Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Monday Blues

For some reason I woke up really tired and in a foul mood today. What’s up with that?! I just got back from a super relaxing vacation and now I can barely drag my ass out of bed?! I guess because it’s the “Monday” after a 4-day vacation….those are NEVER good!

We received another lab bill in the mail while we were gone. The bill is from a far off lab for the cystic fibrosis screening that DH had back in December. We were told by our clinic that it would be a $20 charge for each of us to have the screening, so we paid the clinic directly for the cost. Well, yesterday I got another bill in the mail from the lab where the blood was sent to. This is 6 months later mind you, and we were told ONLY $20 for each of us…why are we getting another bill and why is it 6 months later? So, I called the business office at the clinic, thinking it was a mistake and that they’d fix it. Nope! The lady was a complete bitch to me saying that we had to pay the clinic the $20 to draw the blood plus whatever the lab charges. I explained to her that that was not what were told by the nurse. She got all bitchy and said that if I give her the nurses name then she can get that nurse on the phone and I can explain my problem…Ummmmmmm….what the hell good is that going to do?! I kept telling her that this is what we were told and when we are told something we expect that that is what we will get charged, we don’t like random bills sent to us 6 months later. She wouldn’t even listen to me and just put me on hold as if I was just being such a bitch that she couldn’t handle me. She got back on and said “maam, I don’t know what more I can help you with.” I was like…well, your office just needs to be more careful about what they are telling people regarding costs because had we known we were going to get double charged, we wouldn’t have done the CF screening. She again said I could talk to the nurse who told me that, and I was like “I don’t want to get anyone in trouble, I just think it’s something that your office should be aware of.” At that point she basically hung up on me.

I called DH as soon as I got off the phone and of course I started crying. I mean, it’s stupid…we get bills all the time from labs…we just got one for a $1000 and we are dealing with it. I guess I was just upset because I knew I was right and she wouldn’t listen to me, and we shouldn’t have to pay the damn bill just out of principal…the clinic should pay it since they told us it would only be $20. And, she was treating me like I was being a bitch or something…I wasn’t, I just knew the whole situation was wrong! DH just kept telling me not to worry about it, that we’ll pay the bill, we’ll pay all the damn bills, and it’s not something I should get so upset over. But, I can’t help it…..getting the bills is upsetting to me because we have nothing to show for them and they just keep arriving.

On other news, I spoke to the acupuncturist this morning and she is going to do my first session complimentary, so I was happy about that. I am going to see her in the afternoon on the 8th (I guess I have to take the entire day off since I am scheduled to see the perinatologist that morning.) So, she will do a session then, then will do another session at the clinic on the 21st (day of transfer,) then I will see her once more a few days after that.

I guess as the next transfer gets closer, I am just getting more and more anxious because I know another failure will be so difficult on DH and I. We are losing hope, I guess because we had so much hope for our first transfer. I know each cycle is different, but I am getting scared that we may have to do another fresh cycle. I’m trying not to think that way, and I am doing all I can (in my power,) to give this cycle every opportunity for success. Tomorrow is my last birth control, then AF should arrive a few days later. I can’t believe we are going through this again. I am emotionally exhausted.

6 comments:

Tanya said...

Ugh...I hate getting the mail for that reason...fear that there is going to be *another* bill. Last month I got a bill from our RE (who I thought we had paid in full) without any explanation of what the charges. Just that we need to pay x amount. I still need to deal with that...that's yet another reason why IF sucks! I hope your mood improves. Only 3 more days til the weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

Keep the strength and the faith my friend. I believe that it WILL happen for you. JUST KEEP BELIEVING (and telling yourself) THAT IT WILL!!!

I was back reading some of your posts because I haven't been on blogger the last few days and I just wanted to tell you that I have had the exact same experience with a few of my friends. A few have never acknowledged my m/c in Jan (much less were they supportive when I lost my twins in June) and to that I say good riddance...I don't need them. My true friends have stayed faithful and as for the rest...they obv weren't true friends. True friends can put aside the good happening in their lives and be supportive of a suffering friend. Stay strong. And like I said before I truly believe (and pray every night) that someday soon (hopefully in 10ish months) that you will be holding your own lil bundle of joy!!!

Take care and HAPPY JUNE!!!

E and R said...

I agree about inducing before the due date - or at all unless it is medically necessary or recommended! That would be very frustrating to get an unexpected bill (the expected ones are bad enough). If it were me, I would write a letter to the office manager both about the misinformation and the rudeness of the girl on the phone - both are unacceptable! Hope your day gets better. Praying for this cycle to work!!!

clewis said...

I'm with you, I get really scared about having to do another fresh cycle. And not sure where the money will come from for that. I was wondering if you could let me know what your early ohss symptons were, like right after egg retrieval?

Baby Hopes said...

I'm so sorry... this is seriously *not* a struggle for the faint of heart. Thinking very much of you, dear friend.

Jos said...

Ugh, we definitely skipped CF testing b/c of the cost. So many bills to add up. :P I'm assuming it was good results for both of you though, so that's good!

Pretty damn selfish of your friend though... ugh. Frustrating!!

Hoping and praying that this is the last cycle you need to do!!!