Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

IVF #1 FET #2 8DP5DT Spotting....

Well girls, I don't know what is going on. But, I woke up this morning to light brown spotting and it's continued over the last few hours.

I know this can either be a good sign or a really really bad sign, so I am trying not to freak out. I did call the clinic and am waiting for a call back. I think they will probably just tell me that it could be good or bad, so try not to read too much into it.

It looks exactly how it does the day before AF usually arrives.....really light brown old blood. I realize that it may not be AF...and if it was that would be really strange since I am on the PIO shots and you don't get your period when you are on progesterone support. But, who knows?! I know it is still possible and not completely out of the question to start your period on progesterone...it would just be a real bummer because that would indicate that my dosage is probably too low.

My first beta is tomorrow...although they don't usually share the first beta results. However, when I talk to the nurse today I am going to see if they would give them to me. If they are negative, then this is my period starting...and no use and holding it off for four more days if it is trying to show up.

Nothing much else to say at this point, except that I am really really tired and cranky. Which is a PMS or a pregnancy symptoms, it could really go either way at this point.

Update: Just got a call from my nurse. She is pretty sure that my period is not starting, and is attributing the spotting to the embryos trying to implant in the uterus. She says this is very very common. I am trying to believe her and not freak out but it is SO HARD!!!! She said that they will want me to continue all of the meds even after tomorrow's beta (and no...they won't tell me the results.) Ugh ugh ugh!!!!

21 comments:

E and R said...

Ugh! I am so sorry to hear you are having to deal with the spotting! So hard to not worry about it! I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best!

laurieb145 said...

Oh man, that is torture that they won't tell you your results! So sorry that there is spotting involved, it must be so hard to remain positive...My fingers are crossed for you guys!!

Orange Girl said...

I know it will be impossible for you to not think about it, so I won't make any suggestions on that front. But I will say that I think things sound very promising and different from your last try - and different is good!

Marissa said...

Spotting is terrifying and awful. I'm told it's common, that perfectly normal pregnancies have spotting and/or bleeding in the first trimester.

But it's scary as fuck and I'm so sorry for what you're going through!! My spotting this cycle stopped when I added in estrogen and increased my progesterone. We'll see how it all turns out.

Unknown said...

Marissa is right, it is common. Hell.. I STILL have brown spotting! ( i'm told its coming from the cervix) I think it is just implantation bleeding in your case. I wish they would give you the results tomorrow! Let us know, thinking and praying for you!! Stay that positive Krista we know and love!

Lisa said...

When I was pregnant, I started spotting brown for a couple of days when I should've had my period. Try not to get worried, it could be a really good sign!! Fingers crossed for you and your three little embies!

RMCarter said...

I had implantation spotting and it looked that exact same way. Chin up! :)

Mrs. Lemon said...

I had actual brown and bleeding for our BFP!! Woo hoo! Rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

Hoping the spotting is good news... I hope you are able to keep yourself busy for the next few days so you aren't thinking about the results...that is torture that they won't share the results with you!

Jacksmom said...

It could go either way. Why wont they share the first beta results? That doesn't make any sense to me. I had spotting for 4 days during our first ivf cycle and i was convinced we were out until it stopped 2 days before my beta. Hang in there!

tsauber said...

Brown spotting is good-it's when it's bright red that it can be troublesome-but not always! It' sounds like implantation to me. You have a right to your medical records-Hello HIPA-tell the clinic that! They cannot withhold labwork from you (especially if they are charging you for it!), that is just crazy! My doctor sends me an email with lab results as soon as she gets them. I'm still a fan of the old HPT-it's bound to give you a positive by now and then you can stop worrying about it so much. :)

B- said...

Hoping this is a good sign! Fingers crossed for you!!!

Chon said...

I hope your nurse is on the money! Only a few more days babe you can do it :)

Jen said...

Ugh, krista I don't know how you are holding it together! I would be begging for those beta numbers!! But, they have to know what they are doing and doing it for the right reason!! Hoping you can stay super busy! I agree with the other girls, I think the brown spotting sounds like a good thing, especially since you are already on progesterone. Hang in there girl!! Thinking of you!!

Baby Hopes said...

Whoa - I'm shocked that they don't share the beta results with you. What's that about? Hoping that it is your little ones snuggling in!!!

Liz said...

I am thinking of you and hoping all of your signs mean good things. Hoping you get great news soon.

Anonymous said...

Dont freak....keep believing its the babies!!

Kristen {www.buckupbuttercup.net} said...

I'm so sorry, I know it's so incredibly hard and scary to see spotting...but from what I've experienced and heard it is a good sign not a bad sign, like your nurse said embryos IMPLANTING.
Wish I could fast-forward time to your second beta so you know everything is OK. Good luck over next few days. You can do this!!
xo

Kelli said...

thinking good thoughts for you Krista!

Ants said...

Oh my goodness I've missed so much lately! The spotting is so scary...but as most of the others have said...it's definitely not always a bad thing. It's so so frustrating trying to interpret the signs, especially on a medicated cycle. Hang in there honey and I really hope they give you that first beta result, praying for a positive for you xxxooo

Jos said...

Ugh, how frustrating!! Keep your hopes up - this is probably implantation spotting and you're about to tell us about your BFP!!