Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Bit of Background on this Blog

Some of you are new to reading my blog, so I thought I’d give a quick “background” on my blog, and the best way to read my blog. First, if you’ve been invited to read this blog then you’ve more than likely be a part of this journey with me in one way or another. Though, I might not have shared details with you, more than likely…..you are aware of my journey. I realize that you will not go back and read each and every entry from the beginning of this blog back in 2009. However, I do think at least going back to read my very first entry would be helpful in catching you up. Then, a summary of my journey can be found to the left of the entries by month. I do use a lot of acronyms, so if you aren’t sure what I am talking about, check out my acronym list.

I decided to start this blog in August 2009 after DH and I had been trying to conceive (TTC) for just over a year. We were very lazy about trying to conceive when we first started trying in June 2008, it wasn’t until the end of 2008 that I started getting worried, and not until spring 2009 that I knew in my heart that we needed help. We did a few fertility treatments (some fertility drugs and one IUI, I believe) before I started this blog. I chose to start the blog because at the time, I felt very alone in how I was feeling and what I was going through. I love my husband and he is my best friend in the world, but….I needed outside support. I had a few friends who were also going through what I was, or had been through it, I had made a few friends on a infertility forum (thanks for being there, Sara and Meredith (ironically they both live in Florida, and I got to meet Meredith in the spring of 2010 and Sara is now pregnant (due in January 2011!)) I started reading all of the thousands of “infertility blogs” out there which helped me tremendously. My way of connecting with them was also to start a blog so that they’d know I was going through what they were, and we could relate to one another on a different level then I could with my “regular group of friends.” But, I realized that a lot of my regular friends also cared about me and wanted to know the details of my journey, so I decided to share the blog with a very small handful of friends. I found the blog to be very helpful in letting people know where I was in my journey, without them feeling uncomfortable about asking me, or feeling like they were prying. I hope those that have recently joined in on reading my blog will feel included on this journey with me too. I also write in this blog because it helps me journal and "get out" how I am feeling. I think journaling is something that is very important to do when you are going through something difficult.

I updated the blog pretty regularly for about 8 months. In March of 2010, after 4 failed IUI’s I chose to take some time away from infertility…..which also meant taking some time off from this blog. I started acupuncture and decided that I was not going to pee on anything, get poked by any needles, get “wanded,” take any drugs, take the catheter up my “lady parts,” have any blood drawn for at least 3 months. As it turns out, my acupuncturist talked me into taking more time than that from the infertility drugs and treatment. It was a good time to take my mind off of infertility for a months, which meant taking time away from this blog too.

My blog on October 25th picks up where we left off. I’ve re-vamped the blog a bit since I do feel like I am a much different place then I was when I left off last spring. I’ve realized most importantly that infertility does NOT rule my life! I am happier than I’ve ever been, and have so many things to be thankful for in my life. DH and I will continue this journey of starting a family together for as long as it takes…..and we will accept whatever God has planned for us, our marriage and our family with gratitude and thanks.

Again, thanks for being a part of this journey with me. You are all special to me! I like comments and encouragement so feel free to leave me a comment of encouragement!

1 comment:

Blurred One said...

I'm honored to be able to share your journey with you and you will both be in my thoughts. xoxo