Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 11, 2009

Hope

Well, yesterday was the big day…..the second IUI. Everything went very well yesterday, however leading up to yesterday....nothing went right!! I had to go get a second blood test on Tuesday morning to make sure I was not having an LH surge on my own. The blood test went fine, and I waited for one of the nurses at the RE’s office to give me a call with my results. The nurse called in the afternoon to inform me that I was not having an LH surge, and that I should do the hCG shot that evening, and then come in on Thursday morning for the IUI.

Well, that night started everything not going right. I mixed the hCG shot and then called my husband to give it to me. Well, we couldn’t remember how to get the solution from the little bottle into the syringe. We kept putting the needle in and taking it out of the little rubber stopper on the bottle. My husband FINALLY remembered that you had to turn the bottle upside down to get the solution in! So, we finally got the solution in the syringe and prepared for the shot. Well, I guess we had dulled the needle while trying to get the solution in and my husband couldn’t get the shot in my butt! He just kept poking me with it! Ouch! Plus, I don’t think he was using as much force as he should have been....probably afraid to hurt me, but he was only hurting me more by not just doing it! We decided to switch out needles, and then he was finally able to get it in. The shot seemed to go fine, but at the end he said that a bunch of blood came into the syringe. Great! What does THAT mean? I figured he must have it a blood vessel. I felt okay, so I tried not to worry about it.

The next day at work, I asked one of my co-workers who is a nurse about the blood in the syringe, and she said that my husband probably nicked a vessel at the end, but that it was okay. She also offered to do my shot next time (if there is a next time,) which I thought was very nice.

That night, while I was on my way home from work, I was thinking about the next morning. We had to be at the lab downtown by 7am, so I knew we’d have an early day. As I was pulling into my neighborhood, suddenly I remember something! The nurse had not given us a specimen cup to put the semen into the next morning! Oh my gosh, I thought....what am I going to do! My head started spinning. I quickly turned my car around and started heading to the nearest Kaiser office. I called the RE’s office and left a message. It was already 5:40, so I knew there would be no answer. I knew the Kaiser office was open until 6pm.....I had 20 minutes to get to the next town!!!! I don’t remember much about the drive over……I was in a hot frenzy!!! The traffic was terrible because it was still rush hour, and there was TONS of road construction going on! It was the worst 20 minutes of my life....my heart was racing, my mind was blurry, I was “this close” to slamming my car into the back of the cars in front of me that were going so damn slow!! I just kept thinking....does this mean the IUI is cancelled?! I can’t imagine going through all this just to have to cancel it? What are we going to do? I was a royal mess!!!

I finally pulled (okay screeched in on two wheels) into the Kaiser parking lot minutes before 6pm. I ran through the parking lot and through the lobby to the lab....luckily, the girl who had done my blood draw the morning before was at the desk. Thank goodness!!! She gave me the sterile cup and I was on my way…… I got a call from one of the nurse’s on my way home who told me that if that happens again, I could always use a clean glass jar. Errrrr, well THAT's very good to know!

The next morning, hubby and I were up at 5am. We got ready for the day, and at 6:15, we left the house....sperm in hand! What a trooper hubby is! We got to the lab by 6:50and waited around until 7:45 for the sperm to be processed. At 7:50 we were heading up to the RE’s office. The IUI happened at 8am sharp, and we were out of the office my 8:15! The IUI was MUCH easier this time. The catheter went it much easier...which I was thankful for!

I am thankful that the IUI was behind us. It was definitely a stressful couple of days!! I could feel that I was ovulating yesterday while I was work, so I was glad the timing was right. Two of my co-workers prayed with me in the afternoon...it was awesome!! I haven’t told a ton of people of what we are going through, but I have told a few co-workers since I see them everyday, and I know that they notice the ups and downs in my moods. I am thankful to have such awesome Christian women that I work with, that care about me, and want to pray for me. It is very touching, and helps more then they’ll ever know.

Hubby and I had to "Baby Dance" that night, and we cheered his sperm on! “Come on guys....find the egg!!!” Oh how I hope it will “take” this time. I am praying my little heart out!!!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments: