Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Two Week Wait Sucks!!

Well, it is officially one week into my 2WW…..one week since my 2nd IUI. I am trying to still have hope, but it does get difficult at times. On 5 and 6 DsPO/IUI….which would be days 21 and 22 of my cycle, I felt some light cramps in my uterus. I thought for sure that meant that my period was right around the corner, but the cramps seem to have subsided. I’m not getting my hopes up because I am still having that “my period is right around the corner/Menstrual” feeling. That feeling that is hard to explain, perhaps a feeling of heaviness or a sensation in the uterus....that starts right before before your period does. Ugh!

Other then that, there hasn’t been much to report. I’ve been constipated for the last few days, which is not very exciting. I feel bloated because of it, and my pants are super tight and I feel very uncomfortable! I haven’t been feeling exactly nauseous, but certain smells have made me gag a few times this week. I never want to make more out of what I am feeling because I’ve been disappointed so many times in the past. Plus, with that “my period is right around the corner/Menstrual” feeling that I’ve been having, it makes me weary to get my hopes up.

It’s a strange feeling between that “I don’t want to get my hopes up because I’ve been disappointed so many times before,” and “It’ll never happen if I think it won’t, so I should always think it is going to happen each month.” How do you find the balance between the two? I’ve tried not to be obsessive like I was last month...googling every little thing and spending countless hours on the internet trying to decipher my symptoms, and comparing myself to another’s experiences. I know it’s not healthy, so I’ve been resisting the urge.

If you are reading this....please cross your fingers for me. AF should be here by the 25th. But, if she's coming, I will get heavy cramping by the 23rd, and spotting by the 24th. The only thing I can do is hope....

3 comments:

Pixxiee said...

Definately crossing my fingers for you. The 2ww is the worst - and google is not your friend during those long 14 days. Take it easy and try to keep your mind off it (yeah I know, assvice like that never helps!)

I so understand about hearing about a friend's pregnancy. I used to try and say to myself "the fact that she is having a baby doesn't mean there is one less baby in the world for me" but I understand how painful it can be. Hang in there.

C said...

welcome to blogland, and thanks for your comment.

i think tom petty said it best, "the waiting is the hardest part"

wishing you a happy ending :)

Krista said...

Thanks girls! Yes, the waiting is the WORST!