Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Where we are at......

After hubby and I met with the RE on Monday afternoon, we had a good talk Monday night. He asked if I was okay with doing one more round of clomid….I guess I am. We decided that if this does not work, then we'd be willing to do two rounds of the menopur (injectables that directly stimulate the ovaries to make follicles.) If and then that does not work, we are going to move onto in-vitro fertilization. The only downside to IVF (well, I guess there is more then one downside, but this is a big one) is that our current insurance does not offer IVF. So, we are going to have to figure out if there is any insurance through hubby's work that covers any portion of IVF (it is between $10,000 and $15,000 per cycle,) then quit our existing insurance at the end of the year, and get new insurance in 2010, which means a new RE too. I am okay with this, but I am hoping that if this cycle of clomid does not work, that we'll be able to go right into two cycles of menopur (November and December.) If clomid doesn't work this month, and I have cysts at the end of the cycle, we'd have to skip treatment in November altogether. Which would mean, we'd only get to do one round of menopur (December) before starting a new insurance and RE. Which might mean that we'd have to wait a cycle or two with new insurance before doing another round of menopur, and then starting IVF a few cycles after that.

It is all so confusing and I'm trying not to make too many plans in the future, but it also helps me feel better to know there is a plan that hubby and I are both on-board with. There is so much to think about and pray about. I mostly pray that this will be our miracle month, and that we won't have to move onto menopur or IVF, but I stopped getting my hopes up a long time ago, so now the only thing that makes me feel better is…. a plan. Knowing there are still more options gives me a little peace of mind.

I am on CD 5 now, which means I will start the Clomid today, and take it through Sunday. This is the worst part of the cycle for me, because I hate the side-effects of Clomid. It is bearable, but I am always thankful when it is over. I will also start the estrogen suppository fun tomorrow…we are starting right into the higher dosage and starting earlier in this cycle. Cross your fingers that it thickens up the lining! I will go in for my blood work and ultrasound next Thursday, October 8th. I will find out then how my lining looks, how many follicles I have and if they are large enough to stimulate ovulation. I will have my next IUI on either the 10th or the 11th.

Please keep us in your prayers.....for now, I need prayer that I do not have another "clomid meltdown" like last month.

No comments: