I’m not gonna lie…it’s really been a terrible week.
Between the pulled muscle in my back that happened on Saturday night/Sunday morning-ish….I came down with a horrible cold. I was really tired on Sunday for some reason, to the point where I put my head down on a throw pillow on the couch after the back accident and before I knew it I was drooling all over the pillow and couldn’t scrape myself off the couch. Then, on Monday morning I woke up achy with a scratchy throat, but just thought it was because I overdid it over the weekend. However, I woke up Tuesday morning with a full-on sore throat, achy all over, congestion, etc. I thought about calling in sick on Tuesday…but I peeled myself out of bed and went, since fertility has stolen all of my sick and vacation time. Thank goodness I have FMLA for anything fertility related…but this was not related so I couldn’t even use that. I knew I was fighting a fever all day because I was alternating being really hot and sweaty to then having the chills. I didn’t sleep real well on Tuesday night at all…..I wasn’t happy about all the drugs I had to put into my body before I went to sleep…..my normal vitamin regimen, my Metformin, my first injection of lupron, my birth control pill, my blood pressure med, then 3 ibuprofen for the backache and a nasal decongestant. I had also had a cup of coffee (I quit coffee over a year ago) that afternoon because I could barely keep my eyes open at work and I had a Junior League meeting after work that I had to be awake for. So, I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep and my heart was racing (probably from the caffeine and the decongestant,) my nose was stuffed up, and my back hurt. My husband threatened to go sleep in the guest room because I was keeping him awake from blowing my nose so much, and he had to get up early to fly out the next morning. I finally got the nose under control with some nose spray. I think I finally drifted off to sleep sometime after midnight. Last night, I slept a bit better....at least I fell asleep quickly, but then woke up around 2am with nausea! If it's not one thing....it's another! Bleh!
Today, feeling slightly better. I think the fever is gone now. My backache is really feeling a lot better too. I definitely think my body was trying to tell me something….slow the F down!! I’ve been in a mad frenzy over the last few weeks trying to get the house ready for the transfer (i.e. a possible pregnancy,) plus finishing up my requirements for my Junior League year, and of course a full time job, house, husband, dog, etc. and not getting enough sleep. Okay body….I learned my lesson…I will slow down! In fact…this weekend I plan to get in as much rest as possible! I am just thankful that the transfer was not this week like it was supposed to be…that would have been terrible timing, and I'm glad that I learned that I need to slow down BEFORE the transfer…..lots of lessons learned this week. Rome was not built in a day, Krista!!
Two injections of lupron are complete…not nearly as exciting as when I started the lupron injections in December, but oh well, I am an old pro at this now….ha! Three more birth control pills to take then I’ll be IN my cycle that my transfer is taking place in!!!!!
Three weeks exactly you guys!!! I just realized that in less than a week I'll be going in for my initial blood draw for my cycle and then starting my FET meds! OMG!!!

14 comments:
I hope you feel better soon! I am sending you lots of luck and all the best for your next cycle! And I totally hear you on our bodies trying to tell us to slow down, hope you can take some time to take care of YOU!
Thanks so much for your kind words today:)
Sorry you have been feeling so yucky! Enjoy your restful weekend because 3 weeks will be here before you know it!!
I'm so excited. I'm so excited. I'm so excited. I'm so excited. I'm so excited...
Three weeks!!! Very exciting!!! Looking forward to hearing how it goes!!!
oh man I could feel the sickness pouring out of your post. I feel the need to use some hand sanitizer now. hehe Hope you feel better Krista!
WHOA!!! TAKE IT EASY!!! i hope you feel better soon. that was quite a pharmeceutical cocktail you whipped up. lol 3 weeks!!! I'll let u know when i get my calendar. We may be real cycle buddies.
Only a few more weeks until things can turn around in a big way! You can make it!
Sorry to hear about the hell you went through and wishing you a calm and zen weekend. 3 weeks to go - the count down is on! Hoping and wishing for a wonderful outcome :-)
I am on pins and needles! Sorry you had a rough week and I hope things are going better.
Fingers crossed for your FET!!
Sorry you've been sick and glad to hear you're on the upswing. Wow, 3 weeks...it's soooo close! Excited for you!
-Kristen from www.buckupbuttercup.net
Sorry to hear that you've been sick... sounds like a nasty bug :( Great that it's only 3 weeks :)) Not long now.... cycling together sister :)) Lots of love xoxo
Sorry about your terrible week. :( I hope you feel better really, really soon!
First off, loved LOVED your comment today on my blog post, just what I needed! Thank you! Second, I'm so sorry your sick! When I did my IVF cycle I got so sick while on Lupron. Its not fun. I hope you get better soon! At least its b4 your transfer, so you'll be nice and healthy for your embies!! And third, sooooo excited for you! Its finally almost time for your embies to go to their home in your tummy! Yay! Praying everything goes as planned for you :)
Sounds like you had a doozie of a week! Hope you are feeling much better. Three weeks!! How exciting! Sending you lots of good vibes!
Post a Comment