I am LOVING all of my new commenters...how fun is this?! New friends...yippee!!!
Tomorrow morning I have my nurse consult to go over the exact protocol for the FET. I am thinking it is going to be 100 times easier than the IVF protocol, so I’m not too worried about it. Birth control, overlap with lupron injections, end birth control, continue lupron injections, start my cycle, blood work, start the rest of the drugs...folgard, prescription prenatal, estrogen patches, aspirin, methylpred, estradiol, then monitor with ultrasounds and blood for 2 weeks.....and then the transfer of a beautiful embryo created 3 months ago in a special lab on the 21st!....then start endometrium suppositories, the hcg booster shots, and PRAY like there's no tomorrow! Vada Boom....Vada Bang! Is THAT all it takes to make a baby?! Well, why didn't anyone tell me that 3 years ago!!? HAHAHA! Geez.....
Is there any questions that you can all think of that I should ask tomorrow? I am putting my list together, such as when will my beta be after the transfer, how did they freeze my embryos (in ones or twos,) etc.
On Tuesday I start the lupron injections again….yippee…..menopause again! Between the side effects from the birth control, the metformin and then the lupron, I'm going to be a hot mess! If I were people in my life I'd steer clear of me until at least one of those is discontinued! I may be back to somewhat normalcy when I discontinue the birth control on April 3rd. At least this time I’ll know when AF is arriving, so I won't get crazy over her standing me up for weeks on end! The worst part is waiting for that knock on my door. I know the knock will come promptly on April 3rd this time around. And, there is no question when the transfer is taking place! So, no reason to feel crazy, right?! Nope, not at all....

18 comments:
Good luck at your appointment! So glad you have dates! Yay!
-Kristen from www.buckupbuttercup.net
So excited for you about the FET consult! Yay for us having super exciting appointments tomorow!! Hoping they go well for us. Can't wait to hear what your nurse says. Good luck!
Wishing you the best on your FET!!
Krystal
ICLW #49 Buzz Off Infertility
Questions you already have look good. You may want to make sure your own doctor will be doing the transfer. and if you're neurotic like me you'd ask what possible scenarios would cause them to cancel the cycle. But since you are normal...i wouldnt suggest asking that. LOL
This really is all so exciting.Are you transferring a single embryo?
So interesting you are on lupron for your FET. I wasn't, but may ask to be for this next cycle (once we get to do it). It will be one of the many questions I will be asking at our follow up appointment!
Good luck with everything. Thank you so much for you sweet comment today.
Ask if they want you to take a Vicodin before your transfer. My RE always has us take one half hour before - I guess it makes for a relaxed uterus.
Hope the appointment all goes well and you get all the answers to your questions. Since I haven't been through a FET yet I can't really give any guidance around what you should ask. I am seeing a new doctor today and will be asking him a million and one questions too! I know I am curious about how well the thawing process goes and what the chances are of losing any of our precious frosties..not sure if this is important for you to know too.
Good luck! xx
Yippee it's all coming up quite fast for you now!Not long to go and you'll be on your way and ready for transfer, will be watching and waiting and hoping like crazy for you, all the best! xxx
FETs are sooo much easier than fresh cycles! Yea!! Wishing you luckity luck....thinking of you.
You've got every right to feel crazy... this IVF is utter craziness :)) Great to be getting so close and hope your appt goes well... if this cycle doesn't work out for me, I'll be asking plenty of questions - including what quality were the embryos that are frozen (they don't seem to tell you at my clinic before they are frozen) and what are the chances they'll survive the 'thaw' (we were originally told 90 - 95% but just wanting to check). Thinking of you for you appt... FX'd xoxo
I'm excited for you!!!!
Your questions sound awesome. Hope you get some good answers
Best of luck!!
Ha! Love the comment about Lupron. Isn't that the truth? It sounds like you are thoroughly organized and prepared. Best of luck!!!
I'm so glad you're getting closer! Good luck at your consult and enjoy your last weekend before the menopause med, ugh!
Those appointments are so exciting (just had mine today)!!! The transfers for my fresh cycle and your FET are just a few days apart!!!
Good luck!!!
Krista, cannot wait for your blog entries in the midst of the drugs! They will be rippers! Not long.. and thanks for your continued support.
Here's to sticky snowbabies!
You must be so excited to be so close! I haven't had a FET yet so I give much advice. Just enjoy being PUPO!
Post a Comment