Well, I had a bit of a frustrating morning, but all seems to be okay now. I had to get my cycle day 20 progesterone check this morning. This is my first day back at work after 10 days of vacation, so I got up early to drive to the clinic so that I wouldn’t be too late for work. My RE has two offices, one north of us about 30 minutes from home, and one south that can take an hour to get to. Most procedures are done in the larger south office, but we’ve been able to go to the smaller north office for most testing thus far (except for all of the appointments on the 17th.) The IVF nurse that we met with on the 17th told me that I could get my blood draw at the north office this morning, so I showed up (after 30 minute drive in opposite way of work) at 7:30am only to find out that they are closed for the week! AGH!!! The door said that the large south office was open until 10am this morning. The nurse must have forgotten, because both DH and I heard her say that I could go to the north office today. So, I jumped back in my car and rushed down to the south office (about an hour drive.) I showed up at about 8:30am…..there was someone there to take my blood but the place was pretty empty. The person drawing blood was a man and I don’t know if he was new, if I made him nervous or what the deal was, but he was very nervous and couldn’t get the needle in to save his life! Poke poke poke……I just kept thinking “what the heck are we going to do if this guy can’t find a vein and get some blood out?!” Well, lucking he found a vein and got the darn blood! I jumped back into the car and drove into work…got in at about 9:30am….oh well, at least I am here!
Next, I wait to hear back from the IVF nurse to see if we are ready to start Lupron tomorrow. If I’ve already ovulated (they will know if I have because my progesterone will be above 5,) then I can start my first Lupron injection tomorrow. I’ll update again!
Update: Well, I got a call from the office and unfortunately I HAVEN'T ovulated yet, so all of the effort this morning was for nothing. I won't be start Lupron tomorrow afterall. The IVF nurse will have to talk to my RE and then give me a call tomorrow with further instructions. More than likely, this will mean another drive down to the far away clinic for another blood test on Wednesday or Thursday to see if I've ovulated and can start the Lupron. So, everything will be pused back now....since I won't be starting Lupron until later on in the week. Oh well....such as the game of fertility!

8 comments:
I Hope you get the green light to go ahead! About to do my first injection! Excited to be starting!
That is so frustrating, I am sorry. I have had to be on the pill before starting injections, so thankfully have not had to worry about ovulation. I am going to do my injection just before bed. Not long. Not worried about injections as done them before, but not looking forward to the side effects!
Oh, so sorry you can't start your injections and had experience with a bad lab technician. I can totally relate, I usually don't look, but DH turns white every time they start wiggling the needle around to find a vein... and getting an IV for a procedure took about 30 minutes and 4 nurses. LOL. Hopefully this will be the worst of the entire process, and you can start your injections very soon. Good luck!
Happy holidays from ICLW #57
I hate the waiting game! You get all excited you have your meds and you can't even start them! Frustrating! Hoping you get to start soon!!!
thanks for the post on my blog! :) I've just subscribed here. It's funny, because the way you described your dr offices and then what they did (screwing up telling you the smaller office was open)....I could have SWORN you must live near me and see the same clinic! But then I checked and if your profile is current, then I am terribly wrong.
To answer your question, we are shooting for February. We are still waiting on some expected funds (and tax return) so crossing my fingers that we'll be financially ready by Feb/March. Looking forward to following your upcoming cycle!
In reply to your question about side effects of my Lupron equivalent - I get hot flushes, dizzy spells, headaches and achy body. Everybody is different thought!
Oooooo Nic! That sounds like fun....I can't wait (not!)
Thanks for stopping by my blog and offering congrats!! Nice to meet your blog :)
The whole waiting business sucks. Let's go ovaries!! Ovulate already!!
Post a Comment