Well, hubby and I had our phone conference with our RE this afternoon…..not good news. After I spoke to the nurse on Saturday....day 1 of my cycle, I got VERY excited because she mentioned that we were probably ready to move onto injectables (menopur.) I've been researching menopur, and it looks like a lot of women have had a lot of success with it. I was really looking forward to moving onto the next treatment, as clomid and IUI has obviously not worked wonders for me.
Well, RE informed us that they usually like to do 6 rounds of clomid with at least 4 of them being with IUI's before moving onto menopur with IUI's. Plus, he said we are too late to start menopur this month…..dang! I guess you have to come in right when your cycle starts to check for any cysts on the ovaries. If there are no cysts, then you start the menopur on cycle day 3. So, since today is cycle day 3 for me….we are too late. I am VERY disappointed but there is nothing I can do. He also said if we want to start menopur next month, it might be a good idea to take this month off (of the clomid,) since cysts are a side-effect of clomid. They like to start the menopur after a month off of clomid, for less of a chance that there are cysts. I feel like I have the devil and the angel on my shoulder.
Devil: Just do another round of clomid, this could be your month!!! Don't take the month off! Plus, if you don't get pregnant....there is a chance you may not have any cysts and you'll be able to start the menopur next month.
Angel: Just take the month off, the clomid probably won't work, and you'll need to do the menopur, so you don't want to get your ovaries all cysted up, and then be disappointed when you can't start the menopur next month.
I know what the RIGHT decision probably is (take the month off,) but that is not the easy decision. After trying for so long, taking an entire month off seems almost unbearable. That would mean, that I wouldn't even have another chance of becoming pregnant again until mid-November. Could I stand it? Probably not. I'm going to have to the clomid again and chance it.
Well, wish me luck with my 5th round of clomid and 3rd IUI, which will probably end up the same as the others, but what's a girl to do?

No comments:
Post a Comment