Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 25, 2011

FET Nurse Consult: Check!!

Well, I had my FET nurse consult today. I was bummed that "my" nurse, was on her honeymoon and wasn't able to meet with me. Funny how we get so attached to these nurses! But, all went well and it was pretty straight forward.

Thanks for all of your help on questions I should ask, I came locked and loaded with my list of questions!! I have my protocol now, I have all of my questions answered, I have all of the meds in my hot little hands and I am ready to rock and roll!!

Through the consult I just kept thinking "suppository hell." Not only will I start the estrace vaginally on cycle day one of my cycle, but I will also start the endometrin suppositories THREE times a day once we do the transfer (and continue the estrace through the month!) That's a lot to put up my hoo ha for an entire month! Plus, the lupron injections of course, which I will discontinue once we do the transfer.  Then the baby asprin, the folgard, the prenatals, the medrol/methylpred starting on cycle day one, and don't forget the 4 climara patches I'll have strategically placed on my body until May 7th!!  Plus, I have to do FOUR HCG booster injections. Lord, please don't let me mess this up!

I asked to speak to one of the embryologists so that I could fully understand the quality of my embryos. I knew I had 4 AA embryos frozen on day 5. But, wasn't sure about the 3 others because they were frozen on day 6 and I wasn't 100% sure what the quality was.

So, the embryologist brought me pictures of my 7 embryos.

I cried.

Yep, it's officially...I am a  hot mess and I haven't even had my transfer yet! They were just so perfect, and they were MINE. Not all were AA....we had a few AB's mixed in, which she assured me were just as good as the AAs!! I asked about the other 25 embryos that fertilized but were not kept, she said that most of them were AC, BC, etc. quality and since I had 7 "awesome" AA or AB embryos, they chose not to keep anything that was not an AA or AB.

I just kept crying. Why?! She kept hugging me and saying "oh don't cry." I just couldn't help myself, darn it! I got in the car and I still couldn't stop!

Anyway, I am so ready for this and my appointment today really hit things home for me.....this IS happening, almost nothing can cancel this for me.

For those of you that have not been through the IVF process, I've included some simple info below on embryo quality, just in case you are curious!

ICM Grade, Inner Cell Mass Quantity:
( quality of the fetus)

A Many cells, tightly packed
B Several cells, loosely grouped
C Very few cells

TE Grade, Trophectoderm quality:
(quality of the placenta)

A Many cells, forming a cohesive layer
B Few cells, forming a loose epithelium
C Very few large cells

13 comments:

Angie said...

Yay for progress! Knowledge is power, and you seem to have gotten a "brain full." Glad your consult was so productive. Oh, and thanks so much for your support. It means so much to me to have such awesome "strangers" in my life!

clewis said...

thats great that you have had such great news. seems like more of a reality for you now!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

HAPPINESS!

I got excited again just reading this. Now I want a photo (did they give you a copy of yours?). It's real - it's happening - it's going to be...awesome.

Which is totally what we deserve.

The Cat Lady said...

Great to hear that it's all going forward and it's really happening. I got teary eyed when I read that you cried...we are all a hot mess. Looking forward to hearing your progress!

kkasun said...

Wow, I am so excited for you! In some ways it seems like it is coming up so fast, but in others, it feels like you started this forever ago!
Either way, I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Andi said...

It is good that you are gaining the weight that you wanted to (from your 2011 goal list). I like that you make sure to keep the momentum of your goals going. Hugs.

DandelionBreeze said...

Fantastic news about all your little embryos... understandable to cry - your their mum :)) Good luck for your cycle... with you all the way and thank you so much for all your support on my blog xoxo

ousoonerchick said...

I can't wait for you to have your FET so I can't even imagine how your feeling!!! I hope this is it for you guys!!! Have ya'll decided on how many??

Damita said...

Yay!! Good luck :)

Annie said...

So glad you're moving forward after such a hard wait. Shots and suppositories are nothing compared to the hell of just waiting!

Kristen {www.buckupbuttercup.net} said...

I think it's so sweet and totally appropriate that you cried. Those are your little babies! And have you considered making a spreadsheet to keep track of all your meds? I did that and it gave me lots of peace of mind that I wasn't missing anything...I could just cross each thing off the list as I did it and I had visual proof I wasn't messing anything up.
Best of luck in the coming weeks!
-Kristen for www.buckupbuttercup,net

Miss Mac said...

I predict more happy tears in your future when one or more of those perfect embryos leads to a BFP! Yay, wish you all the best!!!

Marianne said...

OMG I would so cry too. Here's to a few sticking!!!!