Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 20, 2011

Logistics of going private....and more on my controversial decision

A few of you have expressed concern that you aren't very good at keeping up with private blogs. I just wanted to acknowledge that I completely understand. I realize that private blogs do not come up in the blogger news feed...which is kinda sad; I think blogger should change that.

For those of you who have expressed interest in continuing to follow my blog. I'll be sending out an email this weekend to the email address you've given me to invite you to continue to follow my blog. The real downside to going private (as I've mentioned) is that I will no longer show up in your news feed, so please save my blog address to your favorites and remember to check in on me every so often. While I am sad that I'll be somewhat out of the loop...hopefully my continued support of your blog will help you to remember to stop in and check on me. You guys all know it's been a bumpy, interesting, heartbreaking ride so far...and I don't anticipate anything changing soon. So stay tuned to channel Krista!

As I've stated...going private was not an easy decision, so please don't think I've taken this decision lightly. Many of you have made the wise decision not to tell real life friends and family about your blog. Many of you have expressed to me that you wish you wouldn't have told friends and family about your blog because now you have to sensor what you say and how you are really feeling on your blog. While it is true that I have censored myself to a certain degree due to real life friends reading my blog, I’ve still tried to be as open and honest as I can without possibly seriously offending anyone.  Sometimes that's hard because this is such an emotionally driven process, and you say things out of frustration, out of the unfairness of it all. People can take things personally when that was never the original intention.

Up until this past failed cycle, I really did think that it was good for real life friends to read my blog. I thought it would make the friendships stronger because they'd know what I was dealing with and what I was up against. However, I've realized over the past few weeks that with some friendships it has done the complete opposite of what I intended for it to do. It is unfair of me to continue to drag my friends through this journey when there is no end in sight. It is unfair for them to read this blog, know the details of what I am going through and then be expected to know how to respond, how to be a friend to me or what to say.  I don’t want friends to constantly feel like they have to walk on egg shells around me. While it IS difficult for me to see so many friends conceiving so easily, and it HAS become increasingly difficult for me to participate in pregnancy related events, I certainly do not want my friends to feel awkward around me or feel like I don't want to be a part of their lives. I just want this part of my life separate so that there is no question as to how I should get treated.  I don't want to be treated any differently then I ever have been.

I need this blog to mourn, fight, get angry, hope, vent about the unfairness of it all, grieve and then be able to return to my life outside of infertility.  I can no longer just survive....I need to live again.  And, I need to keep this journey separate from my everyday life as much as possible in order to live. 

Also, my husband does not support me leaving this blog open for everyone to read any longer. So, in order for me to keep this blog up as a way to document my journey and to connect with and fight along side other wonderful women, I have to go private. I hope that explains my decision a little better.

See you all on the other side!

Update: On Friday afternoon I got an unexpected call. The remaining tests came back from my WTF appointment, and they were NOT normal. We may have our answer guys...we may have our answer....

23 comments:

Kristen {www.buckupbuttercup.net} said...

Hi,
I'm so glad there's still going to be a way of following your blog! Here's my email: kristen.grant@sbcglobal.net.
This was a really interesting post for me to read, as I've been thinking of putting a link to my blog on Facebook, but have held back for reasons I can't quite explain. Now I'm thinking maybe I've been right to hold back...
Good luck on the next part of all this for you!
xoxo

DandelionBreeze said...

I completely respect your decision and understand why you need to go private... I'll be following up every step of the way hun. Love always xoxo

Jessica said...

I have just recently started to follow your blog. I totally understand you going private. I started a private blog and sent everyone on my list an email everytime I had a new post. That way no one would "forget" about me. GL!

I would love to continue following you.
dreamsofababy@hotmail.com

Bird said...

Still standing behind you in understanding and agreement. Also my bloodtests came back off too. Guess who's gonna be on lovenox because she has clotting issues oh and i'm anemic. hope your tests were something seemingly easy to fix too.

RMCarter said...

I am glad you are doing what you need to do to make this journey more bearable. I totally know what you are saying about being treated differently. I’ll never forget when I was told directly that I would not be invited to a baby shower because they wanted to “protect” me. So they were “taking the decision away from me and not inviting me at all”. That was flat-out scarring and I felt like such a freak. I hate being treated differently (as good as their intentions may be). That is a story I haven't shared on my blog because I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. So I also know what you mean about censoring yourself.

