Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Deciding our next step....

I met with my “old” RE (reproductive endocrinologist) today and he was comfortable with the PCO diagnosis. In fact, he thinks that I probably do have it, but keep my weight and cycles somewhat “in check” by the amount of exercise I do. Now, don’t go thinking I am running marathons each month. But, I do hike, bike, light jog and walk….something each day, even if it’s just a nice walk with my pupper-doodle.

Right now, DH and I are considering whether or not to try another month or another few months of Letrozole (infertility drug,) along with the Metformin. Part of me wants to give it one more try before we jump on the IVF wagon. Part of me thinks it will be a waste of time and money. We’ll have to decide within the next 2 weeks, since that is when my next cycle will start. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to give it one more try. But, I worry about adding in more appointments and pharmacy runs to my schedule. I already have so limited free time, and I have a few more rounds of blood tests coming up that I’ll need to fit into my schedule somehow. I guess if we decide to go that route, then I’ll make it work.

The good news is that I started taking a very small dosage of Phenergan with the Metformin, which is helping with the nausea. It makes me VERY sleepy, so I have to take it all at night, and then peel myself out of bed in the morning. I’m hoping to discontinue the Phenergan very soon!

No comments: