Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blood Tests and More Blood Tests! (and a tiny bit of good news splashed in)

So, my old RE decided last week that he thought it would be a good idea for me to get a blood test of my progesterone levels during the 3rd week of my cycle. He told me that if my progesterone level is above 5 then the Metformin is doing what it is supposed to be doing because that shows that I ovulated this cycle. My question is, why I haven’t had this test done up until now? Ummmmmm…..isn’t it important to know whether or not I am ovulating? Seems like this test should have been done a long time ago to see if I was even ovulating on my own! I guess I still don’t fully “get” all of the ins and outs of fertility treatment. But, this seems like a given to me….if you aren’t ovulating, you aren’t conceiving!

Anywho, I had the blood test today and my progesterone level was 11! Yahoo! That means that the Metformin is working and I ovulated on my own! Not sure what that means for me at this point, but it gives me some hope!

As a side note, I thought you would all be interested in knowing how many blood tests I have done (only related to fertility) since we started this process in the spring of 2009. I was going to make all of you put in a guess…..but then I decided just to tell you. Counting the one I had this morning, my total is 59! 59 needles in my arm y’all! Oh, and to top all this off….Friday I have to go see the “new” RE to get blood levels checked for fasting insulin and fasting glucose to see if my levels have gone down since starting Metformin. Yikes! Maybe I’ll give myself a prize when I hit a hundred!!! Yeehaw!

No comments: