I wasn’t sure if I was going to put up a post today or not….but thought I’d go ahead and put up a “day before the big day” post.
I am doing good…emotionally, I feel like I am in a much better place than I was exactly 2 months ago (the day before our first transfer.) I don’t feel quite so anxious and nervous…I guess that’s because I know what to expect this time around. Part of it is that last time I just kept thinking “this HAS to work, this has to work!” Now, I am just thinking “it would be great if this worked, but if we have to do another retrieval, then we have to do another retrieval.” However, part of me is just glad to have a few more answers than we did last time. I’m happy to be doing something extra (the lovenox) that might just be the key that unlocks our infertility. I don’t know though…and I am certainly not completely hanging my hat on that, because I’ve had too much disappointment over the past 3 years to think that any “one” thing is our answer…I realize now that there is a series of many many things that has to fall into place…not just one.
I had a really nice weekend this past weekend (other than the sore back-side!) I picked DH up on Friday afternoon (he was gone for 6 days doing a bike ride..crazy, I know.) So, it was great to see him. We drove into the next town from where I picked him up…a very old mining town at the bottom of the Rocky Mountains, called Idaho Springs. They had a super old cool downtown, which we walked around, checked out a few shops and then had lunch. On Saturday, we did some house and yard work together, then Saturday night I went out to fondue dinner with a group of girl friends. These friends are fairly new friends, so they don’t know all of my struggle (they do know we’ve been struggling with infertility, but not IVF details,) which was good because no one felt sorry for me or felt weird around me. We were at the restaurant for over 4 hours…and we had an amazing time!! We laughed so hard, and it felt GOOD! We took a bunch of silly pictures, and overall…just had an extremely nice time together. It was JUST what I needed! On Sunday, DH took off for a mountain bike ride with one of the neighbors, and I eased into my morning…putting some pics up on Facebook from our vacation from last weekend and from the night before, and put up a blog post on our family blog. When DH got home…we went and ran some errands together. The only bad thing that happened was when we were leaving Costco and the elderly lady at the door that checks your receipt as you leave the store asked DH if he was a Father. He was like "uhhh no," and as we walked away I said "thanks for reminding us," and DH said "I know." It put a little damper on my spirit, because I was trying to pretend like another Father's Day wasn't passing by without him being a Father. But, we were able to brush it aside and get on with our day. Later in the day…the neighbor friend and his wife came over for a BBQ….which was really nice too. Overall, it was just a really nice weekend with a little bit of everything. And you know what….I barely thought about infertility and my upcoming transfer hardly at all. Two months ago…I would have been sitting at home stewing, worrying, being anxious. But, this time…I enjoyed my weekend and stayed focus on other things in my life. Now, let’s hope I can keep up this attitude for the next two weeks!
The PIOs are…..well…..as bad as you all said they were going to be. But, DH has been doing an amazing job shooting up my back-side…ha!!! When he does the injection, it really doesn’t hurt that much. Of course, both sides of back-side are extremely sore, but bearable I suppose. What do you guys find more helpful for muscular soreness after PIO....ice or heat? My leg FINALLY started feeling better over the weekend, and I stopped having to limp on it! Yay!!! I realized just how strong we all are for enduring what we are enduring to make our dreams come true. I’m only 4 days into the PIO shots and I am already cranky, and I know there are a lot of you who endured them for weeks on end…so kudos to so many of you!! When I told DH he might be doing this for many weeks into a pregnancy…he was like “oh my gosh!! You chicks are amazing!” Yep, we SURE are, aren’t we?!
There’s been a TON of BFP’s on the blogs lately….Clewis, Renee, Lindsey, Lut and SurlyMama! Congrats to many of my favorite bloggers…as always, you guys give me hope and strength to keep up the fight. Love to each of you and the baby(ies) growing inside you!
There's also many many many of you in the 2WW right now! Sarah, Marissa, Erin, Maria, A. (soon,) Hopeful in Missouri, Sushigirl, Down the Yellow Brick IVF road, Kelli (soon,) ADSchill, Krystyn, Rosachka (soon,) I am thinking of each of you, and hoping you join the girls I just wrote about above VERY soon!!
And, lastly...congrats to Jill on the birth of her beautiful son, Coen!!!

17 comments:
Good luck Krista! I am praying for you and hubby...
I always used heat with the PIO shots. It makes sense because heat helps the oil dispense into your body which could help alleviate some of those big knots it can create on your hips. Plus, it seemed to help when my booty muscles were sore. Good luck to you girlie!!!!
Believe me, I know how bad the PIO can be!! I had to do it daily until 11-12 weeks and by the last injection I had just about had it!! But, the shots are just a little bump in the road to your amazing babies! Also, I love your great attitude about all of this! I seriously think that being more relaxed helped the babies stick around. Good Luck with the transfer tomorrow!! =D
LOVE the positive attitude Krista your the best! Keep it up! GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!! Feel free to e-mail me like mad while on bed rest. Also glad to hear DH made it back from his ride. :) SO EXCITED FOR YOU TOMORROW!
I agree with Lori B. Heat is definitely the way to go. I would sometimes warm up the loaded syringe on a heating pad just before injecting. It goes in a lot easier that way. Good luck!!
So excited for you!!! I will be saying many extra prayers for you tonight, tomm, and through these next 2 weeks. But my prayers will not be asking prayers...they will be prayers of thanksgiving for the miracle(s) He is about to bless you with!!!
Oh and I always had my hubby rub my butt at night :)
Thanks for mentioning me! I so feel like we have our own little community! very cool.And I really think you are next! I really really want this to work for you Krista, you have been so strong and amazing.
Krista - I've been thinking about you! Good luck with your transfer today! I'll be here supporting you for your 2WW. Any chance the doc will let you change over to Endometrin suppositories? My doc says they are just as effective as the shots. Sending babydust your way!
Krista,
Thanks for your well wishes. I am thinking super good thoughts for you today. This WILL be it. I must say, I just love your attitude. I had a nice weekend too. Good luck today with your transfer...I'll be thinking of you today! xoxo
Hope the transfer goes well and results in a happy baby(-ies) for you at the end! I didn't use heat or ice with my PIO, just rubbed vigorously after it was injected. Good luck!!!
I hope your transfer went well today. Best of luck staying relaxed and positive during the 2ww!
Krista, I am thinking of you today and sending you all the good vibes I've got! I really, really hope this is it for you! My transfer is scheduled for tomorrow so I will be (virtually) holding your hand this 2ww:)
HEAT!!!
And a good, deep rub. Like 5 minutes, not just 2 seconds.
Fingers criss-crossed!!
Good Luck Krista! I hope you have a nice smooth transfer!!
Krista, I am SOOOO sorry. I keep forgetting that you went private. I just thought you were taking a ttc and blog break. I am sooo glad I thought to pull your blog up in time to wish you luck with your FET!!!!!! Thinking of you!
We didn't use either heat or cold for the PIO. The biggest help for me was to make sure that Dh rubbed the injection site for a minute (or as long as I could stand it). That helped with soreness. I also had my husband inject one side for as long as I could stand it (usually close to a week or so) so the other side would be soreness free and therefore easier to sleep on! lol.
Thinking good thoughts for you tomorrow. Much love...
Krista - you are just a burst of positive energy! Wishing you nothing but the best on your FET!
Post a Comment