Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 12, 2011

IVF #1 FET #2 CD 7

I'm back from my 4 day weekend, and I am TIRED! I know I should feel rested, but I had to get up super early this morning to drop DH off at his weeklong bike race, then drive over 4 hours home, unpack, start laundry, etc. I feel like I need a vacation from my vacation now! Hopefully, I can get a good night’s sleep tonight and feel rested for the week. We did have a nice, relaxing weekend, so I can't complain....but I feel like I need one more day before going back to work.

Just a quick update:

On Wednesday, I worked a half day then went to go see my new acupuncturist. I should mention here that this is not my first time doing acupuncture. I did it for 8 or 9 months in 2010 when we were trying on our own between treatments. So, none of this was new to me. And, frankly…I’m not sure I buy into the whole acupuncture thing…but I am desperate and have heard it can increase your chances of your embryo implanting by a good percentage…so I thought I’d give it a shot….one session right before transfer and then one a few days later. So, the consultation on Wednesday went well…she did a session complimentary just to make sure I would be okay with it since I did start getting anxiety towards the end of my acupuncture treatments last year. I liked the acupuncturist and after talking to her for about 20 minutes....she had me pegged pretty well. How I have anxiety not only about my own life, but about other people's lives around me. How I take on other people's pain and make it my own...how I can't hear about what others are going through and then let it slide off my back and not think about....I internalize everything. I knew this about myself and it is something I am working on, because I know I can't take on other people's pain and emotional turmoil, on top of my own....while going through this. The acupuncture went well, I felt very relaxed during the session, I did have a bit of anxiety, but I was able to push it away pretty easily.

On Friday, I got a call from my nurse...my CBC and homeocysteine levels came back fine....I am okay to start the lovenox injections. Speaking of lovenox....that test came back the same as the first time, so I still need the lovenox. Luckily, Jessica Anna told me about a facebook group called "Give Away Acosta" where IVF girls come together and sell and donate unwanted IVF meds. Thank the lord that two girls from that group came into my life and offered me lovenox at a MUCH cheaper price than the pharmacies! Two girls from the group are each sending me 2 boxes (to start out with.)  Thank the lord for the kindness and generosity of these girls. DH and I are so relieved that we'll be able to afford this treatment! I finally feel at peace with all of this...and that is HUGE for me!

So, things are still moving along and I am feeling better and better about this cycle. I feel like by doing the acupuncture and the lovenox...we MAY have the upper hand on infertility. At least that is what I am telling myself so that I can muster up the strength to do this again. We are just a little over a week away now. I have another blood test tomorrow morning and then my lining check on Wednesday...after that I'll start the PIO shots....ugh ugh ugh!

I have my first fertility support group meeting here in Denver tomorrow (Monday) night.) I am looking forward to that. I am hoping to meet some girls here in my area that are going through (or have been through) similar struggles.  I love all of my online support, but I think talking with girls face to face will be really good for me. I'll let you all know how it goes!

I'll update again on Wednesday after my lining check. I am also going to put up a post about the things I am doing differently this transfer. I figure that if we do get our BFP that it might help others, and also I like to note this stuff down for my own records.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday afternoons!!!!!  I am off to get myself groceries for the week....I hope to catch up with all of you this week!!!

10 comments:

Kristen {www.buckupbuttercup.net} said...

Glad everything is going so well and that your transfer is almost here. That's so great you've gotten help with the meds. Looking forward to seeing your list of things you're doing differently. Fingers crossed for you!
xo

E and R said...

What a relief to get help with the meds! I know what you mean about needing a vacation from your vacation - I felt that way when I got back from Colorado last week. Hoping that this cycle gets you your BFP!! Fingers are crossed for you!

Marissa said...

What a neat website! I'll be checking it out soon. (Fingers crossed for Crinone!) i'm glad you had a good vacation--hope you're resting now!

Anonymous said...

After all this time I've never heard of that site....best of luck :)

Jessica Anne said...

I'm so glad the people on Facebook came through for you! There are some very generous women out there! =)

Chon said...

Pio shots ouch!! Hope you enjoyed your weekend xx

Kelli said...

Krista--we're almost there!! I have been looking around for accupuncture people and am going to ask my cousin who is a chiro if he knows of anyone...otherwise it's a shot in the dark. An acquaintance gave me the name of a person but I'm intimidated since I would have to get a translator as they only speak Korean! My doc isn't a huge advocate of it but I keep thinking it can't hurt. We'll see what I find! Thanks for mentioning the site, I've never heard of it either...I have some leftover stuff I would be happy to give away! =0) Cheers!

marilyn said...

WOW- what a great website..I might just check it out. I wish I could donate mine..but there is not much left. I hope this cycle is smooth and positive for you:)

Unknown said...

Welcome home Krista! That is AWESOME, AWESOME you found that group! What a great way to cut costs! You are well on your way and I am SO excited for you! *fingers crossed*

Baby Hopes said...

I'm so glad that you found the facebook group --- what an awesome way for those of us in this community to support one another! Hope your support group goes well and that acupuncture continues going well!