First of all, I want to give a HUGE thanks to my girl, Caroline (a real life, very fertile friend!) This week she sent me a personalized apron with a picture of my dog and I on it....it says "World's Greatest Cane Corso." It came totally unexpected and more than touched my heart. She knows how much I love my dog (even when I want to drop him out the window) and also being in the kitchen, so thought the gift fit me perfectly...which it does. Thanks babe....you rock my world!
I decided I really wanted to write this post because sometimes I think I am unworthy of the amazing love, support and kindness I have been shown through this process. I honestly don’t know what I’ve done to deserve such kindness and support. My heart is overflowing from the love of not only my “real life” friends but the support and love of the fertility community as a whole.
Each day my “follower” count goes up…just a bit. I had 4 followers going into my IVF cycle. In 2009 I wrote posts but I felt like I was writing them to myself….I knew no one was reading them, and maybe I wasn’t ready for anyone to read them. In 2010, I rarely wrote in this blog. After my 4 failed IUI's….I was emotionally exhausted. I needed some time to be a bit “inward,” concentrating on myself and how was I feeling. There were so many questions I needed answers to: Was I truly ready to become a mom or did I just want to “win” a pregnancy, was I really ready for IVF and all that comes with that, how did I feel about others' pregnancies….could I be truly happy for them, how strong was I…really, could my marriage make it through the process, is my marriage stronger than the whole of my pain and anguish, did our love outweigh all else, could I support others in their journey or was I only strong enough to limp through my own journey, what did motherhood mean to me, would we be good parents? I had to accept (in my heart) that I would not end up like my sister (a single mother,) that my DH was not going anywhere, that we were in this together. There were so many things I needed to work out in my own head and my heart before I could move forward with more treatment.
In the end, I WAS able to answer these questions, and I was able to find the strength I needed to start the most difficult part of this journey. It took about 9 months to work through these things, but in the end….I came out stronger than ever....and part of that strength came from admitting that I was vulnerable and then being okay with showing that vulnerability. I realized that yes, I could truly be happy for others, but that it is okay to be selfish when I need to be, that it was okay to have my moments of sadness and even anger…that these things don't make me weak. I realized that I was going to listen to my own heart, embrace my feelings and not push myself to do things I wasn’t comfortable with. I realized that I could continue this journey…but I would listen to my heart every step of the way. I realized how strong my marriage really was, and that yes, I truly wanted to be a mom and I will be a GOOD one!
What I am trying to say is that at the end of 2010 I was ready to not only continue my journey to motherhood, but I was ready to share my journey and share IN this journey with others, because I understood myself better. Since then, I have been shown such amazing amounts of love...more than I ever dreamed of. This love gives me the extra strength to keep fighting this fight. My husband is the first person I want to point out because without him showing me that he is WITH me…that he is not going anywhere, that he truly signed up for forever, I’m not sure I could have continued on. He takes such good care of me and our house when there has been times through this journey that I simply could not. He is going to be an amazing father.
Many real life friends (some very unexpected) have shown amazing amounts of love and respect for my journey. Though I sometimes do not share every single detail of this journey with them, and sometimes I am beyond selfish, most have been kind, inquisitive and most of all…supportive. Thank you to those of you who take the time out of your day to read this blog, keep up with my journey, and send me messages of love and support...it really means a lot to me.
This community has been my “rock” through this process. Sometimes your guys’ comments bring me to tears, and I truly can't believe how many I receive sometimes....it feels like a hug each time I receive one. I recently acquired a new follower who told me that my blog gives her the strength to keep fighting for what she wants, when her friends in real life just don’t “get it.” I realized that this blog has not only gotten me through some really tough times, but it has helped others get through their tough times too….what an amazing feeling. If I can help just one person make this journey even a tiny bit more bearable, then I've accomplished way more than I even set out to do here. You guys make me laugh, make me cry, humble me, show me you completely understand, validate my feelings, make me stronger, and touch my heart and soul with your amazing courage. I feel the bond we all have.
Mrs. Thompson who has already been through the worst thing I could imagine shows such an amazing amounts of compassion and strength, she feels like a sister to me, and with her support I feel like I can truly continue this fight (you know I love you, JL.) Chon, Tee and many others who came to my rescue when I was attacked by “anonymous” commenters after having a bad day and just trying to vent my feelings...what would I have done without you? Tee, I can't wait for my special dance you are rehearsing! Clewis who made me laugh hysterically by putting out her “fanny fire” with yogurt and a baby tub….I’ll never forget that post and how good it felt to laugh. NewYearMum is also similar to Mrs. Thompson in many ways….been through the worst thing I could imagine, but somehow finds the strength to not only continue the fight, but to show so much love and compassion, and each time I read her comments my heart is warmed because I know she is rooting for me. Wonder Woman who is a true woman of God in every sense…and brings me back down to reality each time I read her blog. Miss Mac, Lori, Cherbear, Ants (uhhhh......do I see a theme here, yes yes I do (Cher, and I think you and I are next!)) and so many more......you guys inspire me each day, and sometimes I just can’t wait to get to my blog to share with you and read up on how you guys are doing. Thank you to my regular commenters who give me that extra boost each day to keep fighting……Renee, Athena, staciek, Marianne, MrsLemon, RMCarter/Michelle, Sara (twin boys!,) Tanya, Kristen (so thinking of you right now,) Mrs.BabyDream, Bella, Kerrik, Kathleen/Tippy, Lisa, Jen, kkasun, Summarstarlet, Annie, Rosachka, Liz, DINK, Amy, Gurlee, A, Joey, Baby Steps, LC, Cheers, The C's, Cat Lady, Baby Hopes, Cori, Cortney, Shannon, Angie, Goldie, Noelle, hopeisafourletterword, Marilyn, oursoonerchick, Serenitynow, Foxy, Josey, Nic, Maria, Melissa, Nikki, Jacksmom, Coakley, new followers and so many more (I know I'm missing some)…I love you guys!
