Okay...I know this is not the first time any of you have been to my blog, but in a way I do feel like this is a new blog to me!
First of all, I wanted to thank all of you for the bottom of my heart for "following me over to the other side." I appreciate this more than you know.
While, I'm not sure that I am completely ready to talk about what led me to this decision (I promise to talk about it soon,) I will say that I went back and forth for a few weeks as to whether I was going to keep this blog up or not. There was a lot that went into my decision. The end result was that I did not want to take my blog down, but I knew that I needed to limit who reads me blog.....girls in the IF community only! So, even though it sucks that I will not make "new" fertility friends, I feel like I have a great group of gals here who have been supporting me from the get go. This blog started mostly as a way to document/journal my journey through infertility, and even though it has morphed into something much more, I don't ever want to lose the reason why this blog was originally started.
So, get ready for a lot of open, honest, heartfelt blogging from me because I've really been holding out on all of you! I no longer plan to read my posts over and over again to double and triple check that I am not offending anyone. This is going to be raw, open, honest talk on how I am feeling, what I am going through, what is pissing me off, what is making me grateful, etc. If I'm upset, if I need to vent, if something is bothering me....well I plan to write about it instead of keeping it in because I'd offend someone if I wrote about it.
Sorry to keep you all waiting on the results of my blood tests. I was in a little bit of shock to get the results on Friday, and then have been working on how to coordinate the treatment I will need with my PCP and with Dr. B. As you all know, I've been at this for 3 years...and all of the testing I've ever had has come back "squeaky clean," so I had no reason to believe the testing we had done at the WTF appointment would come out any differently. But, for once....we may have just found an answer, or at least a contributing factor as to why we haven't been able to conceive. I have elevated levels of anticardiolipin, Ab, IgM, Qn 15. I haven't been able to do a ton of research on this but from what I understand it is a blood clotting disorder that is related to your auto-immune response. The treatment for this is to start blood thinning injections the day after my transfer, and then for 12 weeks (if we were to conceive.) I am thankful the treatment is seemingly simple. Who knows if this is the reason why we haven't been able to conceive, but I just feel like it's one more answer that we haven't had. The only thing we can do is hope that this may be the answer and that with treatment we'll FINALLY get pregnant! I'll keep you all updated on that!
Lastly, I've been really bad about commenting lately...but I've been trying my best to keep up with all of you, I promise! I'm afraid my commenting is going to get worse before getting better. The next few weeks are going to be filled with coordinating everything for my next FET, and two small vacations with my husband, but I promise to go back to my normal commenting-self as soon as things slow down. As far as my blog goes....I do plan to post more frequently....so I want you all to know that I do not expect for you to read each and every one of my posts, and I don't expect for you to comment on all of my posts. Feel free to check in on me when you think about it, and comment when something I've said strikes your fancy!!!
I've added a few ways you can contact me (or get to know me better) to the right side of my blog.... I love each of you and am excited for what the future holds for all of us!

10 comments:
Great to be here with you 'on the other side'.... so lovely that you've decided to keep blogging and to say all that you want from now on :) Fantastic that you have an answer and a treatment - great news :)) FXd for your next FET :) Love always xoxo
Im sorry that you have been forced to blog underground, but Im glad I get to tag along.
Glad you get to keep your blog and that you are feeling you can be totally honest! Glad to hear you have some answers with the blood tests. Enjoy your vacations and good luck getting everything organized for your next FET!
xoxo
thanks so much for the invite! I am so happy for you that you may have some answers..hoping this will be it for you guys!!
Thank you for allowing me to continue following your journey. I look forward to getting to know you better as we continue our quest to motherhood. Yay for possible answers and (relatively) simple solutions!
PS: I love your new picture. You look beautiful! :)
http://tanyaslifejourney.wordpress.org
I am taking a small break from everything, just gonna relax and enjoy the summer ;> next august i have an appointment with my dearest doc. he wants to try an experimental ivf on me... I ll know more details about it in August. Its something to do with attaching HCG beads to the embryo that it gains a higher chance of implantation. But b4 that i wanna try out a laparoscopy to check out any endometriosis and also do the bloodwork for immune issues.... i m tired of hearing there is nothing wrong with either of us, but on the other hand i m happy that there is nothing wrong... arrrrrgh i sound so confused, dont I ? ;> sometimes thats just how i feel. But there i go on and on about me ;> All i wanted to say was Krista, I am so glad you decided to live your life, this is a part of our life, all we can do is research , endure and survive and oneday ( hopefully soon ) :> we ll b on the other side of this struggle and this ll have made us all better moms .
I feel sorta special to be able to read a private blog...like I'm in a secret club or something. :-) Oh, and I am in a very similar boat as you in that I just found out I have a clotting disorder that will require injections for my next cycle. Can't wait ot "compare notes" so to speak. Best wishes, and have fun on vacation!
as someone who found my support in boards rather than blogs, i totally understand why you made the move. My family and friends never understood and to this day are horrifically insensitive about our whole journey. I just wish I had this outlet then, but even being on the other side...I still struggle with the same feelings. I only hope that your prayers are answered!
Thank you for letting me follow you to the other side. :) I couldn't bear not being a part of your journey. I am glad you are finally getting some answers!!
Thank you for allowing me to be part of your journey!!!I am so happy that you may finally be getting some answers. I am very hopeful for you and your husband in your FET this June!
Post a Comment