Just as I predicted, today is cycle day 1 for me. Yes, this means our last ditch effort before IVF did not work out, but I was 100% prepared for that, so not a shocker at all. It was a tough night for me, I woke up in the middle of the night with HORRIBLE cramps, I usually get pretty intense cramps, but not like this. It was completely awful! I woke up at about 1am and took 3 ibuprofen. I laid there for a few more hours waiting for them to take effect….they never did. So, at about 4:30 I got up again and rummaged through the medicine cabinet looking for something stronger. I found a bottle of darvocet from an old surgery and popped one of those. I also found my heating pad and plugged that in. An hour later, I finally fell asleep. This was after being awake from about 1am to 5:30am. Needless to say, I pretty tired out today, and the drugs just took the edge off the cramps….so not feeling great there either.
On more positive news, I finally got all of my IVF December appointments scheduled. The appointments are with all different people at the clinic, but ended up falling all on the same day…the 17th. This actually works out well for DH and I because that is the first day of our Christmas breaks, so we won’t have to take any time off work. Our first appointment is at 8:30am, and we’ll be at the clinic until 4pm. We’ll have our appointments in the morning with the IVF nurse (she’ll go over what we can expect, our IVF protocol, our IVF calendar, etc.,) the embryologist and business office. Later in the day, we’ll have our sonohysterogram and our trial embryo transfer. I’m an unsure as to whether we’ll have to have another Hysterosalpingogram….my nurse needs to find out.
This should hopefully be all the appointments we’ll have in December, except for some blood work on the 28th. I am glad to be getting most of the appointments out of the way before Christmas. This way I won’t be worried about my appointments over Christmas and can enjoy the holiday. The calendar I put up on the left side of my blog is still current……but I’ll update it as I know more. Please check in on me once the process starts in January!

1 comment:
Best of luck with your upcoming appointments! Hoping you only have to go through 1 cycle. Wish we weren't sharing CD1 - this was our last ditch effort before IVF as well. Fingers crossed for you!
Post a Comment