I look forward to following on the other side. How I’ve handled the “private” blog thing on our family blog is to create a ‘blog updater’. That way new posts will still show up in feeds. Here is the address if you want to check out what I mean…

http://www.carter-forever.com/

xoxo

Marissa said...

Ooohhh, I really really hope you found your answer! On pins and needles here!

marilyn said...

please include me. I want to follow your journey..but I understand your husband's concern..this is really personal stuff:)

Jen said...

I completely understand where you are coming from Krista. I too made the decision to invite a few family and friends to read my blog and while I appreciate not being able to relive details to each and every person, sometimes I wonder if it was the right decision due to the very same issues you express in your post. I will absolutely check in on you and I am anxious to hear the results of your tests. Sending love, strength and support your way my friend!

clewis said...

Hi, I say bugger everyone else. This is YOUR page. I have been very honest and sometimes crude about everything, all my friends and family read my blog and I try not to sensor anything on their behalf, I think if they dont like what they read, tough. I do understand not everyone can feel comfortable being so honest and open and thats fine, whatever works for you and your husband, but please remember why you are doing this blog, its for YOU, dont try to hide how you feel, Iv'e realised offending people is just inevidable in life, and I have to look out for myself and my husband first. Take care of yourself and I hope this makes it easier for you to express everything. You dont need any extra stress from other people. I will always read, never judge you and continue to help in any way I can.

clewis said...

PS: New pic is cute!

Kristen {www.buckupbuttercup.net} said...

Look forward to hearing your test results...

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

I'm not going anywhere! But if my husband reads this post....

I'm in deep shit.

Because he wants me to go private too. (Something about putting too much out there - which I totally get for the reasons you stated.) Besides, I have employees and an ex-wife stalking me which only adds to the stress.

Something to think about. (p.s. can't wait to hear more about how the tests went)

B- said...

Totally understand your decision! Definitely going to keep following/ supporting you - all the way to your bfp!

Billy said...

Here from ICLW.
Seems you put a lot of thought into going private. I had an issue once with a reader I knew (who foolishly I'd told about my blog).
But it does suck that now that you're going private your readers won't get updated by a reader!

DandelionBreeze said...

Just saw your update... fantastic news b/c answers often lead to real solutions :)) FXd for you hun xoxo

C said...

I completely understand your need to go private. I wish you every success and hope that you finally have an answer.

All the best!
C

Tippy said...

i'll make sure to check your private blog! no worries :-) ... now i just can't wait to hear about your tests from the RE! post soon. thinking of you - Tippy

Hopeful1 said...

Here from ICLW

I completely understand your need to go private. I've been wanting to tell friends and family about mine but for some reason just couldn't bring myself to tell them. Now reading your post I believe that was the right choice.

I'd love to follow your private blog, I'll try and send you a message with my e-mail. All the best I can't wait to hear about your test results.

ICLW #13

Marianne said...

I completely understand you going private - me, I am a big wuss who is anonymous and my family and friends IRL don't know I blog.

I'm glad an answer may have been found! Share, share!

Anonymous said...

I totally understand. I sometimes consider starting a new blog that my real-life people have no knowledge of, because it is very hard sometimes to have everything open to everyone. Looking forward to following your private blog and hearing those test results!

Andrea said...

I would love to continue following you....my email is aedemi316@yahoo.com

Hope your test results come back with answers that are easily remedied!

Baby Hopes said...

I understand and completely support you 100%. Though I've wanted many times to go public with my blog to my family, I'm glad that in the end, I've decided to keep it anonymous and private. It's hard enough on us all to add the stress of having to second guess every word.

I'm eager to hear what your blood tests reveal. I'm praying that this is your solution! What exact tests did they run? We go in for our appointment on Wednesday and I'm interested in any tests that may help us to diagnose what's happening. If you're willing, would you email me at babyhopes2003@gmail.com? And I absolutely want to keep following... you'll stay on my blogroll!

Cherbear said...

I hope that you DO have your answer. My thyroid b/w came back normal so I am left with no answer, and no further testing was recommended. so no more half-bio baby for us