick said...

I am so so so so excited for you!!!!!!!! I feel like it's been forever since you started and since the OHSS (is that right?) stuff. Can't wait two weeks! AHHH

Anonymous said...

YAY! They are beautiful! So excited and hopeful for you - good luck getting through the 2ww, I hope there is an amazing blessing at the end of it! (or maybe 2.) :)

Melissa G said...

Sending you SUPER sticky vibes!

I really hope this is it for you!!!!

(p.s. the cramping is normal, when you get pregnant it'll be there a lot more!)

Jenna said...

Yay! I'm so glad everything went so well! -sends huge sticky vibes-

Kristen {www.buckupbuttercup.net} said...

Congrats on everything going so well! So happy for you! Wow, 4 months is a long time to be wrapped up in this process.
Hope you're doing OK with the 2WW.
xo

Krissi McVicker said...

I got pregnant with my b/g twins on my last FET so maybe that will be the same for you too! I am so excited for you! I just added your link to my awesome blogs but maybe soon I can transfer it over to my successful list!! Happy ICLW!

China Doll said...

Just stopping by from ICLW.. have caught up on your journey and excited to be here on such an amazing day! Hope your 2WW goes smoothly and you get that well deserved BFP :)

Krissi McVicker said...

I just gave you an award! Stop by my home page (at Stress Free Infertility) to see! And good luck again!

Baby Hopes said...

Congratulations!!! They are absolutely beautiful!!! What precious little ones! I'm so glad they're at home in you. I hope you're able to rest well! :)

Angela and David said...

Good luck! I am also in my 2ww. I transferred 2 on Wednesday as well. I am going CRAZY already and still have more than a week left.

Mrs. R said...

Awww, so exciting! So glad it all went well!

Sidu said...

i am soooo happy for you. i ve my fingers crossed . It ll happen... with sooo many of us having positive thoughts for you, how can it not be.... It WILL Happen !!! yipeeee

Kelli said...

Here from ICLW..wishing you all the best!!!!!! Beautiful picture!