Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Blahs...A Rambling Kind of Post

We woke up to a snow storm in Denver this morning. I know I should be happy about this because we’ve gotten so little this year, we need the moisture badly! But, on a Monday morning…ugh! The snowflakes coming down are the size of cotton balls!

I threw out my back…I am officially an old lady at the age of 32. On Saturday, I decided to do one of my work-out DVDs which had to be dusted off because it hasn’t seen the inside of the DVD player since before all of the IVF craziness. I don’t know if any of you have heard of the Beach Body work-outs, but I like them…they are fun and a good work-out. Well, I decided to go ahead and do one of the work-outs called “Rockin Body.” I was doing okay, but about 30 minutes in I just felt like I couldn’t go any further….I was pooped! I woke up Sunday morning and while I was a little sore, I felt like I could probably do another 30 minute work-out. Well, before I got to that on Sunday….we took the dog on our usual 3 mile walk, and then I got wild hair up my butt to start organizing the basement and looking for stuff to put in our garage sale coming up in May. I was stupid and decided to move some of my husband’s weights….before I knew it, I had thrown out my back and was on the couch the rest of the afternoon! My Rockin Body was one Broken down body! I think my back was already tired out from the work-out the day before and then the lifting of the weights and other things just did me in. Now…my lower back is on fire…Happy Monday!!!

On other news, I think we got the bed situation figured out, and I am sleeping again! Our memory foam topper was delivered on Thursday which helps tons!! Also, Macy’s agreed to let me return the sandpaper sheets. I wanted to thank everyone for the advice on softening them up. Unfortunately, the issue is that they have tiny painted-on flowers on them which is causing the stiffness and itchiness and I don’t think any amount of fabric softer, washing, drying or vinegar is going to help. So, we found some nice 500 thread count sheets from Target which are much softer and I think the color goes well. So, at least the bed situation is figured out…one less thing for me to worry about! Sleep is awesome!

Finally, onto fertility news:

1. I start Lupron injections tomorrow
2. I take my last birth control pill on Saturday
3. My ticker says I am 3 weeks and 3 days until our transfer!!

Happy last day of ICLW!

15 comments:

Bird said...

Yikes!!! Sorry about your back. :(

I do Brazilian butt lift dvd's from the beach body collection! I love them.

Cortney said...

So sorry to hear you're hurting! Hopefully you'll feel better after some rest today!

Glad you got the sheet situation figured out so you can sleep again!

Cherbear said...

3 weeks, 3 days is AWESOME!! I wish I knew when my cycle was going to start cuz I would be counting down with you!

Gurlee said...

Woo-hoo! Three weeks, 3 days!
Hope your back feels better.

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

I'm totally laughing becuase I jacked my back up on Saturday....swimming!

We've really got to stop this twin routine. It's getting eerie. :)

marilyn said...

wow!! That is coming up!!! Lupron shots!! :( let me know how the side effects are..I am not looking forward to that next Monday! Good for you for getting back to working out. OOh...sounds like your body was in shock!!!

Ants said...

Oh no sorry to hear about your back-I have put mine out numerous times and it's the pits!3weeks and 3 days is not long to go at all Krista yippee!xo

hopeisafourletterword said...

Congrats on starting Lupron tomorrow, the three weeks is going to fly by, I feel like mine went so fast and I ended up stimming extra days!

Amy said...

So excited for your FET to start! I hope your back gets feeling better before your transfer.
So glad you got the bed fixed. Sleeping makes such a difference. Just 3w3d!!!

Miss Mac said...

Sorry to hear about your back but at least you've got the comfy bed worked out so you can get good rest to help your back get better! I would tell you that three weeks will be here before you know it if I was not in the darn 2WW! Seriously, I hope the time passes quickly until this FET!

Ordinary Girl said...

I hope you're feeling better. Hopefully the next few weeks will go by quickly! I have to say, that we have a memory foam topper for our bed and it's amazing. I've never been more comfortable in my life. That moment that I hit the bed, my whole body is happy. So nice! Good luck to you!

ICLW#137

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your FET! I am in the process of my 3rd FET this month so here's to hoping we get great results soon.

DandelionBreeze said...

Fantastic... 3 weeks 3 days will pass so quickly :)) Sorry that your back is hurting... hopefully the new bed top and sheet with improved sleep will help. Not long now until your transfer... great news xoxo

Summastarlet said...

Ouch! I hope your back gets better soon!

Very exciting that you are closing in on the last few weeks before your transfer. I hope time passes quickly for you! xx

Stacey said...

Hi!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Wishing you the best of luck with your upcoming FET, I'll be sure to check in for some news!! Hope your back feels better and you can get a good nights sleep!