I never said it would be easy, only that it would be worth it
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
OMG!!! It's ALL here!
OMG! Okay, so I'm sure many of you have had this feeling when ALL of your meds show up on your doorstep at one time, and I know I keep saying this, but now there is REALLY no turning back! It is happening! We now have all of our stimulation meds (follistim and menopur,) our lupron, our trigger shot and all of the post-IVF meds. Now, I just need to pick up all of my prescription strength vitamins. When I opened up the big box of meds and saw everything that was in there I honestly didn't know if I was going to laugh or cry!
I plan to set up the meds in what I am calling "shot station" (which is actually the guest bathroom.) On Tuesday, I'll be doing my first shot of Lupron (for those that don't know, Lupron basically shuts down your normal hormone cycles so that the doctor can control your hormones, it is pretty much like going through menopause...sounds like fun, right?) I will do Lupron injections until my trigger shot, which will be towards the end of January (an entire month....e-gads!) I will start the actual stimulation meds once my next cycle starts (I am estimating somewhere around January 10th.) At one point during this cycle (for about 10-12 days) I will be giving myself 3 shots in one day! This IVF process is definitely not for the weak or faint of heart! I'm not sure there has been anything in my life to prepare me for this....but I'm doing it anyway! I don't know where I will find my strength....but I will!!!
On other news, I've been trying once again to get up to the right dosage of Metformin. At my appointment last Friday, the nurse recommended taking the two doses at different times (morning and evening.) Well, I tried that and am still getting intense nausea and tummy aches. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get up to the recommended dosage....honestly. It makes me too nauseous...to the point where I can't even function. I might just have to cross my fingers that one dose of Metformin does the trick for me.
Will update again on Monday after my blood work and once I hear that I will for sure be starting Lupron on Tuesday! We are getting so close!
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!
P.S Pic is what $4k worth of meds look like!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Starting on this journey is exciting. I know that looking at all those meds right now seems intimidating, but once you start the shots will become mundane and you'll be at a retrieval stage before you know it! I was lucky that I only had to do Menopur and then later added Cetrotide, but my tummy was all covered with little dots from injections. :) But at the end hoping that it is all worth it!
Good luck with your test on Monday.
hey there. man, that looks intimidating. I am to get my big box o' drugs tomorrow. Good luck to us both!!
Good luck!
I'm one day ahead of you!!
It is amazing the strength we have to go through this IVF!
Good luck
Holy Pharmacy! You could be the neighborhood drug dealer - lol. Good luck! Thinking about you.
AP
So exciting that you are starting your IVF cycle so soon! I wish you the best of luck. Yes there are a ton of meds but if you just take it one day and one needle at a time I promise you will be fine. Happy ICLW!
Holy moly!!! How intimidating and so exciting that must be for your IVF cycle to be so very close! Wishing you so much joy in this coming year! Have a wonderful Christmas from ICLW #110!!!!!
Oh man....just *looking* at your pic of meds makes me get butterflies....I so remember that overwhelming feeling. I wish you MUCH luck with this cycle....it can be overwhelming but OH so exciting as well. :-)
ICLW#82
This is so exciting and scary all at once! I remember how I felt the 1st time I got all my meds, needles, etc. and thinking what am I supposed to do with this... shouldn't I have some sort of degree to administer this stuff!
I would love for you to stop by my blog and complete my survey about managing treatment related data. I am developing an application to help women that are going through infertility treatments based on my experience and getting feedback from women like you. Thank you.
Wow, it's really official! I remember my first box of meds. I was overwhelmed. I can't believe they just ship this stuff to us.
~Jem (ICLW #5)
http://ambivalentwomb.blogspot.com/
Hey we have matching collections!!!
Best wishes on your ivf!!!
Post a Comment