Thank you everyone for the amazing love you have shown me….by reading my blog, by sending me things, by leaving me comments, by calling, by texting, by asking questions, by emailing. I am truly not worthy of your love, but I’ll take it anyway, because honestly I don’t know where I would be without it. However this two week wait ends, and whatever happens…I know you guys will be here to support me whether it be through a pregnancy or more fertility treatments. That gives me so much comfort…even though I still have a lot of fighting to do…I am not alone.

26 comments:
We are happy to be here! I have a great feeling for you this cycle.
Thinking and praying for you everyday.... Really hoping this is it for you! :)
So sweet! I love sharing in this journey with you. It makes every difference to be surrounded by a community of women that are so supportive and so understanding. I'm hoping and praying that this round brings your child(ren) into your arms! Much love -
You've got at right! You are so not alone! And I hope you know what an amazing inspiration you have been for all of us who read your blog!! Thank you so much for sharing your journey (the good and the bad because that is what is real!!) I know inam thankful to have met you enough the bloggie world!! PS: I have the BEST feeling that this is THE cycle for you :)
Thank you for the comment and follow! I will be following you back!
brought tears to my eyes!!!!!
I honestly find myself giddy when I see you've posted an update, b/c I feel akin to you. I just want this to work for you!!!! Thanks for the shoutout and wow, I hope you are right, hehe.
Thanks. Glad I can make you laugh. Lets hope this time round the pessaries dont cause me so much trouble!
I think we all could write a post similar to this. :) As awful as this IF journey is, I'm so grateful to have found a community of women that is so amazingly supportive and wonderful. Glad we can be here for each other!!
This is such a wonderful community!!! I love this post adn I am so glad you have found such an amazing support system, and you do deserve to be a mom and you will be a great one (hopefully soon)!!!!
Why are makin me cry??! That was really sweet hon. Thanks! We all love you and were apart of this family we don't want to be apart of but are. haha You are strong and you can do this!!! I can't wait till next week to hear your new!
You got me teary eyed! What a wonderful post. Thanks in return for always supporting me too girl! Love ya!
Ahhhh you just got me totally choked up! I was NOT. READY. You are awesome. you deserve the best this life has to offer and it's been an honor just to be a reader. You were one of the first few commenters I had, and I was always surprised when you came back day after day to check on me! If i said a single thing to make a single one of your days better I feel very special. (((hug)))
I am incredibly touched to be your post!! Its people like you that make me like blogging! Oh honey I hope this it!!
Wow.. It's the honesty and openness of your heart that keeps us here and we always send our live and support and absolute brilliant dance moves. Krista, thank you for all of your support and laughs. We are in this battle together and let's just pray we are rewarded with those bundles, or maybe 2 in your case!!!!! By the sounds of this post, your emotions are roaring... Could this be it luv???
You've been a great support for me too! If we can't be there to support each other through this roller coaster ride, regardless of the outcome for each of us, then how can we expect anyone else to support us when we need them? Thanks for the shout out!
I can't imagine going through all of this without this amazing community! I'm so glad I'm able to read your words and deepest thoughts and be able to follow along in your journey. I'm sooo hoping this is it for you!
And I am sure that we could all write a very similar post to include you in our list of thank yous!! It is such a rough ride, I am so glad we all have each other to lean on!!! Still sending positve vibes your way!
You are such a sweetheart! I know exactly what you mean in this post. You all are my girls and the ones I can't wait to share things with. Not only do ya'll hold me afloat - you also provide such a great deal of motivation. We are all blessed to have one another through this. Lots of love to you - I am really praying for you!
You made me really happy Krista!
(Which I needed as I lay here in bed refusing to let AF pay her untimely visit. Like gravity is going to stop it...)
I don't know what I'd do without this community. I don't know what I'd do without you - the person who understands it the very best for me. You're a rock and I appreciate you! You play your twin role very well. :)
You rock Krista! I was one who discovered your blog after the anonymous arsehole commment (via Chon) It gives me absolutle pleasure to support you on this journey. I wish I had blogged during mine because the support on here is immeasurable. Thank you for the shout out and especially for making an effort in visiting and commenting on my blog. Athena xox (I hope your emotional state is gearing towards good news for you!)
Thinking of you in your 2WW! Are you going to poas, or hold out until the blood draws? Not sure if things have changed, but CRA wouldn't tell me my results until the second beta. I caved at 7dp5dt and poased. I have a good feeling for this cycle, but I'll be here for you either way!
What a beautiful post... your words have brought be to tears. Thank you for being one of the many bloggers who inspired me to start my blog... and reading your posts/comments that are so full of love and determination has been a great help to me. Most of all, you are a very strong woman and will make a great mother... all the soul searching that you write about will get you a long way and your future little ones will be so lucky to have you as their mum. Love to you always xoxo
When you're walking one of the hardest roads in life, it is so comforting to know you are not alone. Many have walked before you, are following you, and walking right beside you. Your determination and faith inspires me.
you are truly welcome! and big heart felt thank you right back to you. hoping for some fantastic news for you today.
I tried to read this post the other day at work and I got interrupted. When I got back on today I just read your most recent post until you commented that I should go back and read this. I am truly humbled by your kind words. You know I couldn't have gotten through the OHSS without you. You are my inspiration!!! Hang in there girl and remember that you have a ton of extra prayers going out for you and the hubby! I CANNOT wait until Tuesday!!!!
Not much longer until your big beta day - SOOO hoping it's great news! It is amazing how much difference it makes to connect with other people just over the internet. And pretty cool to think the people all over the country and beyond are cheering you on!
Post a Comment