Well, as the rest of the world was peacefully sleeping on this beautiful Labor Day, I myself was up at the butt crack of dawn. I was on the road, driving into my RE's office downtown by 7am. I had my blood drawn at 7:30 am to check to see if I as having an LH surge (I wasn't,) and then off to the office for some ultrasound (aka: "wanding") fun.
Unfortunately, it does not appear that we are ready for the hCG trigger shot today, so will not be getting our 2nd IUI on Wednesday morning, as I had hoped. I'm a LITTLE disappointed, but not too bad.
My RE said that he likes to see follicles at 20 millimeters before doing the hCG trigger shot. I had two follicles on the left side that were about 18 millimeters, and then several on the right side that were around 10 millimeters. Also, my uterus lining was still a little thin. He said he likes to see it at least 6 millimeters, and mine was only about 4 millimeters.
So, the plan now is to go back to the lab bright and early tomorrow morning, to check to see if I am having an LH surge. Then, my RE's office will call me with the results and let me know if we can do the hCG trigger shot tomorrow night. More then likely, that's what will happen. Then, we will go in for our IUI on Thursday morning.
So, even though everything has been put off for one day, I am okay with that. I want to make sure my follicles are big enough and my lining is thick enough before we jump into our next IUI. My RE also upped my dosage of the estrogen, to try and thicken up my lining. So, I thought I only had one more day of estrogen suppository fun, but it turns out, I'll have another week or so of it. Sigh....
I am trying to hold out hope that this will be our month. I'm feeling positive, but trying not to get my hopes up, as I have done so many times before.

2 comments:
Sorry you couldn't take the shot when you wanted, but it sounds like you will have a great chance in a few days when you do. I hope your follicles continue to grow and your lining thickens. I need mine to do that. Also, welcome to the blogroll.
Hi there! Thank you so much for your encouragement. I didn't know anyone was reading my blog...so it's nice to know that someone who knows what I am going through...is! We were able to do the IUI yesterday....which I was very thankful for. I just updated my blog.....thanks again!!
Post a Comment